You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:29 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think Renato is the recent player I regret the most that didn't work out. Seems like a very nice kid, super hardworking and extraordinarily gifted. It is a shame that he came during the bad days of Ancelotti and Kovac. Had had Pep or Flick to guide him, he might have turned out differently.

Possibly another casualty of sticking to Kovac too long. The clown should have been fired after three months. Instead we stuck with him, wasted a full season of our players' careers and lost James and Renato.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Renato could have been a dream player for Flick. The stamina of Müller and willingness to get stuck in. I feel like he could have done the same thing to Renato as he’s done for Goretzka. I don’t blame him at all for leaving as the situation he was in was toxic for his career.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Fénix wrote:The biggest mistake with Renato was that loan at Swansea. Heynckes didn't have him at his disposal and he would have given him some great pointers and matches like he gave Lukas Mai 2 matches to start.

Nevertheless, our plans with these young top talents are ridiculous. We buy them and tell them to fight with everyone else and they require faith, opportunities and patience. None of these things we don't give them, neither with Ancelotti nor Kovač was the case.

Agree 100%. There was no place for him in the team at the time, a loan made a lot of sense but sending him to England to a team fighting relegation each week? That was a recipe for disaster. I imagine that the only reason was that they had a Portuguese coach.

I certainly prefer to loan young talents that could be starters but there is no room for them; but to mid table Bundesliga teams, or even our close competitors, we did it for Lahm, Kroos...there is something about sending players abroad that doesn't look right. I even prefer to sell them with buy back clauses like we did with Emre Can, at the end there are options depending on the outcome.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:54 pm

So he had what? 5 good games with Lille?

He had many chances with different coaches and in different teams. He wasn't good enough and I'm glad that we sold him

Maybe Lille is the kind of team where he can excel? A team that got 1 out of 18 points the CL group stage and won't even play CL next year?

I wanted him to succeed with us. I was confident he would be a great player. But I was wrong

Good for Lille maybe, but not for Bayern.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 pm

Hope he and the rest recover quickly.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion