You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 27, 2019 11:29 am

It's the same situation Eberl faced at Gladbach with Hecking. Hecking got the results (their season goal was a finishing in the top 9 - Hecking even almost managed to get them into the CL spots), but Eberl didn't think he's the right guy to develop the team further. Eberl got a lot of flak for dismissing Hecking.

It was similar when Leipzig didn't want to extend Hasenhüttl's contract.

Of course sacking a double-winning coach at Bayern gets even more media attention.

I'm actually a bit sorry for those coaches, especially Hecking and Kovac. Both clubs knew who they were getting when they hired them. This isn't an Ancelotti situation - they did the best they could. Doesn't change that they still aren't the right coach.

There were rumours (or even reports) that Tuchel was contacted again this spring and he declined. It could be the main reason Kovac has still got his job is that there was no replacement that was clearly an upgrade. Who is even available that's clearly better?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am

RedQueen wrote:Who is even available that's clearly better?

Since Ten Haag told he is staying so the only available upgrade is Pochettino since its conspicuous that he is leaving.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 27, 2019 11:33 am

prasun77 wrote:

Since Ten Haag told he is staying so the only available upgrade is Pochettino since its conspicuous that he is leaving.

I read the other day that Pochettino is staying, too (don't remember where I read that, though).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:35 am

MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.

Oh come on..it's his first season at a big club. He will definitely try to improve his skills over the summer, nobody wants to get fired and he is very young too. Whether that will be enough we have to wait and see.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am

MUTU wrote:One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.

you don't win the ucl with just a good coach! You need luck, luck, luck and more luck... ., team spirit, a healthy dressing room and experienced players + enthusiasm of the young players
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm

zozon wrote:You said that this Bayern wouldnt won a title against the Tuchel or Klopp Dortmund or even first season Leipzig.

I said that going by that RIDICULOUS and apples/oranges comparison - Dortmund would have never won their last 2 titles in Pep's era at Bayern.

You never said in your original post: Treble season Bayern>>>Pep>>>Klopp... bla bla backpedalling stuff. All you did was roasting current Bayern and compared them to some other era Dortmund or Leipzig. But when I mentioned how another era Bayern would have smacked the sh!t out of Klopp's BVB - you started a downhill backpedalling.

You still dont know (or pretend not to) what you did
No, seriously, I got no clue what you're saying. Comparing teams that existed within a decade does not seem unreasonable to me. And, while I did not explicitly did a comparison of bvb and Bayern that is beyond the point, which is that this Bayern is weak AF and wouldn't have won against a bunch of teams that existed a few years ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby MUTU » Mon May 27, 2019 12:24 pm

prasun77 wrote:

Oh come on..it's his first season at a big club. He will definitely try to improve his skills over the summer, nobody wants to get fired and he is very young too. Whether that will be enough we have to wait and see.

That doesn't answer my question. Do you think we have a bigger chance of winning the CL next season if we keep Kovac?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon May 27, 2019 12:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

you don't win the ucl with just a good coach! You need luck, luck, luck and more luck... ., team spirit, a healthy dressing room and experienced players + enthusiasm of the young players

You still don't answer my question. Would you say our chances improved by keeping Kovac?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

You still don't answer my question. Would you say our chances improved by keeping Kovac?

Improved compared to what? If Kovac is dismissed, we need a replacement. Whether the chances are better with Kovac depends on who that replacement is.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:42 pm

prasun77 wrote:

He just recently said Tottenham is the greatest club in the world and he will stay.
Sané ------- Lewandowski ----- Gnabry
----------- Thiago ---- Havertz --------
------------------ Rodrigo ---------------
Alaba -- Hernández - Süle -- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Hardrade » Mon May 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Reconsidering Kovač after winning the double is like reconsidering domestic abuse after getting some flowers.

Out!
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Fénix » Mon May 27, 2019 12:45 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Noone is saying he underperformed or did a bad job. We all agree that he did a solid job. But we also agree that we cant remember when was the last time we played such disconnected football. I just dont like the way we play and everytime I watch us play it is like they have no clear game plan.
15 minutes of trying to play possession football
15 minutes of defending like headless chickens
30 minutes of trying counter attacking football with long balls on Lewa and Muller
and the rest is just a mixture of trying everything else that would help us score.

If the board is happy with what they see, then there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. They chose him, not fans or that Niko has putted himself there.
And yes, the fans are standing behind Niko Kovač what we saw after the final whistle 2 days ago. Maybe we don't, but the stadium stands at Allianz Arena and at other stadiums where our fans certainly do.

I didn't like what we played over the last 6 years on the pitch and it's only got worse, but who cares now... Obviously nobody when we allowed ourselves to get into this sort of situation with both players and coaches.

I wanted very likely dozens of times to see Niko Kovač leaving after this season and sacking him just 2-3 times in the last 5 matchdays of the Bundesliga. But right now when we he won everything in Germany with Bayern...

As Daniel aka FCBayernMünchen said here, very wrong message would be sent to other players and coaches if we sack the coach after this positive outcome. And as I said, so many wrong messages were already made the last 5-6 years that every next mistake would make us more ridiculous and not just in the eyes of other clubs, players, coaches(which I honestly don't even care at all), but in the eyes of our fans.
It would only prove that our leading people after 4-5 years still don't know what they want from FC Bayern and how they want to reach that.

We didn't just sacrificed this season, we also sacrificed the previous two, as well.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:55 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Our chances remain the same...
I don't agree with your reasoning so there is nothing to reply to
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Hardrade wrote:Reconsidering Kovač after winning the double is like reconsidering domestic abuse after getting some flowers.

Out!
Brutal...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Mon May 27, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:11 pm

prasun77 wrote:and I am sure most of us didn't fancy our chances in UCL this year anyway

And here's the primary reason why he's a waste of space. The fact that his being coach allows you to think like this.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion