You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:People almost ate me alive for suggesting Lewandowski could be overrated. One toothless match later and the opinions sway big time. Sucks to be a player. Hero one day, zero the next.

But it's not really one is it? It's every single big one.

I feel a bit bad tbh because he did play better than he usually does in these games (usually he just disappears completely, today he was q decent supporting player but bad striker) but that is just simply not good enough for Bayern. I am sure lesser names would give us more in big games.

Well, I've been saying that for a while, but the opinions did sway after the solitary match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 am

I’ve been watching this fellas attitude for months now but I always gave him the benefit of doubt because of his quality. This game was the straw that broke the camels back. Lewandowski has become a cancer for Bayern. The idiot literally stopped Bayern from scoring and then misses a one on one chance to keep us alive.

If he wants to go to RM so bad and help CR7 in the latter’s stat padding then he can fuck right off and keep feeding the ball to Ronaldo for tapins and he can forget about taking penalties over there.

Mandzukic and Gomez were much better players in the UCL for us than he has been so far (despite the countless domestic goals)

I’d rather see Wintzheimer play next season than this ungrateful asshole!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 am

I posted this elsewhere, can't remember where, but am gonna repeat it just because I'm interested in hearing some responses.

1. When is the last big UCL match that Lewandowski was the game-changer? We talk about him like he’s irreplaceable and often times we even put him in the same conversation with the best players in the world. When is the last time he’s been able to take over and decide a game in a top-level KO UCL match?

2. Consider the alternative: Say Wagner started today. Do you think we’d have performed better or worse?

3. Consider the possible replacements: Hypothetically speaking, let’s say Lewandowski forced a move last summer and we signed Timo Werner. How different do you think our results would be this season in all competitions?
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 am

aterford wrote:I posted this elsewhere, can't remember where, but am gonna repeat it just because I'm interested in hearing some responses.

1. When is the last big UCL match that Lewandowski was the game-changer? We talk about him like he’s irreplaceable and often times we even put him in the same conversation with the best players in the world. When is the last time he’s been able to take over and decide a game in a top-level KO UCL match?

2. Consider the alternative: Say Wagner started today. Do you think we’d have performed better or worse?

3. Consider the possible replacements: Hypothetically speaking, let’s say Lewandowski forced a move last summer and we signed Timo Werner. How different do you think our results would be this season in all competitions?
1) don't know.

2) likely much better. Wagner is a good header and can actually make use of those 500 pointless high crosses we've sent Lewandowski's way.

3) I think introducing Werner is a whole different issue and would require a whole different tactical approach. I'm in favor of it at this point.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 am

aterford wrote:

Well, if we had signed Wagner(and a decent back up) last summer and started him while selling off Lewandowski, our results would be the same or better. I'm less sure about Werner, who I fear doesn't really fit our style of play.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 am

aterford wrote:I posted this elsewhere, can't remember where, but am gonna repeat it just because I'm interested in hearing some responses.

1. As I replied to your other post, without a single doubt vs Real in 2013. So never for Bayern. He may have scored in other games, most probably has although I don't remember, but there are few teams we played whom we wouldn't have got past with our previous strikers.

2. At worst the same.

3. I will keep evangelising for a 4-3-1-2 / 4-3-2-1. I don't think replacing Lewa with another striker will change a lot. I prefer having more options up front so it's harder to mark them out of the game and make it look like we're playing with 10. We wouldn't need to buy many players either; Müller can be the supporting striker and I'm confident Gnabry can play the backup/rotation role. I think his skills are better suited to it than the wings.

To answer your question though, I'd expect Werner to score less in the Bundesliga, but not enough to make us lose the title (singlehandedly). In the CL we would hopefully do better.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:41 am

The guy left me utterly frustrated. I was advocating for him being called our player of the season on another post, seeing how consistent he was this year. Then comes along a crucical CL tie and a decent opponent, and he again disappears. He’s like the Pep of players.

He has no right dictating transfer policy. He has no right demanding full CR7-style support from his teammates. He has no right talking in the media about how good is the Wagner transfer to give him some time to rest (i.e. arrogant as hell). He has no right acting like the f!ckin Lebron James of Bayern.

If he really wants to go to Real, please be my guest. I also heard that United and Chelsea are looking for a striker, even better for us.

If he does something spectacular next tuesday, which I very much doubt, I will gladly eat every single word above.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 am

I wonder if Uli Hoeness will issue a "Robert's good, but if he was very good we would have won the Champions League match" statement.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

What was with that backheel of the ball in the air next to our penalty area that almost resulted in a chance for Madrid? Very casual and looked like he was in a training session. Disappointing.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am

MaCk0y wrote:What was with that backheel of the ball in the air next to our penalty area that almost resulted in a chance for Madrid? Very casual and looked like he was in a training session. Disappointing.

Yeah, you mean the one where he was screwing around in front of our penalty area and got dispossessed by Benzema, who then almost scored. F!ckin Benzema almost broke his scoring curse against us!
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 am

... and what about him always going back to the Thiago-James area to receive a ball as if he is planning to go all Messi on them. What benefit does that give when it leaves us with zero players in the opponent’s box, when all our plan is to cross the ball inside?!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 am

MoFattal wrote:... and what about him always going back to the Thiago-James area to receive a ball as if he is planning to go all Messi on them. What benefit does that give when it leaves us with zero players in the opponent’s box, when all our plan is to cross the ball inside?!

Actually Werner would've been great at that. So so good at dropping deep and switching plays down.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am

MoFattal wrote:... and what about him always going back to the Thiago-James area to receive a ball as if he is planning to go all Messi on them. What benefit does that give when it leaves us with zero players in the opponent’s box, when all our plan is to cross the ball inside?!

... now you see why I used to love Gomez so much?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 am

Exactly! He did this well but ended up playing the role of supporting striker when we had no other striker for him to support.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am

Or Müller could've run in that space when he's got nothing to do on his side, if he's so good at positioning :coffee:
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion