You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Niko Kovač

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Not sure whether to laugh or cry! If this is what “supporting Bayern” is supposed to look like, feel free to say I’m not a supporter! Comparing the GOAT with the worst of all time, a legend with a clown. What’s next, Ottl compared to Schweinsteiger?

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby BayernCanada » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not sure whether to laugh or cry! If this is what “supporting Bayern” is supposed to look like, feel free to say I’m not a supporter! Comparing the GOAT with the worst of all time, a legend with a clown. What’s next, Ottl compared to Schweinsteiger?

"We" are waiting? Believe me when I say this, I'm not waiting and I will never be waiting for that moment to come and I pray that it never comes.
BayernCanada
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Some fans are so desperate to have Jupp back or find the "next Jupp" that they're ready and willing to appoint any "Bayern DNA" figure as the next Jupp in the flesh.

The reality is that these ridiculous comparisons fall apart at even the slightest scrutiny. Beyond the fact that both of them got fired in their first stint with Bayern...that's where the similarities stop.

You'll note also that you can pretty much always draw a direct comparison between Kovac backers and Pep-outs. Not saying they are always together, but almost every person I see backing Kovac, saying things like "just like young Jupp!" are the same ones who hated having Guardiola here because they didn't think we played "Bayern style" football. For them, Heynckes' 4-2-3-1 is the only "Bayern style" way of playing. They seem to conflate Jupp's tactics with Klopp's and assume any "direct football" is the "Bayern way" of playing, the same way Jupp coached. What they don't realize, of course...is that Jupp played a very much ball-dominant style of football, and frankly Kovac's football was only occasionally what I'd describe as "direct". The bottom line is that for many Kovac was viewed as the "Anti-Pep", someone who was viewed as a polar opposite - it doesn't matter what he does/did or how good a manager he actually was - he wasn't Pep, and that's the important thing. There are some Pep-Out fans who were also Kovac-Out, but I've seldom found a Kovac-In fan who wasn't also Pep-Out. So it goes.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 pm

There's no second Jupp, and there never will be.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:11 pm

I’m still not sure what kind of similarity in tactics they saw to Jupp or direct football, or even how they managed to see any sort of tactics whatsoever.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not sure whether to laugh or cry! If this is what “supporting Bayern” is supposed to look like, feel free to say I’m not a supporter! Comparing the GOAT with the worst of all time, a legend with a clown. What’s next, Ottl compared to Schweinsteiger?

Never say never :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Fokkin shameful, and I used to read that blog. Disgusting!

Jupp didn’t deserve this not one bit. I am not an idolater but this is wrong on so many levels.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Never say never :wink:

Yeah right :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I’m still not sure what kind of similarity in tactics they saw to Jupp or direct football, or even how they managed to see any sort of tactics whatsoever.

Wait, we played football under Kovac?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I’m still not sure what kind of similarity in tactics they saw to Jupp or direct football, or even how they managed to see any sort of tactics whatsoever.

Even if it's true that Kovac applied any tactic at all (and that the tactic was similar to Jupp's first stint at Bayern), that means Kovac used a tactic from the 80's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Who's the idiot who's comparing Jupp to Kovac ?
I want to see him registered here, just to ban him.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:52 pm

I hope this guy gets bitten by Jupp's dog :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 pm

What did Ten Hag win to merit all this hype? Same goes with Tuchel and Naggelsmann...

So shhh support the team and not the individual
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:09 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Heard the Bavarian Football Works podcast. What a total piece of shit thing. The guy was hysterical because "Kovac didn't get a proper chance" lol.

Kovac was probably the single most stupid decision by the board in ages.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

And that goes to say A LOT...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:What did Ten Hag win to merit all this hype? Same goes with Tuchel and Naggelsmann...

So shhh support the team and not the individual

Says you
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion