You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby #12 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Achilles wrote:Theoretically is absurd to sack Kovac after such a strong comeback, thrashing BVB, thrashing Eintracht to the league finale and thrashing RBL for the Pokal, considering he was by far the coach under the biggest scrutiny in the last decade, having the second worst roster in his disposal of the decade(2010 the worst) and with zero(!) transfers.
Won the double, fought against a hostile environment, unprotected by the board. By sacking him you send a terrible and arrogant message out there to every coach candidate.

Practically as a Bayern executive you have to be proactive, objective and see the bigger picture here where Kovac is an incompetent coach for Bayern level, can't develop the youngsters = not suited for the upheaval. Doesn't play offensive fast-paced football and he seems very limited tactically regardless the quality of the squad. Considering the above he needs to be sacked immediately!

Since we seem to invest in the squad I suggest that Kovac needs to be replaced asap but only if we have found his proper successor, I don't want him fired just for the sake of it but I want him replaced by a better coach! ASAP

Gnabry and Goretzka are not exactly zero transfers...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:It’s not just about what others say. It makes us look like a very unstable club. Coaches will think twice about joining us and perhaps even players.

So I think it’s best to keep him around BUT not be lenient at all. If he does well, that’s great and he can stay. If he doesn’t, we’ll get rid of him early before the season is lost. The only problem with this would be that the transfer season is not handled by the new coach, but I think in the long run it is better for us. In the end we tend to plan the squad without much consideration for the coach.

so you lose another season. I hate when we sack coaches in the middle of the season. We need to look into the future. And how many of you can see Niko here in 4 years?

And about TAA, robertson...Those two are looking great I wont lie. But it is mostly because of Klopp and how he uses those two. That is what I am saying. He makes his players better and they play great because of it.

Our squad would win the BL even if we had a coach in coma.
We've done too much waiting already! We've thrown several seasons away just to give Robbery a very extended farewell. Already 4-5 years ago they weren't CL quality and we lost the chance to bring in upgrades because of them. Enough patience.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

4-5 is too harsh... Maybe 2-3...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun May 26, 2019 6:20 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Come on... The league overall is much weaker, points are much cheaper this time around. Are you seriously telling me the Keita-Forsberg-Werner Leipzig with the recent promotion boost to their mood would have not destroyed current day RBL?

Back then Leverkusen, Schalke, Gladbach were much less of a joke. Overall, the league was much less of a joke.

Destroyed? No. They conceded a lot more goals, they were tactically inflexible (they barely ever played anything but 4-2-2-2), there was no Konaté or Upamecano in defense, Poulsen couldn't hit an open barn door, Gulasci was nowhere near the keeper he is now. Especially in the Rückrunde they were much worse than this season.

The 3rd and 4th placed teams that season were better than this season, but from 5th place downwards to 10th the teams were inferior.

Leverkusen, Schalke, Gladbach were less of a joke? They finished 12th, 10th and 9th that season.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:WE ONLY WON A DOBLE BECAUSE THIS IS THE WEAKEST BULI IN A DECADE!!!! Scratch that. We didn't win the BuLi! DORTMUND LOST IT!

That is the real reason. Dortmund actually gave us this years BL. This is the weakest BL season in a decade.

Fenix and Zozon:

Noone is saying he underperformed or did a bad job. We all agree that he did a solid job. But we also agree that we cant remember when was the last time we played such disconnected football. I just dont like the way we play and everytime I watch us play it is like they have no clear game plan.
15 minutes of trying to play possession football
15 minutes of defending like headless chickens
30 minutes of trying counter attacking football with long balls on Lewa and Muller
and the rest is just a mixture of trying everything else that would help us score.

About us having a bad squad.

We are up there with all the top clubs. Only City, Real Madrid and Barcelona have a better squad. PSG, Liverpool, Juve have a just as good squad as us. Some of them are just better performers. Liverpool and Ajax had a better season than Real and Barca but it doesnt mean they have better players. It just means they have better coaches.

You can say that Pep still hasnt won the CL with City but everyone can see that they are playing some great football and are one of the best performers out there. They were better than Tottenham but just werent as lucky.

While we were outplayed by Ajax (two times) and were demolished by Liverpool. If we played City, Barca, PSG, Tottenham, Juve...there is a good chance we would be outplayed.

The difference is huge when you look at last few years. We were actually really good in the CL but a lot of things went against us. We were at least equal if not better than teams we went up against. And those were some good teams.
We strolled through the bundesliga every season since that unlucky 2012. This year was only interesting because we were so bad..not because others were good.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby munchen99 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:It's looking like I'm the only one who remains in strong opposition against him.
It's honestly ridiculous how the whole forum is now with Kovac. How is it that everyone forgets the shitty season we had?

Because results don't care about your feelings. End of story.
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Mon May 27, 2019 3:09 am

I tend to agree with the sentiment that it's a bad look to fire a double-winning coach. That doesn't make continuing with Kovac next season the best choice - especially not from a sporting perspective - but some times I do think you have to keep up appearances and have to consider the long-term impact of such a decision (in this case, considering the negative impact firing a double-winning manager could have on prospective new managers, players, etc). However, that being said, I think that we will find that Kovac has MUCH less room for error next season and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he ended up like Ancelotti - if he's gone by Christmas I don't think anyone will be too shocked.

Of course next season's pressure will be greater. I think that - in general - every manager is expected to improve year-to-year. That doesn't necessarily mean that a double must be followed by a triple, but I think we'll at minimum need to show significantly improved performances across all competitions and particularly in the UCL. No matter who we're drawn against, a loss in the round of 16 will see him sacked, no doubt about it.
On top of this we're hitting one of the biggest-spending summers in club history, likely to be THE biggest one when all is said and done. With 100, 200, 200m+ worth of players coming in, there's gonna be no room for error. All we heard all season long was "wait until he gets some new signings" and by all accounts he's certainly going to get some signings. For this reason alone we'll see much greater pressure. If you can't improve results after adding 200m+ worth of players to your club...

And after all that I think one could also say that there's no smoke without fire. I don't believe for a second this 'we never had any doubt' stuff. I think just about everyone here knows that if he'd failed to win a trophy in the last couple of weeks he'd be out and searching for a new job. I think that there's definitely been contacts made with some prospective replacements and that the rumors we heard of coaching contacts - while likely not all true - probably had some substance to them. I don't think there will be much grace at all next season. Another run like last October and he will be out.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:WE ONLY WON A DOBLE BECAUSE THIS IS THE WEAKEST BULI IN A DECADE!!!! Scratch that. We didn't win the BuLi! DORTMUND LOST IT!

That is the real reason. Dortmund actually gave us this years BL. This is the weakest BL season in a decade.

Fenix and Zozon:

Noone is saying he underperformed or did a bad job. We all agree that he did a solid job. But we also agree that we cant remember when was the last time we played such disconnected football. I just dont like the way we play and everytime I watch us play it is like they have no clear game plan.
15 minutes of trying to play possession football
15 minutes of defending like headless chickens
30 minutes of trying counter attacking football with long balls on Lewa and Muller
and the rest is just a mixture of trying everything else that would help us score.

About us having a bad squad.

We are up there with all the top clubs. Only City, Real Madrid and Barcelona have a better squad. PSG, Liverpool, Juve have a just as good squad as us. Some of them are just better performers. Liverpool and Ajax had a better season than Real and Barca but it doesnt mean they have better players. It just means they have better coaches.

You can say that Pep still hasnt won the CL with City but everyone can see that they are playing some great football and are one of the best performers out there. They were better than Tottenham but just werent as lucky.

While we were outplayed by Ajax (two times) and were demolished by Liverpool. If we played City, Barca, PSG, Tottenham, Juve...there is a good chance we would be outplayed.

The difference is huge when you look at last few years. We were actually really good in the CL but a lot of things went against us. We were at least equal if not better than teams we went up against. And those were some good teams.
We strolled through the bundesliga every season since that unlucky 2012. This year was only interesting because we were so bad..not because others were good.
OK you are just a tiki taka nostalgic then...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon May 27, 2019 7:06 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeah, so? :-/ Pep's Bayern was a machine at home, that's unarguable.
Kovac Bayern is by far the crapiest since forever. That's very uncontroversial too. Several teams in BuLi recent history would have teared us to pieces. Still not seeing what is so wrong with my comparison...

Dude, you said this Bayern would lose the title to Klopp's Dortmund. I just pointed out that Pep's Bayern would never let Klopp & Dortmund win their 2 last titles. Let alone the treble winning Bayern,
Your response was "Pep's Bayern was a machine at home" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious backpedalling from your side. You're still not seeing the stupidity in your comparison, though :lol:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:OK you are just a tiki taka nostalgic then...

Is this the only thing you got out of all the things he wrote? Come on now! xD
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 27, 2019 8:47 am

zozon wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:If Tuchel's or Klopp's Dortmund were around (Hell, even first season Leipzig), we wouldn't have won the league.

What a stupid, even retarded comparison.
Apples and oranges. Totally different squads, totally different YEARS.

How in your sane mind do you even want to compare two totally different periods is beyond me.

There’s been a recent surge in personal insults in your posts recently. This needs to stop.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am

kod2600 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:OK you are just a tiki taka nostalgic then...

Is this the only thing you got out of all the things he wrote? Come on now! xD

Typical ramsej. This guy's just pure emotion, no objectivity at all ;)
Sané ------- Lewandowski ----- Gnabry
----------- Thiago ---- Havertz --------
------------------ Rodrigo ---------------
Alaba -- Hernández - Süle -- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon May 27, 2019 9:14 am

zozon wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeah, so? :-/ Pep's Bayern was a machine at home, that's unarguable.
Kovac Bayern is by far the crapiest since forever. That's very uncontroversial too. Several teams in BuLi recent history would have teared us to pieces. Still not seeing what is so wrong with my comparison...

Dude, you said this Bayern would lose the title to Klopp's Dortmund. I just pointed out that Pep's Bayern would never let Klopp & Dortmund win their 2 last titles. Let alone the treble winning Bayern,
Your response was "Pep's Bayern was a machine at home"

Hilarious backpedalling from your side. You're still not seeing the stupidity in your comparison, though
What? How is that back-pedaling??? I'm saying: Treble Bayern > Pep Bayern > Klopp BVB > ... > Kovac Bayern. Can't see any backpedaling.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 am

You said that this Bayern wouldnt won a title against the Tuchel or Klopp Dortmund or even first season Leipzig.

I said that going by that RIDICULOUS and apples/oranges comparison - Dortmund would have never won their last 2 titles in Pep's era at Bayern.

You never said in your original post: Treble season Bayern>>>Pep>>>Klopp... bla bla backpedalling stuff. All you did was roasting current Bayern and compared them to some other era Dortmund or Leipzig. But when I mentioned how another era Bayern would have smacked the sh!t out of Klopp's BVB - you started a downhill backpedalling.

You still dont know (or pretend not to) what you did :lol:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 am

I think Kovac got the message seeing the uncertainty regarding his job till the last day in the campaign even though he was on road to winning the double. He knows now that getting out in Ro16 is unacceptable even though it was a supposedly "transition" season and the team which knocked him out was not basel or Olympiakos either. He reads the papers, works with the players daily, speaks with the bosses daily..he knows where he lacks what are the major complaints. I am pretty sure he doesn't want to get sacked and hence, he would not spend the summer getting a tan on some beach in Croatia.

He won the double, which is BTW more than what Jupp managed last year, more than what Carlo managed in his only season, equal to what pep managed in his best season (BTW Pep never managed to win the Supercup :lol: :lol: ) and I am sure most of us didn't fancy our chances in UCL this year anyway. All I am saying is he has done enough not to be sacked, he definitely deserves another chance. I know he is tactically inept, defensive in his approach and not very good with youngsters but is he young he can work on these things and then let's see, if it still does not work out we can do the needful. It is his first season at a big club and also he was not given any player of his choice in the transfer market. Consider these things too.

We will sign some good players this summer. Offload some dead rubber ones. Then we can see, but for now, Kovac deserves a chance to improve himself and have another shot at it.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am

One could argue that Kovac 'earned' to remain coach next season after winning the domestic treble. But, food for thought, hands up those who think our chances of winning the Champions League next season have improved by opting to retain Kovac.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion