You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niko Kovač

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
bmguy wrote:Kovac could be another flop for us because according to https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bund ... 478592.jsp he tends to deploy 3-1-4-2 or 3-4-1-2 using 3 solid CBs and pushing LB, RB upward, there's no space left for real wingers.

Which we don't have, except for Coman, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.
Been wishing this for ages.
Also Coman and Gnabry can play as those two behind the striker. Especially the latter

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I think so too. Even Robbery would fit in better like that these days, probably.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think so too. Even Robbery would fit in better like that these days, probably.

sure they can play, but the spot is only one left behind Lewy/Wagner. 4 wingers + Muller for one spot, don't you guys feel uncomfortable ?
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm

bmguy wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think so too. Even Robbery would fit in better like that these days, probably.

sure they can play, but the spot is only one left behind Lewy/Wagner. 4 wingers + Muller for one spot, don't you guys feel uncomfortable ?

Forgot to add I would personally go for 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 which opens more spots.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 am

I may turn to enjoy his tenure more than I planned to.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby prasun77 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Jupp,Hitzfeld,Lattek all started with 0 titles isn't it? Or they were awarded a Bundesliga medal as soon as they started coaching with the dfb-president saying you will be a "UCL winner in the future! Keep this as a gift!" :lol: :lol:

Spoiler: show
Kovac has reached the finals of Pokal both the times..I see an uncanny resemblance to Jupp in him..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Can you PLEASE stop comparing a coach that has zero Bayern games with a true legend? Seriously, I think that’s disrespectful!
And not that Kovac is a bad guy, but Heynckes is probably one of the most sympathetic human beings out there - so please...

Doesn’t mean he can’t be successful - I doubt it though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I may turn to enjoy his tenure more than I planned to.

Well, a lot people seem to think that all he does is park the bus and that the only type of player he'll like is workhorses like Vidal, but most Frankfurt fans seem to mainly credit for getting very bad players to play decent possession football and Frankfurt's most important player seems to be the most technical one, Kevin-Prince Boateng.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:34 pm

prasun77 wrote:Jupp,Hitzfeld,Lattek all started with 0 titles isn't it? Or they were awarded a Bundesliga medal as soon as they started coaching with the dfb-president saying you will be a "UCL winner in the future! Keep this as a gift!" :lol: :lol:

Hitzfeld won the league twice, the supercup twice, and the UCL before coming to manage Bayern......
Jupp was a star player before becoming a manager....took Gladbach to the UEFA cup semis and final...he even had the nickname "the champion without a title"....and managed nearly 350 matches before joining us.

No disrespect to Kovac, I really don't mean it personally and I have nothing against him - hoping he does really well...but his biggest accomplishment to date is getting Frankfurt to 7th... I don't really think there's much of a comparison. Lattek, maybe? But times were very different then...and even that was a very controversial appointment. Obviously it turned out okay, but I think if you look back through history, you'd find guys like Lattek to be the exception, not the rule...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Guardiola Culo started from zero with Barcelona, so... if he began with Leganes, perhaps he would adapt tactics differently or park the bus even :D
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Isabella » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am

aterford wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Jupp,Hitzfeld,Lattek all started with 0 titles isn't it? Or they were awarded a Bundesliga medal as soon as they started coaching with the dfb-president saying you will be a "UCL winner in the future! Keep this as a gift!" :lol: :lol:

Hitzfeld won the league twice, the supercup twice, and the UCL before coming to manage Bayern......
Jupp was a star player before becoming a manager....took Gladbach to the UEFA cup semis and final...he even had the nickname "the champion without a title"....and managed nearly 350 matches before joining us.

No disrespect to Kovac, I really don't mean it personally and I have nothing against him - hoping he does really well...but his biggest accomplishment to date is getting Frankfurt to 7th... I don't really think there's much of a comparison. Lattek, maybe? But times were very different then...and even that was a very controversial appointment. Obviously it turned out okay, but I think if you look back through history, you'd find guys like Lattek to be the exception, not the rule...

Kovac biggest accomplishment to the date is bringing for two consecutive years Frankfurt (so not Bayern, not BVB, not Schalke, not Leverkusen) in the Pokal final
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:24 am

Isabella wrote:
aterford wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Jupp,Hitzfeld,Lattek all started with 0 titles isn't it? Or they were awarded a Bundesliga medal as soon as they started coaching with the dfb-president saying you will be a "UCL winner in the future! Keep this as a gift!"

Kovac biggest accomplishment to the date is bringing for two consecutive years Frankfurt (so not Bayern, not BVB, not Schalke, not Leverkusen) in the Pokal final
You're right and he could maybe win it too. Thing is he wasn't a Pokal finalist at the time he was announced as the next Bayern coach. He still needed to play the semifinal against Schalke.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:39 am

Hardrade wrote:Guardiola Culo started from zero with Barcelona, so... if he began with Leganes, perhaps he would adapt tactics differently or park the bus even :D

Great coaches are those who can adapt tactics depending on their opponents. These coaches are almost exterminated in football in the last 10 years while they were reality 15-20-25 years ago and lots of great coaches knew when it's time to attack and when it's time to defend. Today we only see 1-dimensional coaches who slave to their philosophies and football mentality, basically not giving anything different.
Hitzfeld was that kind of coach when he took our team in the late 90's. We knew to play balanced football, sometimes attacking and sometimes cautious, defending football. Even the definition of tactician changed in the last 10 years.

The point has always been that you can't play some serious football with a limited squad where there's an obvious lack of talent, especially the part about creativity, technique and dribbling skills, so you decide what's the best tactic and approach to get the best possible results. Kovač did that great with Eintracht. It would be the whole different story if he would have right now players like Kroos, Modrić, Thiago, Ribery at his prime, Alaba, Lahm...

MUTU wrote:You're right and he could maybe win it too. Thing is he wasn't a Pokal finalist at the time he was announced as the next Bayern coach. He still needed to play the semifinal against Schalke.

Well, early Schalke's announcement of Magath's next destination didn't prevent Wolfsburg in 2008/2009 from wining their first historic Bundesliga title as some people thought it would ruined the entire season performance and results and affect on the coach's judgement in the remaining 6-7 matchdays.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:45 am

MUTU wrote:
You're right and he could maybe win it too. Thing is he wasn't a Pokal finalist at the time he was announced as the next Bayern coach. He still needed to play the semifinal against Schalke.

Well it means we make a good choice based on our judgement and not entirely on results its an even better thing..

Also it shows how focused and meticulous Kovac is ..he was unfazed with all that was going on..still kept his players together and defeated 2nd lying Schalke convincingly.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Isabella wrote:
aterford wrote:

Not playing any of said teams, including Leipzig... Well yeah, he played Schalke, interestingly enough ref controversies are only an issue for some people when it suits them... ;)
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 pm

prasun77 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Well it means we make a good choice based on our judgement and not entirely on results its an even better thing..

Also it shows how focused and meticulous Kovac is ..he was unfazed with all that was going on..still kept his players together and defeated 2nd lying Schalke convincingly.

Dude, hyperbole is my thing, but you actually stole it, taking it to ridiculous new levels...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion