You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby America USA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 am

Niko Kovac: "We saw a sensationally good match today, the spectators were treated to a great game. We were 2-1 down but bounced back. It was advertising for football. We had the better chances and should have closed it out. But we've hit our target and sealed the group win. A compliment to the team. We did a good job at transitions and let our opponents run up so they couldn't stage counters. We drew twice against Ajax, a strong team. We've won everything else, we've taken 14 out of 18 points. I'm satisfied. We're waiting with bated breath for the next round."

This idiot should be concerned with WINNING matches not “advertising for football” ](*,)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby rthebest » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:18 am

He is happy Bayern drew against Ajax #-o
"let our opponent run up..." wtf they pinned your team back. It is more like to let them run at you at will.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby gumboduncan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I'm sorry to post a positive post about Kovac.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby aterford » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:13 pm

It's a nice sentiment, but in actuality, what's the motivation there? Surely the U23 players can see how none of the other youth players are getting any serious looks...

Are they supposed to be encouraged by seeing how Kovac played Wooyeong Jeong for 9 minutes?
Or how Meier, Will, Shabani, Früchtl, and Mai are lucky to even make the first team bench?
I don't know, if i were a young player this would feel pretty hollow to me. It's nice to have the senior team coach watching you, but really you've gotta know that it's more than likely not going to lead to anything.

TBH If I'm Jeong or Evina or Mai or etc I'm watching the first team and thinking, "The coach really doesn't think I could do any better than Ribery/Boateng/etc?" Not exactly encouraging IMO...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Kovac? I would hardly be excited if he cane to watch MY team... But actually capable players? Think they don’t even care...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:11 pm

aterford wrote:I don't know, if i were a young player this would feel pretty hollow to me. It's nice to have the senior team coach watching you, but really you've gotta know that it's more than likely not going to lead to anything.
:lol:
It’s like when you keep seeing that cute girl on the subway or that hottie at the club who keeps making eye contact with you and gives you the occasional smile but when push comes to shove and you decide to try to go and talk to her she either ghosts you or turns you down for the assholes.

Seriously though. This is one of my major issues with Kovac. His ineptitude. He says the right things but never walks the talk. Too rigid to play a back Three, too stupid to stop high line tactics and too scared to give the youngsters a chance. Basically he’s completely useless :P
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:38 am

"He comes too often"?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:35 am

gumboduncan wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

You have to realise..there is no point in posting something positive about kovac at the moment..

If Kovac plays someone then they will shout "He is playing an 18 yo when we are 9 points behind"..if he doesn't then you have already read the posts above..People only want to ridicule Kovac and that is the cool thing at the moment.

Refrain from it for now in my opinion. If you have some criticism for Brazzo,Kovac,Uli,KHR,Lewy,Robben then you are always welcome else be prepared for a backlash.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:41 pm

prasun77 wrote:

You have to realise..there is no point in posting something positive about kovac at the moment..

If Kovac plays someone then they will shout "He is playing an 18 yo when we are 9 points behind"..if he doesn't then you have already read the posts above..People only want to ridicule Kovac and that is the cool thing at the moment.

Refrain from it for now in my opinion. If you have some criticism for Brazzo,Kovac,Uli,KHR,Lewy,Robben then you are always welcome else be prepared for a backlash.

Oh good!

It’s bin a while since we’ve had that Freudian wee-wee of how people are soooooo negative when they state facts and the people complaining ignore them... He can watch five THOUSAND games a year, doesn’t make his incompetence to coach Bayern less obvious... 14 games in, played the likes of Nürnberg and Düsseldorf at home and yet still waiting for a fourth goal in a single game in **** ridiculous Bundesliga - and I'm not even talking defense...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:18 pm

#12 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:

Oh good!

It’s bin a while since we’ve had that Freudian wee-wee of how people are soooooo negative when they state facts and the people complaining ignore them... He can watch five THOUSAND games a year, doesn’t make his incompetence to coach Bayern less obvious... 14 games in, played the likes of Nürnberg and Düsseldorf at home and yet still waiting for a fourth goal in a single game in **** ridiculous Bundesliga - and I'm not even talking defense...

Nobody is debating facts here..I'm not saying he is Jupp or Klopp but the difference is I believe he will come good and you believe he won't that's it.. Jupp Heyckes' Bayern came very close to relegation look up..then the same Jupp lost 5-2 to Klopp ,lost a Final at home with Ryan Bertrand on LW and Jose Bosingwa at RB, and lost the farmers league with peak Robben,Ribery,Neuer,Lahm,Schweinsteiger,Alaba etc...Even next season he lost 3-1 to the mighty BATE Borisov..The difference is you stopped believing but many didn't..

The result was that the mighty Lionel Messi was crying on the bench,Pique was made a meme and Valdes lost his credibility just few months later.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:26 pm

prasun77 wrote:
#12 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:[quote="gumboduncan"] Can't see tweet? Click here!

Oh good!

Nobody is debating facts here..I'm not saying he is Jupp or Klopp but the difference is I believe he will come good and you believe he won't that's it.. Jupp Heyckes' Bayern came very close to relegation look up..then the same Jupp lost 5-2 to Klopp ,lost a Final at home with Ryan Bertrand on LW and Jose Bosingwa at RB, and lost the farmers league with peak Robben,Ribery,Neuer,Lahm,Schweinsteiger,Alaba etc...Even next season he lost 3-1 to the mighty BATE Borisov..The difference is you stopped believing but many didn't..

The result was that the mighty Lionel Messi was crying on the bench,Pique was made a meme and Valdes lost his credibility just few months later.[/quote]

Yes and no... I would be lying if I say I DID believe in 2012 that 2013 would turn out like that...

Nonetheless, my issue back then was not one regarding skill, but merely mentality... Do what you wish, but belief without any hint of realities belongs to church...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:45 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Larhm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 am

would you want to play for pep or this guy if you were a player
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 am

Larhm wrote:would you want to play for pep or this guy if you were a player
For El Cholo Simeone
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

Can I answer neither?

It’s either Jupp, Gottmar or Klopp...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext