You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:05 pm

It came to me like a surprise tonight but it really took them long to deal with this situation.

It's finally over and just like after Ancelotti's end, I don't feel any better or any relief unlike when we sacked Felix Magath in 2007 and when I had some hopes that we could catch the titles with Gottmar Hitzfeld until the end of the season, but it ended totally opposite with 4th place.

My countryman won 3 titles at Bayern and that is going to stand in his Lebenslauf and yet failed to improve or introduce anything serious in both seasons, prove he can handle a big team and act as a coach of the biggest German club. The first season was rubbish, full of internal tensions, this one is far from that, but it's crystal clear that Bayern's stagnation after Ancelotti has continued and some things even downgraded.
4 years have basically gone to nothing. 4 years of incompetent control from people who actually made this club a super force 6 and a half years ago.

It's very hard, almost impossible to find anything positive during Kovač's short reign except we were good in attacking set-pieces last season like we weren't years before that and that's it.
Less than 10 games Bayern looked like a great team and played something great, offered something exciting on the pitch despite the fact that we played more than 50 matches in less than a year and a half. :|

What now when high hopes and expectations are part of the past and they only attract negativity in present time? I hope our board won't repeat mistake for the 3rd time in the row and miss with the real coach and in addition to this, fail to be active on transfer market next summer. They literally have 6 months to convince some of the top coaches to join Bayern or at least sign those perspective younger coaches like ten Hag, Pochettino and some similar guys.

Now it's time to remove the rest of the squad; first Salihamidžić and in the end to close this unlucky chapter - Karl and Uli.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Kovac's first and last official games in charge of Bayern:
Bayern 5-0 Frankfurt
Frankfurt 5-1 Bayern

If you look at it this way, one team got worse the longer Kovac stayed and the other improved the more time passed since Kovac left. :mrgreen: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernCanada » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Christmas came early!
BayernCanada
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Fénix wrote:It's finally over and just like after Ancelotti's end, I don't feel any better or any relief

I think you'll find you're (almost) alone in feeling that mate. :mrgreen: Though I agree with your post.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Kovac's first and last official games in charge of Bayern:
Bayern 5-0 Frankfurt
Frankfurt 5-1 Bayern

If you look at it this way, one team got worse the longer Kovac stayed and the other improved the more time passed since Kovac left. :mrgreen: :lol:

Treble 2022 confirmed!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Fénix wrote:It's finally over and just like after Ancelotti's end, I don't feel any better or any relief

I think you'll find you're (almost) alone in feeling that mate. :mrgreen: Though I agree with your post.

I know Bayern too well to let any emotions, euphoria, negativity or something like that to overflow me. And I'm way older than I was 8 and a half years ago when we sacked Van Gaal and the already mentioned Magath which is ever farther when I was a kid, not even an adult. :) That's experience and also the fact I'm Bayern fan and it's not easy to be a fan of a club like Bayern, though. Things almost always go hard way. :wink:
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ollio » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 pm

Thank you Niko! It wasn’t your time yet. Unfortunately as our as expectations have grown higher over time (or our competition have gone shite), the double last year felt kinda routine. But the 7-2 against Spurs was one of my most satisfying moments as a Bayern fan, so thank you for that! Nevertheless, the right decision for all parties considered. All the best!
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Ed. » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:17 am

Good luck to Niko.
He may not have the acumen to be a top manager but he does have balls.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 am

I saw a lot of support on twitter and someone told me that even on fb.

That is how true fans act.... and not like nine year old children.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:30 am

ramsej84 wrote:I saw a lot of support on twitter and someone told me that even on fb.

That is how true fans act.... and not like nine year old children.

You’re right - what's your opinion about Guardiola again?

Guess it’s my fault - why WOULD I expect anything but hypocrisy from you?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:01 am

Cheers Niko, it’s a bummer that this wasn’t a good fit. It never feels good having to remove a coach, and there’s no ill will here. Hopefully he can recover and find a club that fits his style
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:41 am

So happy that now I can finally root for my team again 8)

And lol at the masochistic losers on BFW SBN. It is like a funeral over there :lol:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:06 am

Ed. wrote:Good luck to Niko.
He may not have the acumen to be a top manager but he does have balls.

He has balls because he stuck it to your most despised player?

So by that logic he didn’t have them earlier in the year when that hated player helped Kovac secure the double?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 am

What’s a BFW SBN?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion