You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby zozon » Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 pm

MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.


You are asking this even befoee the transfer window opened. With the current ingoing/outgoing balance - i wouldnt raise my hand even if both Pep & Zidane were out coaches.

Hold your horse and ask this question in September.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1035 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:OK you are just a tiki taka nostalgic then...


Are you being serious?

It has nothing to do with tika taka or even a playing style. what matters is us playing good attacking football with clear philosophy...going forward.
And everyone can see that Kovac is not the guy for the future.

He lost the players and everyone can see that. The only thing that helped him turning things around was Uli And KHR getting behind him and protecting him and probably made it clear to the players that he wont leave and they are stuck with him so they should start playing.
And as I see it players decided that they will give everything even though they are not happy with Niko.
Imagine if the players who just won the double dont even celebrate with coach..how is that good? they have just won the double and in all that euphoria noone is even thinking of celebrating with him. That shows you something really bad is happening behind the doors.

I stand by our boards decision to back him up in october. That is what you have to do. But now you had options to get someone else and try fixing things. And we are just going into 2nd Ancelloti season. Everyone can see it. And we will lose 1 more year because of it.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4926
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 733 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby zozon » Mon May 27, 2019 4:03 pm

So stop following Bayern for a year. Problem solved and we get to not hear you whining. Even before the transfer period is opened, no matter who the coach is.

Also stop with the Everyone can see it. Dont generalize and make what your opinion is like its everybody else's.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 1035 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:18 pm

I am seeing a comparison between the leader of the Nationalist Party in Malta and our coach Niko Kovac
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41554
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28699 times
Been thanked: 6063 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby dras_l » Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
Are you being serious?

It has nothing to do with tika taka or even a playing style. what matters is us playing good attacking football with clear philosophy...going forward.
And everyone can see that Kovac is not the guy for the future.

He lost the players and everyone can see that. The only thing that helped him turning things around was Uli And KHR getting behind him and protecting him and probably made it clear to the players that he wont leave and they are stuck with him so they should start playing.
And as I see it players decided that they will give everything even though they are not happy with Niko.
Imagine if the players who just won the double dont even celebrate with coach..how is that good? they have just won the double and in all that euphoria noone is even thinking of celebrating with him. That shows you something really bad is happening behind the doors.

I stand by our boards decision to back him up in october. That is what you have to do. But now you had options to get someone else and try fixing things. And we are just going into 2nd Ancelloti season. Everyone can see it. And we will lose 1 more year because of it.


For a good attacking football, you need to have rock solid defence. I believe Kovac will improve that aspect next year and will leave good basics for more experience manager. What players didn’t celebrate double with the team? I’m aware of one and he’s been asked to leave the club. For sure it’s going to be much easier to communicate with the team as soon some rotten apples will be removed.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
User avatar
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:02 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
zozon wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:If Tuchel's or Klopp's Dortmund were around (Hell, even first season Leipzig), we wouldn't have won the league.


What a stupid, even retarded comparison.
Apples and oranges. Totally different squads, totally different YEARS.

How in your sane mind do you even want to compare two totally different periods is beyond me.


There’s been a recent surge in personal insults in your posts recently. This needs to stop.


Recent?

Surge?

:coffee:
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:57 pm

prasun77 wrote:I think Kovac got the message seeing the uncertainty regarding his job till the last day in the campaign even though he was on road to winning the double. He knows now that getting out in Ro16 is unacceptable even though it was a supposedly "transition" season and the team which knocked him out was not basel or Olympiakos either. He reads the papers, works with the players daily, speaks with the bosses daily..he knows where he lacks what are the major complaints. I am pretty sure he doesn't want to get sacked and hence, he would not spend the summer getting a tan on some beach in Croatia.

He won the double, which is BTW more than what Jupp managed last year, more than what Carlo managed in his only season, equal to what pep managed in his best season (BTW Pep never managed to win the Supercup :lol: :lol: ) and I am sure most of us didn't fancy our chances in UCL this year anyway. All I am saying is he has done enough not to be sacked, he definitely deserves another chance. I know he is tactically inept, defensive in his approach and not very good with youngsters but is he young he can work on these things and then let's see, if it still does not work out we can do the needful. It is his first season at a big club and also he was not given any player of his choice in the transfer market. Consider these things too.

We will sign some good players this summer. Offload some dead rubber ones. Then we can see, but for now, Kovac deserves a chance to improve himself and have another shot at it.


THANK GOD he wasn’t given any player of his choice!!!
The guy screams mediocrity!
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.


you don't win the ucl with just a good coach! You need luck, luck, luck and more luck... ., team spirit, a healthy dressing room and experienced players + enthusiasm of the young players


Yeah, no one needs talent, neither in the coaching nor in the squad department...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Hardrade wrote:Reconsidering Kovač after winning the double is like reconsidering domestic abuse after getting some flowers.

Out!


You could’ve gone for a really good CR 7 analogy there...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby munchen99 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.


you don't win the ucl with just a good coach! You need luck, luck, luck and more luck... ., team spirit, a healthy dressing room and experienced players + enthusiasm of the young players

You still don't answer my question. Would you say our chances improved by keeping Kovac?


Yes.
User avatar
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:30 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby prasun77 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:42 pm

#12 wrote:THANK GOD he wasn’t given any player of his choice!!!
The guy screams mediocrity!


Jovic is mediocre?? :lol: :lol:

Spoiler: show
Yes I know..You will talk about Rebic and Stark and yes, they are mediocre.
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 851 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby prasun77 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:
MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.


Oh come on..it's his first season at a big club. He will definitely try to improve his skills over the summer, nobody wants to get fired and he is very young too. Whether that will be enough we have to wait and see.

That doesn't answer my question. Do you think we have a bigger chance of winning the CL next season if we keep Kovac?



I am betting on the fact that he will improve and we will see a much better Kovac next season and then yes, our chances (compared to now) will improve. He is a young coach..he will learn (I hope so).
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 851 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby sherpthederp » Mon May 27, 2019 6:15 pm

dras_l wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:
Are you being serious?

It has nothing to do with tika taka or even a playing style. what matters is us playing good attacking football with clear philosophy...going forward.
And everyone can see that Kovac is not the guy for the future.

He lost the players and everyone can see that. The only thing that helped him turning things around was Uli And KHR getting behind him and protecting him and probably made it clear to the players that he wont leave and they are stuck with him so they should start playing.
And as I see it players decided that they will give everything even though they are not happy with Niko.
Imagine if the players who just won the double dont even celebrate with coach..how is that good? they have just won the double and in all that euphoria noone is even thinking of celebrating with him. That shows you something really bad is happening behind the doors.

I stand by our boards decision to back him up in october. That is what you have to do. But now you had options to get someone else and try fixing things. And we are just going into 2nd Ancelloti season. Everyone can see it. And we will lose 1 more year because of it.


For a good attacking football, you need to have rock solid defence. I believe Kovac will improve that aspect next year and will leave good basics for more experience manager. What players didn’t celebrate double with the team? I’m aware of one and he’s been asked to leave the club. For sure it’s going to be much easier to communicate with the team as soon some rotten apples will be removed.

Isn’t that what we hoped for last season before we saw the Kovac dumpster fire of defensive stability? We’ve conceded more goals under Kovac than any of the last 4 coaches
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 878 times
Been thanked: 1110 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:11 pm

prasun77 wrote:
#12 wrote:THANK GOD he wasn’t given any player of his choice!!!
The guy screams mediocrity!


Jovic is mediocre?? :lol: :lol:

Spoiler: show
Yes I know..You will talk about Rebic and Stark and yes, they are mediocre.


There’s more... And yes, Jovic is good... But as it stands not even 25% of his alleged wishes are Bayern-level players... That’s awfully low
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 pm

prasun77 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:[quote="MUTU"]One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.


Oh come on..it's his first season at a big club. He will definitely try to improve his skills over the summer, nobody wants to get fired and he is very young too. Whether that will be enough we have to wait and see.

That doesn't answer my question. Do you think we have a bigger chance of winning the CL next season if we keep Kovac?



I am betting on the fact that he will improve and we will see a much better Kovac next season and then yes, our chances (compared to now) will improve. He is a young coach..he will learn (I hope so).[/quote]

:Klinsmann:
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 953 times
Been thanked: 4470 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruba222, IsiahRashad, zozon and 8 guests