You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Postby zozon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:25 pm

"Not just today"?

Where and how did I offended you this time? Are you hallucinating?
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

The whole "sponsorships" and "marketing" and "shirt sales" argument is wildly overblown. Very few players have enough "pull" for it to be a significant impact.

As MUTU has noted, the stadium sells out whether Coutinho is there or not. The TV rights are distributed the same whether Coutinho is there or not. Nobody is going to pay millions to add a new sponsorship to the team just because Coutinho is here for a season, perhaps more. And then there's kit sales, which, again - not a factor. Unless the whole adult male population of Brazil decides to order a Coutinho-Bayern jersey to replace their Coutinho-Barca jerseys, then maybe.

I like Coutinho quite a lot TBH but I think you'd be very, very hard-pressed to be able to back up the claim that his marketing value will bring in "half of what he costs".
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 pm

aterford wrote:The whole "sponsorships" and "marketing" and "shirt sales" argument is wildly overblown. Very few players have enough "pull" for it to be a significant impact.

As MUTU has noted, the stadium sells out whether Coutinho is there or not. The TV rights are distributed the same whether Coutinho is there or not. Nobody is going to pay millions to add a new sponsorship to the team just because Coutinho is here for a season, perhaps more. And then there's kit sales, which, again - not a factor. Unless the whole adult male population of Brazil decides to order a Coutinho-Bayern jersey to replace their Coutinho-Barca jerseys, then maybe.

I like Coutinho quite a lot TBH but I think you'd be very, very hard-pressed to be able to back up the claim that his marketing value will bring in "half of what he costs".

The marketing argument has always been fan-speak which is another way to say hogwash...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 pm

If Alphonso Davies stays permanently on the same salary, in 44 years' time he will have cost Bayern as much as they had to pay for a season (actually less) of Coutinho, plus have some extra change left too.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby GoatHCW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 pm

MUTU wrote:If Alphonso Davies stays permanently on the same salary, in 44 years' time he will have cost Bayern as much as they had to pay for a season (actually less) of Coutinho, plus have some extra change left too.

But.... how many shirts will Davies sell in those 44 years??? [-X

:wink:
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 pm

MUTU wrote:If Alphonso Davies stays permanently on the same salary, in 44 years' time he will have cost Bayern as much as they had to pay for a season (actually less) of Coutinho, plus have some extra change left too.

To put it in a different perspective...
Davies cost us roughly 10m. His yearly wage of 520k is equal to ~2.6m over a 5 year contract, for a total investment of 12.6m over 5 years.
Coutinho is costing us ~33.5m for one season.
In other words: we could (of course, in theory) sign three Alphonso Davies for 5 years for just a hair over the amount it would cost to have Coutinho for one year.

Of course, it does bear noting that what is ultimately importance the balance of the team as a whole and how it relates to your team performance. There's always going to be some players who are underpaid and always some who are overpaid. What's important is how you balance that and manage the whole cost/performance of the team.

Though I'd also say the gap between Coutinho's "overpaid" and the "typical overpaid" is probably greater than I'd expect.

Truthfully, it would seem to me like the best bet for Coutinho recouping his cost would be by way of being a key player in UCL matches. If he directly contributes in a way that helps us progress further in the UCL, that's prize money going right to our accounts that he's at least in part responsible for. That's probably the best shot we have for getting some of our expenditure back, not through marketing or advertising or kits.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 pm

MUTU wrote:657k is the best case scenario that Bayern reach the finals of the Champions League and DFB-Pokal and Coutinho gets to play in all matches.

Wow. Barcelona really took us for a ride.

And just now you realize that?

I've been posting this all over for MONTHS...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 pm

zozon wrote:What lies, that Canada doesnt care about football and that known Latin players are a marketing magnet? You say Brazil - I say Latin. That is a huge market. And not from shirts alone, Jesus. Stop putting words in my mouth. If Davies was a Latin player he would have 3m Insta followers by now, not 367k.

Take a reality pill and stop pissing on Coutinho. You make it seem like he took your wife.
Most Latinos buy counterfeited shirts x'D

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:07 pm

He just scored a beautiful free kick.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Coutinho on Lewandowski: "It's unbelievable what kind of form he is in right now. At some point there had to be a game where he does not score - but to reduce his performance to only goals would not do him justice. I think that Lewy was also very important in Düsseldorf. He fixes the opponent defenses, runs at defenders and goes deep, which immediately creates space for others in possession of the ball. That's why the team has shown such an attacking face"

Coutinho on Müller: "Thomas is a fantastic and very important player for Bayern. He brings everything, talent and experience, which makes him a fundamental player in this team. I have my strengths, he has his - but it only counts when we all unite them for FC Bayern."

Coutinho on Flick: "He has already got along very well with us as an assistant, which of course pays off now. He has the talent to make it clear to any player at any time that they are an important part in this structure."

Would you like to see Flick stay beyond the winter?

Coutinho: "All I can say is that he is doing a fantastic job and knows how to convey the things he values ​​most to his players. Everything fits between Flick and us, but other people make that choice in the end."

Coutinho on what changed under Flick: "I think the reasons are mainly tactical. The coach attaches big importance to a coordinated high pressing [..] Of course, it's up to us players to do it on the pitch, but from the start we've understood how he works and what he wants"

Philippe Coutinho: "I'm really happy to have scored again. But I think the work of the team has to be in the foreground. We have played a very strong game (against Düsseldorf) - that makes me proud"

Coutinho: "I tried to repay the confidence of the coach. We understand each other very well and we implement what the coach demands. For him, pressing without the ball is very important. We run at the opponent high up the pitch, thus causing them big problems."

/TZ/
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:31 am

I've said this before, but for me Coutinho genuinely seems to be a better fit for LW than he does as a #10. Being further outside simplifies the field for him while giving him more time on the ball, allowing him to play to his strengths more. I'm not saying he's necessarily our best option there, but, given the limitations(as well as strengths) of Coman, it shouldn't be incredibly hard for Coutinho to carve out a significant amount of minutes as a winger.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:23 am

His crosses today were something you would expect from a seasoned player of his class. I understand of wanting to go younger with a guy like Havertz but with young players you never always know what you are going to get and most players don’t peak till 25-27. I hope Coutinho and even Eriksen stay on Bayern’s radar....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:42 am

Firefox1234 wrote:His crosses today were something you would expect from a seasoned player of his class. I understand of wanting to go younger with a guy like Havertz but with young players you never always know what you are going to get and most players don’t peak till 25-27. I hope Coutinho and even Eriksen stay on Bayern’s radar....
Flick getting the best of every player. I think he's only going to get better from now on..
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:07 am

More of that please :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion