You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Philippe Coutinho [Philippe Coutinho Correia]

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Kovač on Coutinho's position: "The 10 is his best position but he can also play in other positions. FC Bayern will not align a system only for him, Coutinho doesn't want that either"

Kovac at his best.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Haha, what system... I'd really like to know that... :lol: Put the starting 11 and let them go out on the pitch, fight, score and win how you know. :D
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby bastos80 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm

He doesn't feel ready for the Schalke game according to Kovac.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:09 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Kovač on Coutinho's position: "The 10 is his best position but he can also play in other positions. FC Bayern will not align a system only for him, Coutinho doesn't want that either"

Kovac at his best.

So rather than having them compete for a starting role behind Lewa, both Coutinho and Muller will be starting to his side on the wings :lol:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:08 pm

It looks like he wants to play him as an #8. let`s wait and see how he uses him.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Philippe Coutinho: "I feel honored to be here. It's a huge club with a beautiful history and to know they were interested in me was the key. So I'm happy to be part of this great club now"

"I knew Thiago before, we used to talk. He's also from Rio de Janeiro and we have friends in common. We talked a lot about Bayern and he explained to me how everything works here. And it made me fall in love with the club even before I got here"

"I learned to communicate a little in English. I understand it, of course. I want to learn German. I will definitely dedicate myself to learning it in my free time so that I can understand. Because it's a language that interests me a lot"

"My goals are always to win trophies, to win important things. I've just joined a big club with great players, so I hope I can add something, help the team and learn from each one of them. I want to learn from each person working here and help positively on the pitch"

Coutinho on his idols: "Ronaldinho has always been my biggest idol. Ronaldo and Pelé too"

Coutinho on the city of Munich: "What I realised is that the people here are very educated, people who show a lot of affection. That's at least what I've been feeling, and that's something that touches me. I'm a person who respects everyone and I think it makes me comfortable"
[fcbayerntv]

Such a great lad. :cheers:
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:25 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 pm

"At my club" =D> =D>
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 am

Borusse wrote:Do you think Kovac will change the system for him or will Coutinho play as a winger or as one of the midfielders?

System?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am

Niko Kovač on Philippe Coutinho: He doesn't need special treatment - world class player - humble guy - doesn't need any glamor.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Totally had this guy pegged wrong. Humble and educated man. I think it is gonna be very tough to see him leave in a year
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mavs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 am

Had him pegged incorrectly too. Sounds like a great guy. I hope he goes completely off the rails (in a good way) in his year here and we don't hesitate to exercise his 120 mil clause.
Mavs
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:57 am

Mavs wrote:Had him pegged incorrectly too. Sounds like a great guy. I hope he goes completely off the rails (in a good way) in his year here and we don't hesitate to exercise his 120 mil clause.

I highly doubt we’ll bring in three 100m plus players... Or 80m plus at that...

So I'd rather get Havertz if possible at all and AT LEAST one potentially WC winger... I‘m afraid Coutinho will fall off the rack - and he has yet to prove he’s even worth half of that sum...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:27 am

Have been burned before but so far he definitely seems to say and do all the right things.

Still it seems to be a tricky spot. If I'm being honest it's hard to see him performing at a level that would convince us to pay 120m to keep him. I know the market's inflated since then, but we'd be paying effectively the same amount (140m) for 28-y.o. Coutinho as Barcelona paid for him at 25-y.o.

I have seen some suggest (I think I've even said as much, lol) that perhaps Barcelona would be willing to come down on their price. Now, I'm not sure. The trouble with that (IMO) is this: if Coutinho plays well enough that we want to buy him, I think that serves to strengthen Barcelona's position. If he plays poorly, his value drops. If he plays well, his value holds or increases. So it's hard for me to see a scenario in which he plays well enough for us to be interested in a permanent deal, but "poor" enough that Barca would still be motivated to lower their price. .

Of course, if Barca are particularly motivated to sell, it's still possible. Say if they strike the loan+obligation to purchase Neymar next season. They'll likely need some sales to finance that move, so selling Coutinho would help them in that regard. The trouble would then be if he plays well enough for us to want to buy but also well enough to make other clubs take notice. If Barca needs money and (hypothetically) another club offers more than our max we're willing to pay, would they forsake the extra cash to keep 'good relationship' with us or whatever? I don't know.

And then there's still the Havertz issue. There's some fair overlap IMO between the role the two would be asked to occupy and I think we can all probably say with a fair level of confidence that given the choice between 120m for 28-y.o. Coutinho or 100m+ for 21-y.o. Havertz they'll pick Havertz. That's not a knock on Coutinho, just think that's kind of how it is.

But there are still perhaps some reason to hope. Gnabry and Coman are both quite injury-prone. I wouldn't hope for an injury, of course, but I'd really like to see - in a perfect world - Coutinho establish himself as a first-choice on the wings for us. If that's the case, we can likely still go for Havertz without having to worry about too much overlap. Sane or not, I don't think anybody would be too upset with a starting front of Lewy / Coutinho - Havertz - Gnabry or Coutinho - Havertz - Coman or similar. I'd be perfectly fine with that!

And I think there's also some value in paying a premium at times for the more 'sure thing'. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say. 120m for Coutinho seems steep, but if he's playing really well....if he's settled really well, gets along well with the team, etc - Sometimes I think it's okay to pay a bit of a premium for this stability. Yes, 120m might be "overpaying" but if a player's "true value" is at - let's say 100m, for example - but he's playing really well, in great form, and he's very settled at the club/city, happy with his situation, wants to stay - and gets along with his teammates and his teammates enjoy playing with him and want him to stay in the side too - then I think it's okay to pay a bit above that "true value" to maintain that situation. But of course that's all hypotheticals, hard to say from here.

Anyways all that to say I'm fully expecting to be really bummed when he plays well but we decide to not pay and send him back. Hahaha.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion