You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am

Don't give the board any stupid ideas.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Don't give the board any stupid ideas.

any more*

They got enough stupid ideas on their own...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:27 pm

My god..its becoming incresingly difficult for me to maintain civil language after reading this thread..very very seriously..

Ok so I will say the reality..

If we take the 10 players, apart from striker, of say, current schalke team and put lewy in there.

In another team take our rest 10 players and put,say, nils petersen or finnbogason in there.

The 1st team would be MUCH more competitive than the 2nd one. 2nd team won't even score half the goals bayern have this season.

Yesterday he scored an amazing goal again and came close to another WITH a black eye.
And he lacks passion.. =D> =D>

Then what about the other 10 players? Who is exactly more motivated than lewa?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Erm dude... Of course 10 of us would score more than him - they already did, while playing in the same team...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:54 pm

prasun77 wrote:My god..its becoming incresingly difficult for me to maintain civil language after reading this thread..very very seriously..

Ok so I will say the reality..

If we take the 10 players, apart from striker, of say, current schalke team and put lewy in there.

In another team take our rest 10 players and put,say, nils petersen or finnbogason in there.

The 1st team would be MUCH more competitive than the 2nd one. 2nd team won't even score half the goals bayern have this season.

Yesterday he scored an amazing goal again and came close to another WITH a black eye.
And he lacks passion.. =D> =D>

Then what about the other 10 players? Who is exactly more motivated than lewa?
That's absolute BS, my friend. The second team would win easily. He is not as unreplaceable as you say. In fact, I'll hazard that starting Wagner in his place all season long wouldn't be much of a downgrade.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That's absolute BS, my friend. The second team would win easily. He is not as unreplaceable as you say. In fact, I'll hazard that starting Wagner in his place all season long wouldn't be much of a downgrade.

Ok now let me show the anti-lewy bias here in the most objective manner as possible..
Spoiler: show
I am sorry I respect all the players mentioned below but I have had enough of the lewy ungratefulness out here with 0 fault of his.

Stats of bayern strikers since 1995-96 (The significant ones)

Jurgen Klinsmann:
1995/96: 16 goals
1996/97: 15 goals

Giovane Elber:
1997/98: 11 goals
1998/99: 13 goals
2000/01: 14 goals
2001/02: 15 goals
2002/03: 17 goals
2003/04: 1 goal(4 apps)

Roy Makaay:
2003/04: 23 goals
2004/05: 22 goals
2005/06: 17 goals
2006/07: 16 goals

Luca Toni:
2007/08: 24 goals
2008/09: 14 goals
2009/10: 0 goals (4 apps)

Mario Gomez:
2009/10: 10 goals
2010/11: 28 goals
2011/12: 26 goals
2012/13: 11 goals

Mario Mandzukic:
2012/13: 15 goals
2013/14: 18 goals

None of these above scored 30 goals ever..

Robert Lewandowski:
2014/15: 17 goals (after disastrous 1st 6 months)
2015/16: 30 goals
2016/17: 30 goals
2017/18: 27 goals(till now) (30+ when the season ends)

And guess which one of the above gets comments like "is not doing enough!","lacks passion","wriedt can do what he did","should be replaced","should be sold for free","bye bye!it was fun while it lasted" and if I start digging I will find many more ..much more heinous than these ones..
Yes a guy playing with a BLACK EYE..playing with a mask when his nose was broken is not giving 100% =D> =D> =D> =D>

All the above mentioned strikers have a cult following and are regarded as legends..All the above mentioned strikers evoke comments like "ahhhh","oomph","das phantom","das this,das that","one of a kind","irreplaceable","had great mentality","was a fighter","was a striker like none other"..not saying they don't deserve it but Lewy deserves MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more appreciation,credit and acknowledgement that he receives.

Truth to be told I am the ONLY one who values him as much as should be rest most of the people's reaction is pathetic. Our squad struggles to score 99% times lewy is not there..I will not point out the examples again..Is this Lewy's fault that he is GOOD ENOUGH so that Real Madrid/Barcelona are interested in him?

To prove it even further last season Muller was pathetic..still there are 100s of people here who will find many bogus ways to justify his last season's performance..and Lewy after 30+ goals,and mind you he has scored against real,barca,atletico..all those too, gets comments like "he is not giving 100%","He is not as good as he should be","He can be replaced by a certain timo werner!"..

We are not selling lewy..even for 500 million..this much trust I have in Uli and Kalle that they will not let go the best player in our squad no matter what..

WAKE THE F**K UP!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Stop being such an emotional child about this bro. It's fine that you have your opinion and disagree with everyone else, even vehemently (so do I in other regards). But it's like everyone who doesn't think Lewy is 90% of the value of the squad insulted your mother.

Look, of course we failed to score whenever we didn't have Lewy available. HE WAS OUR ONLY STRIKER! Müller isn't one, comparing their outputs is assinine. Now that we do have a backup striker (one, that, btw, many consider mediocre), we DO score lots even when Lewy is not around. In fact, isn't Wagner's goal-per-minute much better than Lewys? (No, but it's almost equal; 75.7 mins per goal for Wagner vs Lewy's 73.3)

Fact of the matter is, Bayern is more dominant in BuLi than ever before and other teams are weaker than ever before and Lewy gets an insane amount of service. I'm not saying he isn't great (even the best in the world), what I'm saying is that you vastly overestate his value to us.

Simply put; there is absolutely NO way that Schalke would be better off getting just Lewy than the rest of our squad. Not even close. NO way. And you arguing that shows an irrational bias.

The worst part is that I don't even care about this discussion. You dragged me into it despite my point being widely different. My point was that 1) after this season we don't stand much of a chance of winning the CL 2) given that, if we had to give up Lewy to get the CL this year and also a big pile of money for Lewy, it would be fine to accept the trade. THAT was the origin of this senseless debate.

So stop reacting like we spit on your mother. Thanks.

PunkCapitalist

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I think that Lewy doesn't get the credit he deserves just because of his transfer saga BS
If he had been born and raised in Munich, he would be a fan favourite and nobody would even consider playing Wagner instead in the CL semis.

There's something else that I don't really get. Why is Lewy supposed to be not in good form? Is it because he didn't score against Sevilla? His stats are nowhere near any other striker in recent Bayern history.

And trust me when I say I want Sandro Wagner to succeed more than anyone in this forum, as all my friends teased me when we signed Wagner because he was a no one and out of nothing he has become a goal scoring machine :lol: But playing him INSTEAD of Lewandowski against Real Madrid makes no sense and I really doubt that idea even crossed Jupp's mind
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Look, of course we failed to score whenever we didn't have Lewy available. HE WAS OUR ONLY STRIKER! Müller isn't one, comparing their outputs is assinine. Now that we do have a backup striker (one, that, btw, many consider mediocre), we DO score lots even when Lewy is not around. In fact, isn't Wagner's goal-per-minute much better than Lewys? (No, but it's almost equal; 75.7 mins per goal for Wagner vs Lewy's 73.3)

Just one thing that needs correction: Wagner scored seven goals in ten league appearances (for Bayern) at an average of one every 67 minutes following his brace against Mönchengladbach.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby moro » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm

I may point out the obvious, but I think the reason people on this board are harsh on Lewy, is the fact that the possibility of him leaving is always looming above his head - at least in the supporters minds. And it's somewhat understandable, that you'd restrain yourself from standing behind a player that doesn't show significant signs of loyality.

Lewy is a bit daft as well, so that doesn't help. Often you'll see him doing his silly forced "branding" celebration, instead of enjoing the moment with his teammates, and it's off-putting. But on the other hand, Robben not passing to him is a 4-years old running joke.. I think him sulking after he lost the torjägerkanone last season wasn't completely unreasoned, but it only fueled the narrative.

I think he's footballing ability is without a question. What he's done with Bayern, and maybe even more impressive, with Poland. They went from 76th to 6th in FIFA rankings during last 5 years, and Lewy had more than a hand in it - breaking records in the qualifications and such. He's an incredible captain, elevates that team so much they look clueless without him, motivates and scores when truly needed.

Whenever you like him or not, he's still spending the best years of his carrer at Bayern. He's trying to put his name in the cards of the history, and he'll only do that with leading Bayern to well deserved glory.
moro
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Ok, first off: Bayern XI with Wagner would CRUSH Schalke XI with Lewandowski. Don't be daft. You know this to be true.
Imagine if KHR gave Heidel a phone call and said, "Hey Christian, we are feeling generous. We are have the following two proposals for you:

1. We give you Lewandowski and you give us Embolo.
2. We give you Neuer, Alaba, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich, Thiago, Javi, Coman, Müller, and Robben in exchange for you sending us Fährmann, Stambouli, Naldo, Nastastic, Caligiuri, Goretzka, Bentaleb, Oczipka, Di Santo, and Meyer - BUT, you're all on your own for finding a striker.

Do you think there's even the slightest chance in hell Schalke would ever, EVER pick Lewandowski in that scenario? No. Not a chance, it's absolutely asinine.

Bayern with Wagner starting all season wins the Bundesliga. Schalke with Lewy starting at striker still probably finishes 2-4.

prasun77 wrote:Truth to be told I am the ONLY one who values him as much as should be rest most of the people's reaction is pathetic. Our squad struggles to score 99% times lewy is not there..I will not point out the examples again..Is this Lewy's fault that he is GOOD ENOUGH so that Real Madrid/Barcelona are interested in him?

Yes, you're the ONLY one who values Lewandowski appropriately. I'm sure he's very appreciative of the way you take up your arms every time someone on Bayernforum.com says something that's not glowing with praise about him. Robert and Anna are surely eternally indebted. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It should also be pointed out: How many of the other strikers you referenced had this sort of team surrounding them? Do you think it's just coincidence that Lewy's best seasons have coincided EXACTLY with one of the most dominant (if not THE most dominant period) periods in our team's history? Bayern for the past few years has been one of, if not THE best teams the Bundesliga has EVER seen. So I think it's fair to say it's difficult to say which is attributed to which - and let's not forget that the BL outside of Bayern is, by most accounts, in a "down" period. So you've got a player who's playing on a totally dominant team in a league that keeps getting weaker.
It's a bit of a chicken vs egg situation for me: are Bayern so dominant BECAUSE of Lewy, or are Lewy's numbers so good because BAYERN has been playing at an unprecedented high level? One could argue that our dominance started before Lewy and continued when he joined, so I'm not sure we can conclusively say he's been the *reason* for our continued dominance, except for the fact that we've failed to have an adequate backup striker for a time. But in truthfulness: Let's look back at the past few years and say we kept Mario Mandzukic rather than getting Lewandowski. How many results would see significant change? Would we fail to win the BL title in any of those years? Would we do worse in the Pokal or UCL? I'm not so sure that's the case.
Lewy is the best striker in the world for my money, but i'm not sure that's synonymous with 'irreplaceable'. And I think Lewy invites a lot of speculation onto himself and does very, very little to quell any of it. Do you think he hired Zahavi just for sh*ts and giggles?
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm

To be fair, Embolo is class...
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 am

aterford wrote:Ok, first off: Bayern XI with Wagner would CRUSH Schalke XI with Lewandowski. Don't be daft. You know this to be true.
Imagine if KHR gave Heidel a phone call and said, "Hey Christian, we are feeling generous. We are have the following two proposals for you:

2. We give you Neuer, Alaba, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich, Thiago, Javi, Coman, Müller, and Robben in exchange for you sending us Fährmann, Stambouli, Naldo, Nastastic, Caligiuri, Goretzka, Bentaleb, Oczipka, Di Santo, and Meyer - BUT, you're all on your own for finding a striker.

Do you think there's even the slightest chance in hell Schalke would ever, EVER pick Lewandowski in that scenario? No. Not a chance, it's absolutely asinine.

You're a cheat, you didn't offer James to Schalke

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
aterford wrote:Ok, first off: Bayern XI with Wagner would CRUSH Schalke XI with Lewandowski. Don't be daft. You know this to be true.

You're a cheat, you didn't offer James to Schalke

They’d still take it ;)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion