You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 am

GoatHCW wrote:Wonder if Real even want him anymore (for the price) after these last 2 games.

Not sure why they would at this point when Benzema looked 1000x better in every conceivable way.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:29 am

aterford wrote:
GoatHCW wrote:Wonder if Real even want him anymore (for the price) after these last 2 games.

Not sure why they would at this point when Benzema looked 1000x better in every conceivable way.

pretty much.

ship him to england. let him rot with man u or chelsea.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby vitality » Wed May 02, 2018 12:29 am

was shit the last 2 games may as well start wagner
vitality
First post

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:36 am

I changed my mind. I don't want Bayern to sell him. I want him to stay on the bench all season long and only sub him when we are winning 6-0 vs Hamburg.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 12:50 am

I think back to Mario Gomez.
The guy scored 41 goals in 2011/2012.
But, he failed to score vs Chelsea in the final (outside of penalties, anyways). And you know what? That was IT. ONE bad UCL game combined with a good Euro from Mandzukic and Gomez was DONE as our starting CF. From 4000 minutes to just over 1200 min the next season.
Gomez's G+A/90 in 2011/12 was 1.05. Lewy's this year is 1.10. He has been invisible in five straight UCL matches and has flirted with a move, changed his agent for it, etc. And yet he's viewed as untouchable. Gomez has one bad match (admittedly, it's the final, but I'd rather have a player play well in the QFs and semis and a bad game in the final than the opposite) and he was basically done at Bayern.

Food for thought, I guess
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 am

aterford wrote:I think back to Mario Gomez.
But, he failed to score vs Chelsea in the final (outside of penalties, anyways). And you know what? That was IT. ONE bad UCL game combined with a good Euro from Mandzukic and Gomez was DONE as our starting CF. From 4000 minutes to just over 1200 min the next season.
Gomez's G+A/90 in 2011/12 was 1.05. Lewy's this year is 1.10. He has been invisible in five straight UCL matches and has flirted with a move, changed his agent for it, etc. And yet he's viewed as untouchable. Gomez has one bad match (admittedly, it's the final, but I'd rather have a player play well in the QFs and semis and a bad game in the final than the opposite) and he was basically done at Bayern.

agreed 100%.

unfortunately football has fanboys that will blame everyone else BUT Lewandowski for his failures. Bayern needs to ignore this contingent and do what's right for the team.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 02, 2018 1:32 am

There is something like a single guy on this entire forum that is NOT in favor of kicking Lewandowski out at this point. Saying that for some he is "untouchable" doesn't even qualify as a strawman.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby IrishDave » Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 am

I’ve a strange feeling we are going to get stuck with him, who the hell is going to pay our asking price for him after his recent shitshows
IrishDave
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 2:16 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:There is something like a single guy on this entire forum that is NOT in favor of kicking Lewandowski out at this point. Saying that for some he is "untouchable" doesn't even qualify as a strawman.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Oh, I don't think it's such a stretch. You don't have to go back very far to find plenty of users who think selling him is silly talk.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Larhm » Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 am

bloody hell. Please just put kimmich as the striker
Larhm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 am

Fortunately, we already have our Mandzukic for next season: Wagner. He's amazing in just about every category except speed and doesn't demand Lewandowski's wages. Unfortunately, he's old, but tall, slow center forwards tend to peak late, so I think we can get two good seasons out of him. If we sell Lewandowski and invest the earnings in a good winger, I think we'll be in better position next season.

Of course, my biggest fear is if we sell Lewandowski and make Wagner our new CF, we'll be back to relying on one CF.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 am

Manchu wrote:

Fortunately, we already have our Mandzukic for next season: Wagner. He's amazing in just about every category except speed and doesn't demand Lewandowski's wages. Unfortunately, he's old, but tall, slow center forwards tend to peak late, so I think we can get two good seasons out of him. If we sell Lewandowski and invest the earnings in a good winger, I think we'll be in better position next season.

Of course, my biggest fear is if we sell Lewandowski and make Wagner our new CF, we'll be back to relying on one CF.

I would tend to agree. I'd like to see more long-term planning at CF, but, for example: Say we sell Lewandowski and get someone young like Werner as well as a winger. I'd argue we're better off for it! For me there's a lot of overlap in 'style' between Lewy and Wagner. Someone like Werner who's crazy fast and more of a counterattacking striker than a 'target man' could really add an interesting dimension (or even both on pitch at same time).
I know it's not a binary choice, but if it came down to playing Wagner as starting CF with a new world class winger(s?) or keeping Lewy and playing the same wingers we've got.....Give me Wagner and the new guy(s).
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Manchu » Wed May 02, 2018 2:45 am

aterford wrote:
I would tend to agree. I'd like to see more long-term planning at CF, but, for example: Say we sell Lewandowski and get someone young like Werner as well as a winger. I'd argue we're better off for it! For me there's a lot of overlap in 'style' between Lewy and Wagner. Someone like Werner who's crazy fast and more of a counterattacking striker than a 'target man' could really add an interesting dimension (or even both on pitch at same time).
I know it's not a binary choice, but if it came down to playing Wagner as starting CF with a new world class winger(s?) or keeping Lewy and playing the same wingers we've got.....Give me Wagner and the new guy(s).

Definitely. I have my doubts about Werner's suitability for our club's style of play but those disappear if we keep an incredible striker like Wagner as an alternative option/probable starter, and I can't justify keeping Lewandowski when Wagner has been so good that I'm starting to wonder if he's actually the better player(not as fast and less skillful but significantly more intelligent both in buildup and within the box).
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 2:50 am

Manchu wrote:
aterford wrote:

Definitely. I have my doubts about Werner's suitability for our club's style of play but those disappear if we keep an incredible striker like Wagner as an alternative option/probable starter, and I can't justify keeping Lewandowski when Wagner has been so good that I'm starting to wonder if he's actually the better player(not as fast and less skillful but significantly more intelligent both in buildup and within the box).

I think it bears exploring, for sure. One must remember that "better" (overall) does not always equate to "better" (fit/for THIS team/etc). Lewandowski might be the "better" player in a vacuum; some might even call him *the best*. But that doesn't always mean he's *the best* fit for this team, or even *better* than alternatives.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 9:09 am

At least Gomez did score some very significant goals. Last minute vs Real comes to mind.

Every striker we've had since 2010 has given us more in the CL than Lewandowski.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion