You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Niko Kovač

Postby Awax » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a coach as much. I’m not even excited with the new signings because of him.
I write 'Karma' on my money to make sure it comes back.
Awax
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby BayernCanada » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:33 am

Awax wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a coach as much. I’m not even excited with the new signings because of him.

I agree. It’s hard to get excited about a signing when you know the coach will have no clue how to use them.
BayernCanada
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 am

BayernCanada wrote:
Awax wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a coach as much. I’m not even excited with the new signings because of him.

I agree. It’s hard to get excited about a signing when you know the coach will have no clue how to use them.

Pretty much...I was saying earlier today, something like "I think Coutinho is a great player and in the right situation can really be world class, but there are a lot of situations where he might struggle....and I have a hard time seeing Kovac getting him back to his best."

We've just signed a guy who's fee made him (per transfermarkt) 2nd most expensive signing ever, truly world class on his day, and I'm over here like, "Well, guess we shall see how it goes, not really too confident Kovac will figure out how to use him well but okay"
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:49 am

I hate this guy so much I sometimes like today want Bayern to lose, has never happened to me before, anyone else... does this make me a bad fan.. damn.
watching games like today I get the feeling we wouldnt be any better if we had Messi on the team, nothing has changed since last year, no creativity in attack, pass the ball around for nothing
aaaaaa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Worst coaches I remember:

1) Ancelotti
2) Kovac
3) Magath
4) Klinsmann

I think mine would be:

1) Kovac
2) Klinsmann
3) Ancelotti

Magath I don't wish to judge. I have been a Bayern fan since 2001 but I only started watching the occasional game in 2005 when Magath was coach, and I could only watch a CL game here and there back then and tbh I don't remember bad games. I started following properly every week when Hitzfeld came back in 07/08.

I rate Ancelotti above the other two because on one hand, we know he was being sabotaged by some players, and on the other, he won the league in his first season without struggling nearly as much as Kovac did. Also our elimination vs Real was unjust. With Carlo it was really boring watching Bayern but now with Kovac it is much worse and it's literally impossible to see any form of plan in our games.

Klinsmann, as mentioned, had a much worse squad. He wasn't good by any measure but he wasn't as terrible as we remember him (keep in mind the following season we made it past the QF of the CL in almost a decade, and 3 CL finals in the next 4 seasons, so he is bound to be remembered as much worse). When Jupp took over for the last 5/6 games we won all but one and could have won the league on the final day. This means that when Klinsmann was sacked, even though it was very late in the season, the title race was still in our hands.

In the CL we lost 4-0 to the best Barca side in history with literally our entire defence out. The year before the great Hitzfeld lost by the same scoreline vs Zenit! We just weren't good back then. Also Klinsi had his hands kind of tied with Rensing. In the end he was the one who decided he'd had enough and put Butt in goal.

Klinsmann was by no means a good coach but to be honest in my opinion Kovac is unparalleled. Both Klinsmann and Ancelotti were better and tbh I don't think it's by only a little.

I rate Ancelotti worst by a big distance. The accusations we read against him, such as not allowing the players to train properly and them having to train behind his back... That's really serious. At least the others tried. In Klinsmann's case he tried very hard.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:04 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think mine would be:

1) Kovac
2) Klinsmann
3) Ancelotti

Magath I don't wish to judge. I have been a Bayern fan since 2001 but I only started watching the occasional game in 2005 when Magath was coach, and I could only watch a CL game here and there back then and tbh I don't remember bad games. I started following properly every week when Hitzfeld came back in 07/08.

This.
I would add magath as 2nd.

It is true we didnt have a good team back but Magath was really bad. We were playing like Stoke City.
Klinsmann really tried but didnt have the tactical capacity.

But the fact is we have much better players now and to play as bad as we are playing atm is just not acceptable.
Sometimes I think what would happen if we went 1 game without any instructions from Kovac and he let them play the way they want and just have fun.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AvatarX » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think mine would be:

1) Kovac
2) Klinsmann
3) Ancelotti

This.
I would add magath as 2nd.

It is true we didnt have a good team back but Magath was really bad. We were playing like Stoke City.
Klinsmann really tried but didnt have the tactical capacity.

But the fact is we have much better players now and to play as bad as we are playing atm is just not acceptable.
Sometimes I think what would happen if we went 1 game without any instructions from Kovac and he let them play the way they want and just have fun.
IMO most of the matches with Kovac seem to be like this: No plan, just go out and play (minus the fun part).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:42 am

Who says that yest we deserved to lose points doesn't know what he is saying...
The hate for Kovac is surreal....
We were playing a very motivated opponents... who were also helped by the incompetent refs and also lady luck.
I am still perplexed by the fact that VAR signalled that idiotic pull by the Berlin defender!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Right now we can't do nothing, the bosses should have sacked him in winter or after the double just before the pre-season to avoid tensions and critics because of the double.

Hire Roger Schmidt or appoint Hansi Flick as a coach until Ten Hag or Tuchel become available.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who says that yest we deserved to lose points doesn't know what he is saying...
We were playing a very motivated opponents... who were also helped by the incompetent refs and also lady luck.
I am still perplexed by the fact that VAR signalled that idiotic pull by the Berlin defender!

You’re still trying to pull this ain’t you?

Incompetent refs? Sure. “Lady luck”? Get out. Are you just quoting him at this point? Luck, really?

And that part about motivated opponents is just too embarrassing to comment. Have you ever heard any coach make that crappy excuse? Anyone, anywhere?
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who says that yest we deserved to lose points doesn't know what he is saying...

Well, no hate my brother, but it's going to be like that for Bayern in the future. All the teams knows our weak points, and everybody wants to show up against the big clubs out there. Yes, Bayern is Bayern, we're still favourites for the title in this League, but they already know that if they just try a simple front press against our team - they will score sooner or later.

You cannot expect to play against teams who pull off their pants and wait for us to slide into their DM's anymore.
We cannot justify ourselves with the "luck" after every game that we draw or lose. Yes, of course - no team in the world can't win every time, but I don't think that anyone is going to criticise Kovac or the players if we do the right things on the pitch and play excellent game - it doesn't matter if you lose or draw so much then.

But currently, that's not the case. We're seeing the same attacking approach and the same defensive mistakes from the last season.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I don't hate Kovac. I just love Bayern more than I like him.
Pretty easy.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I'm liking this. Stop this constant complaining in the media. Will only hurt the team.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Joshua Kimmich has spoken loudly in the dressing room after last night's game and criticised the late substitutions of Kovač [Bild]

Niko Kovač on the late subs: "Actually, I've considered whether I'd ever make subs, because the team has done well. There was nothing negative about Serge and Thomas. On the contrary, everyone gave everything. Actually, I would not have had to sub anyone"

:coffee:
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm

gumboduncan wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I'm liking this. Stop this constant complaining in the media. Will only hurt the team.

Boy, that's mighty rich coming from the master of complaining, Herr Kovac. Each time we lose points it's only because of bad luck and our players not being motivated enough, not this charlatan's total lack of tactics.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion