You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm

aterford wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:We **** up big time with the kid. He deserves better, i hope that he is going to find a team which is going to use him like we never did.

We sure did mess things up but his is the type of case where I wouldn't be surprised if his career really never takes off the way it "should" or how it was "supposed to". I wonder if things will ever really get back on track for him... It's sad.

Exactly. I also don't think he will ever be anything big. I don't know if that's down to us or him, but I would be surprised if he becomes world class.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:23 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:42 pm

His career at Bayern is over. I don't who should take charge in Bayern to finally give him a real chance and serious playing time, but he lost 3 precious years for literally nothing while his 2015/2016 campaign and Euro 16' made him a rising football star ready to start shining in the next 3-4 years.
Unfortunately, despite still being so young he might end up like Götze and Kovačić if he doesn't find a way after this season to return to Benfica and start playing regularly from the minute no. 1, and not in 74th or 87th minute of the game.

He was a very pointless transfer. He has so far served neither as a upcoming first-team player nor a super sub player.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Bayern's fault for not making good on the investment. If we're okay to completely lose value off the 35m or so, fine. If we're not, it's our responsibility to make him good.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:14 pm

What do you guys think that it is holding him back ?
could it be that his tactical awareness is not as it should be ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Coach.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby kod2600 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Coach.

Coaches*

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Yeah and Paul Clement.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What do you guys think that it is holding him back ?
could it be that his tactical awareness is not as it should be ?

Surely it's just the player and not the coach, when it usually is the other way around for you?
Sané ------- Lewandowski ----- Gnabry
----------- Thiago ---- Havertz --------
------------------ Rodrigo ---------------
Alaba -- Hernández - Süle -- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:52 pm

i think he's a promising player, but at what point do we say "okay it hasn't worked for him under 3-4 coaches"... the common thread would be his performances/attitude/who knows what. I want him to succeed, but at the same time there has got to be a reason he's not playing
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

nm462272 wrote:i think he's a promising player, but at what point do we say "okay it hasn't worked for him under 3-4 coaches"... the common thread would be his performances/attitude/who knows what. I wan t him to succeed, but at the same time there has got to be a reason he's not playing

At a point where he actually gets a good coach, simple as. I'm generally a believer in the idea that a player is always playing (or not) at the level that he deserves at any given point, but I take exception in Renato and a handful few - it's a complete mishandling. This is a guy who made prime Vidal and Pogba look stupid.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby nm462272 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:03 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:i think he's a promising player, but at what point do we say "okay it hasn't worked for him under 3-4 coaches"... the common thread would be his performances/attitude/who knows what. I wan t him to succeed, but at the same time there has got to be a reason he's not playing

At a point where he actually gets a good coach, simple as. I'm generally a believer in the idea that a player is always playing (or not) at the level that he deserves at any given point, but I take exception in Renato and a handful few - it's a complete mishandling. This is a guy who made prime Vidal and Pogba look stupid.

i don't disagree that he hasn't been given an opportunity, and i really want him to succeed because he has a natural skillset that Bayern is missing. I'm just wondering out loud if there's something we, as fans, don't know... something behind the scenes.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:30 pm

I'll start wondering that when we get a good coach. Right now, seems perfectly reasonable to put it on a coach who's tactically out of his depth.

Now onto my footballing opinion: the position next to Thiago certainly belongs to Tolisso, but in his absence it sure as hell shouldn't belong to Goretzka. A player who's tactically the same as Mueller but always being forced to becoming a box-to-box because of his physique. Look at yesterday - we are at our absolute worst when Mueller and Goretzka attempt to occupy the exact same space off the ball. Always, always when Goretzka is the right-sided CM and Mueller RW. We only got better when Mueller was moved centrally. So for Goretzka to work at his fake CM position, we require not having Mueller as RW - which means only one of James or Mueller can play since there's only one position left for either of them to occupy, behind the striker. Mueller could have stuck to his RW position if a midfielder who's good on the ball can offer an alternative in midfield to circulate the ball without suffocating Thiago (so if not Tolisso, Renato).

It's about the player profiles and occupying space. We need somebody to occupy the space next to Thiago, and it's not in Goretzka's nature to do that. Even putting aside skill level, Renato should be the default without any questions asked. Quite happy to be proven wrong if it doesn't work but Kovac never bloody tried it has he? Oh wait, he had and that one time we dominated Benfica away from home. And then what happened? Goretzka back in the starting line up again, and it started our horrible run earlier in the season. It's **** sickening.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby nm462272 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:43 pm

i never understood why Bayern signed Goretzka. I mean, I get it - he's a young German NT player and came on a free - but he's the type to demand a starting XI spot, and he's like a worse version of Tolisso (or at least being forced into that role, as you said). I am very curious how this midfield will be situated once Tolisso is healthy again.

Sanches was genuinely great in those early season games, and poof - nothing, no game time. Kovac is playing scared - he knows that with every poor performance, his job is in question or at risk - so he's petrified to make a change or to (god forbid) give the young players a chance. Sorry, but Ulreich should not be starting games - it should be Früchtl. Rafinha should not be starting games - he looked genuinely terrible yesterday - why not try Derrick Köhn, who was a big deal coming from Hamburg's youth team, or Lungwitz who plays with the German U-19 team? And it's mind boggling why Lukas Mai hasn't been given a chance this season, especially considering the obvious issues we're having in defense.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Completely agreed - I've always been apprehensive about Goretzka as well. At that role, Tolisso and Renato are better in every single way other than making runs off the ball. At the same time he can be a great luxury player if the team is properly built, not someone you build a team around.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion