You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niklas Süle

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Niklas Süle

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 am

But I didn't even see a single goal this season from his header. Did I miss it?
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby endrity » Wed May 02, 2018 8:56 am

He's scored 3 goals in all this season, all from corners if I remember correctly.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 am

endrity wrote:Actually Hummels has been pretty good throughout his career at corner kicks. He still managed to get at the end of two separate corners. It's the others that should learn a bit more about how to fight for those balls, including Niklas.

Hummels is truly world class at getting his head to the ball during corners, possibly the greatest in the world. He also has quite good heading strength. However, if he also had world class heading accuracy, he'd easily be averaging over 1 goal per match.

I doubt there's any top 5 league player who heads balls off target as frequently as Hummels does.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 am

ramosis better at corners
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 am

Effenberg777 wrote:ramosis better at corners

Better at scoring them, but not better at getting his head to the ball.

Hummels 'wins' far more corners; Ramos scores far more corners.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Wed May 02, 2018 9:34 am

Sule is the typical CB-kid who needs to make some mistakes in the process to learn. He is a smart guy with good positioning and game reading(the most necessary attributes for a defender) and his short-passing looks perfect while he is training on long-passing as well eventually he'll reach the needed level in long-passing like Boateng did under Pep. He is a heavy guy but we can say that he is the most strong CB in the world physically, he puts a hand on the striker and you see the striker struggle to balance. For his physique is quick but he can't change direction at ease because of this.

I believe in him he was amazing when Boateng subbed off and he was amazing once again at Bernabeu. For me he has been good this year and he passed the tests. I hope that he'll continue to World Cup and become even better, experience at this age for a CB is gold.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rauntšik » Wed May 02, 2018 9:41 am

Süle getting some much needed CL experience was the highlight of yesterday's game.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed May 02, 2018 10:15 am

Sule for me is the best sign of this season, he gives me more confidence than Boateng. In bernabeu was very confidence in himself, consequently great performance.

Welcome to the world class player Sule!
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby endrity » Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 am

@Mutu, if Hummels was better at scoring the headers he wins, he'd be playing center forward instead of a CB :)

Sule, and Kimmich, have made huge strides this season. Niklas is a sure starter for me next season. And I think he should be the default starter in Russia as well.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 02, 2018 11:39 am

I have said this multiple times. Keep Hummels away from attacking corners because he defends them instead with his terrible accuracy. What we need is for Hummels to teach Sule how to position himself and attack corners because Hummels is the master of that. We just need a player who has both this attribute and the accuracy and that might be Sule.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 3:02 pm

Hummels on heading is like Ronaldo on free kicks.

Hummels 'wins' a ton of headers.
Ronaldo takes a ton of free kicks.
Both seem to be threatening, but the reality is....
Ronaldo generally puts his free kicks into Row Z, and...
Hummels generally puts his headers into Row Z, or the dirt in front of his feet, or somehow he sends a header on a corner wide for a throw in....

I don't think anybody denies that he's a big presence in the box and often wins the ball. But his accuracy is just abysmal. If anything we should just instruct him to head the ball across the face of goal and hope someone else gets to it, rather than him trying to put it on goal himself.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 02, 2018 3:54 pm

aterford wrote:Hummels on heading is like Ronaldo on free kicks.

Hummels 'wins' a ton of headers.
Ronaldo takes a ton of free kicks.
Both seem to be threatening, but the reality is....
Ronaldo generally puts his free kicks into Row Z, and...
Hummels generally puts his headers into Row Z, or the dirt in front of his feet, or somehow he sends a header on a corner wide for a throw in....

I don't think anybody denies that he's a big presence in the box and often wins the ball. But his accuracy is just abysmal. If anything we should just instruct him to head the ball across the face of goal and hope someone else gets to it, rather than him trying to put it on goal himself.
Haha. Totally agree with you as well on Ronaldo 's free kicks. He goes for power and then he scores 1 in 50. Mostly end up hitting the wall.
Miss Juninho's free kicks. Pure precision.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Wed May 02, 2018 9:35 pm

I always knew the kid was class. 8)
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 5:36 pm

BILD | A Record by Niklas Sule. He is the first defender in Bayern history who has scored 3 own goals for Bayern in one season!

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:13 pm

I thought Franz did too?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership