You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:35 pm

zozon wrote:When was the last time we had a Brazilian with a -NHO as his last name?

Rafinho :lol:
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:42 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bayern-mu ... land_id/26

Jorginho and Mazinho in 1995.

Damn, we certainly dont love -NHO's :lol:
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:42 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Say what you say, the #10 looks GOOD on a Brazilian name.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tikoubaouine » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Yeah, "not World Class" when he is miles ahead Robben when he got #10...

I guess that Sané #7 is still planned. Coutinho is our plan B for next year, if we fail to get Havertz... Not a bad situation.
Black magic.

Tikoubaouine
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Kavertz is not a given, no matter how much we will want him. Rudi Voller will certainly fck us up.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby bastos80 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm

zozon wrote:Kavertz is not a given, no matter how much we will want him. Rudi Voller will certainly fck us up.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/100-mio-we ... ews/342612

Völler: Havertz decides when and where he'll go.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:36 pm

zozon wrote:Kavertz is not a given, no matter how much we will want him. Rudi Voller will certainly fck us up.

I think Havertz’s decision is up to him, there was a quote from Völler floating around that was something to the effect of “Havertz will choose where and when he goes and we will respect his decision”. It sounds like if we can convince Havertz to come and pay Leverkusens valuation of him Völler won’t block it.

The Coutinho loan fee if it is only 8m is a great deal, although with his age and the option to buy cost of say it’s maybe a 10% chance we trigger it. Most likely a stopgap until we can get Sané and hopefully Havertz
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Of course Voller will say that, what did you expect him to say otherwise? He has a contract until 2022 and Leverkusen can sell him to whatever they want. He's certainly not Messi or Ronaldo to choose his destination. If Leverkusen says a strict No to a Bayern transfer - there's nothing he or Bayern can do. Nothing.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby Hardrade » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm

zozon wrote:Of course Voller will say that, what did you expect him to say otherwise? He has a contract until 2022 and Leverkusen can sell him to whatever they want. He's certainly not Messi or Ronaldo to choose his destination. If Leverkusen says a strict No to a Bayern transfer - there's nothing he or Bayern can do. Nothing.

Run down his contract and join for free. But it’s unlikely that havertz likes fcb so much to deny all other suitora
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Tikoubaouine wrote:Yeah, "not World Class" when he is miles ahead Robben when he got #10...

I guess that Sané #7 is still planned. Coutinho is our plan B for next year, if we fail to get Havertz... Not a bad situation.

Robben, known for not passing the ball ever, had 7 assists in La Liga in 2008/09, 5 more than did Coutinho assisted last season despite more matches played.

Robben was and still is better than Coutinho.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
Tikoubaouine wrote:Yeah, "not World Class" when he is miles ahead Robben when he got #10...

Robben, known for not passing the ball ever, had 7 assists in La Liga in fewer matches played, 5 more than did Coutinho assisted last season.

MUTU, I think the horse is dead, you can stop beating it now :lol:
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm

MUTU wrote:

Robben, known for not passing the ball ever, had 7 assists in La Liga in 2008/09, 5 more than did Coutinho assisted last season despite more matches played.

we could say that Coutinho is in the same position Robben was when we got him. Played great before they joined Real/Barca and then went to bayern because their former clubs bought their new toys.
Both considered as great talents that showed their skills at the highest level.
Different type of players but same story.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:08 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

we could say that Coutinho is in the same position Robben was when we got him. Played great before they joined Real/Barca and then went to bayern because their former clubs bought their new toys.
Both considered as great talents that showed their skills at the highest level.
Different type of players but same story.

Why is it the same story? Maybe I'm mistaken but my impression is that Robben played considerably better for Real Madrid than Coutinho for Barcelona, which would make the cases different.

We're talking about a player who last season had an inferior WhoScored average rating to Leon Goretzka, and obviously far less than Thomas Mueller. But yaay he can dribble before passing the ball to the opponent.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:35 pm

MUTU wrote:Why is it the same story? Maybe I'm mistaken but my impression is that Robben played considerably better for Real Madrid than Coutinho for Barcelona, which would make the cases different.

We're talking about a player who last season had an inferior WhoScored average rating to Leon Goretzka, and obviously far less than Thomas Mueller. But yaay he can dribble before passing the ball to the opponent.

I said nothing about their time at RM and Barca...I said they were pushed out the club to get new toys.
Robben was playing good at Real Madrid. But he had to make space for the next big thing...Ronaldo.

The difference between Robben at RM and Coutinho at Barca is that Coutinho was not used right by Valverde. Every barca fan will say that. And another thing is that almost everything goes through Messi. Coutinho was limited to play his game. He was not used right.

Robben is and will always be considered as one of the best wingers in the history of football. Noone is denying that. But Coutinho can go the same path as he already showed he is one of the best in his position when used right.

But to say Coutinho is not a class player considering what he showed over the years...that I cant understand.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion