You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 02, 2018 4:51 pm

In a way, it would be funny if we sell him and sign any other striker like Werner or Icardi and we become mediocre again.

More or less like when everyone was calling for Shaqiri to bench Robben in 2012 =D>

Messi hasn't scored for 6 quarterfinal games in a row and his time has always failed to qualify. I guess he is a choker or maybe he is finished. Messi sucks.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Where is Lewandowski ?

UEFA Champions League top scorers by season (group stage to final)
2016/17: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 12
2015/16: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 16
2014/15: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Neymar (Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 10
2013/14: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 17
2012/13: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 12
2011/12: Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 14
2010/11: Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 12
2009/10: Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 8
2008/09: Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 9
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 4:58 pm

pyrasur wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Image

"There goes my Real Madrid transfer" :)

"Actions speak louder than words, but I got no words either"
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Where is Lewandowski ?

2014/15: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Neymar (Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 10

This is unfair. At least mention those who scored 8 or more goals, each year.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 02, 2018 5:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
MoFattal wrote:P
We previously had Mario Gomez, Mario Mandzukic and Ivica Olic. Mentioning these guys back then in the discussions of best striker in the world would have been ridiculed by almost every footballing fan out there. Yet, we've reached three finals with these guys and got our hands on the holy trophy.

Well maybe it had something to do with having Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Neuer or Alaba in the best form their lives too :D

Just imagine what a vintage Robbery performance could have done to Real yesterday

Each season has to be taken on its own my friend. It’s not like our squad is made up of B players these days. There’s worldclass talent all over the squad. However, our insistance to always relate back to that 2013 squad is what’s keeping us from moving along and develop.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 5:11 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:In a way, it would be funny if we sell him and sign any other striker like Werner or Icardi and we become mediocre again.

More or less like when everyone was calling for Shaqiri to bench Robben in 2012 =D>

Messi hasn't scored for 6 quarterfinal games in a row and his time has always failed to qualify. I guess he is a choker or maybe he is finished. Messi sucks.

Messi, whose team was eliminated in the QFs STILL did more in the KO rounds than Lewandowski did, whose team made it to the semifinals.
Additionally, Messi g+a/90 in UCL this season is 0.92 and for Lewy it's 0.66

Not really a competition at this point.

Really though, I'm curious, as very few seem to be willing to answer the following questions:

1. If we sign a striker like Werner or Icardi, do we do any worse in the Pokal or Bundesliga
(no)
2. If we sign a striker like Werner or Icardi, do we do any worse in the UCL?
Doubt it.

Even in the very simplest terms, we've got a chance to get younger and likely even turn some profit. The simple fact is that we've done "more" with "lesser" strikers plenty of times in the past. We've now had 5 years where Lewy wasn't the difference maker and frankly his performances in the UCL have been pretty steadily trending downward since his arrival in Munich, with this year being BY FAR worse than any other year here. TBH his best season for us remains 13/14.

And so it's a simple syllogism for me.
- We win BL and Pokal with or without Lewandowski
- We have failed to win UCL with or without Lewandowski
- We have won UCL without Lewandowski and never with

Therefore, we can at least maintain the same results in all competitions even if we get a new striker.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 02, 2018 5:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Where is Lewandowski ?

This is unfair. At least mention those who scored 8 or more goals, each year.

I just wanted to show (as aterford) did after me, how stupid is to compare one of the greatest footballers ever with him. Meanwhile the answer is 3. Lewy scored 8 or more 3 years: 10 times in 12/13; 9 in 15/16 and 8 this season.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Manchu wrote:
aterford wrote:I think back to Mario Gomez.
The guy scored 41 goals in 2011/2012.
But, he failed to score vs Chelsea in the final (outside of penalties, anyways). And you know what? That was IT. ONE bad UCL game combined with a good Euro from Mandzukic and Gomez was DONE as our starting CF. From 4000 minutes to just over 1200 min the next season.
Gomez's G+A/90 in 2011/12 was 1.05. Lewy's this year is 1.10. He has been invisible in five straight UCL matches and has flirted with a move, changed his agent for it, etc. And yet he's viewed as untouchable. Gomez has one bad match (admittedly, it's the final, but I'd rather have a player play well in the QFs and semis and a bad game in the final than the opposite) and he was basically done at Bayern.

Food for thought, I guess

Fortunately, we already have our Mandzukic for next season: Wagner. He's amazing in just about every category except speed and doesn't demand Lewandowski's wages. Unfortunately, he's old, but tall, slow center forwards tend to peak late, so I think we can get two good seasons out of him. If we sell Lewandowski and invest the earnings in a good winger, I think we'll be in better position next season.

Of course, my biggest fear is if we sell Lewandowski and make Wagner our new CF, we'll be back to relying on one CF.

Well, make Lewandowski our joker:

1.) no one is gonna pay a decent amount for those shitshows

2.) he's a choker already - not mich change

3.) his wife is hot, we'll see more of her if he watches from the stands next to her...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Why are we comparing Lewandowski to Messi when not long ago we were comparing him to Wagner?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dalv » Wed May 02, 2018 5:37 pm

I’m not going to watch any more Bayern games as long as this clown plays for us
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:16 pm

MUTU wrote:Why are we comparing Lewandowski to Messi when not long ago we were comparing him to Wagner?

We realized comparing him to Wagner was unfair and settled for Messi instead...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Where is WHOEVER you want to buy to replace Lewy?

Unless you are talking about signing Cristiano Ronaldo :?

I said last 3 seasons. Messi hasn't scored in either final, semi finals or quarter finals for 3 year in a row nor his team has made it past the quarterfinals.

Does it mean he is finished or he is choking?

Lewy has scored in plenty of KO rounds. Or even if he didn't score, he was still important like against Besiktas when he sent off Domagoj Vida in the first half. That made things easier

I'm disappointed cause he couldn't score against Real this year, but the lack of a wide player on the right (as Mueller was playing too centrally) overcrowded the box and he had no space at all. He gave everything and you can see he was as sad as any other Bayern player/supporter after the game.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bastos80 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Where is WHOEVER you want to buy to replace Lewy?

I said last 3 seasons. Messi hasn't scored in either final, semi finals or quarter finals for 3 year in a row nor his team has made it past the quarterfinals.

Lewy has scored in plenty of KO rounds. Or even if he didn't score, he was still important like against Besiktas when he sent off Domagoj Vida in the first half. That made things easier

I'm disappointed cause he couldn't score against Real this year, but the lack of a wide player on the right (as Mueller was playing too centrally) overcrowded the box and he had no space at all. He gave everything and you can see he was as sad as any other Bayern player/supporter after the game.

First of all, that last paragraph is probably true. Müller + Lewandowski with just one winger probably doesn't cut it at the highest level. Problem:
1. Müller always players
2. Whether it's on the wing or in the center, most of the time he blocks a spot for players suited better (any of our wingers, Tolisso/James/Thiago)
3. Müller IS FC Bayern, so him leaving is out of the question

Problem with Lewandowski himself:
1. Expensive
2. Big mouth
3. isolated in the team
4. apparently wants to leave
5. not delivering nearly as much as a player of his "caliber" is supposed to

What do I want?
A player like Firmino, who's good at link up play (we wanted that from Lewy, but from what I can see he's hardly an improvement to Mandzukic) and a good goalscorer.

It doesn't even need to be a big name like Lewandowski. It seems like that is what most people are concerned with when they think about Lewy leaving. That we won't get someone of his "quality". Do we really need that though?
Surely everyone would say Benzema is worse than Lewandowski. Guess who is about to win his 4th CL in 5 years.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Where is WHOEVER you want to buy to replace Lewy?

We let one go to HIV...

What did he do in 6 K.O. games? A red? Uuuuuuh, great... At his salary, no goal in 180 mins, while the 10 years younger RB scores two, in the same overcrowded box, is a joke...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I said last 3 seasons. Messi hasn't scored in either final, semi finals or quarter finals for 3 year in a row nor his team has made it past the quarterfinals.

i mean yeah, a lot of people do argue that Messi isn't clutch in those types of games... ex: WC final 2014. The Messi narrative was that he choked under pressure.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion