You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Götze

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Götze

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 am

They say class is permanent. Bring him in.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:54 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:They say class is permanent. Bring him in.

What class? :) I would agree with that statement in his case if he ever reached that.

Talent is given and permanent, but he has never reached the world-class level except he used to perform world-class in many games. :D

Götze was 22 years old when his career started to decline big time and at that period everyone expected him to reach Hazard, De Bruyne and Iniesta level. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 am

Part of me likes the thought of bringing him back on a cheap contract, but I also think he's past it for big teams. For example, if we look at his WhoScored rating last season, he would have been the worst player on our team...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 am

Roma were interested to get him for free but they backed off cause of his wages.
Serie A would have been ideal for him...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am

nm462272 wrote:Part of me likes the thought of bringing him back on a cheap contract, but I also think he's past it for big teams. For example, if we look at his WhoScored rating last season, he would have been the worst player on our team...

I don't even look at the stats, at least not that much. In any other case he would be BVB player now if he really had something relevant speaking in favor of him and staying there.

As you say, on a cheap contract nobody has anything against, but obviously the board doesn't want NEGATIVE publicity around the club and feed the media space with daily or weekly stupid stories about him. When you think that way, you know what's the negative side of being the absolute owner of German football. :?
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 am

nm462272 wrote:Part of me likes the thought of bringing him back on a cheap contract, but I also think he's past it for big teams. For example, if we look at his WhoScored rating last season, he would have been the worst player on our team...
Yeah but keep in mind we’ll bring him in as backup. We have no one to backup Muller and in midfield he probably won’t even be the first off the bench, but it’s good to have someone with our very thin squad.

He is surely not a worse transfer than Odriozola for the squad. I think he’s more or less at Perisic’s level. He was very good in 2018/19.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:17 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Seville and Valencia both interested in him
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Yeah but keep in mind we’ll bring him in as backup. We have no one to backup Muller and in midfield he probably won’t even be the first off the bench, but it’s good to have someone with our very thin squad.

He is surely not a worse transfer than Odriozola for the squad. I think he’s more or less at Perisic’s level. He was very good in 2018/19.

Yes, and I think the thing to remember is that he was basically froze out by Favre last season, but seemingly more for contract reasons rather than sporting ones...If you were to look at his 18/19 rating (I don't put a ton of stock on WS ratings, but just for fun) compared to Bayern 19/20 would be behind Lewy, Davies, Gnabry, Thiago, Muller, Kimmich, Coutinho, Pavard, Goretzka, and Coman - but *ahead of* Alaba, Sule, Boateng, Perisic, Neuer, Cuisance, Odriozola, Tolisso, Javi, Zirkzee, Lucas, etc.

So, probably just fine for where you would expect a backup to be, with room to improve I'd think.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:19 am

In just 5 years Götze played 63 matches and scored 17 goals for the Nationalmannschaft. :o

He had debuted and played just 1 match in 2010 and he played just 1 match in 2017. If he weren't sick, he would have played by now more than 100 matches for Germany.
His both club and international stats are way better than the impression you got when he played for Bayern in those 3 seasons and even those 2 seasons at BVB.
But those are just stats and you would expect even way bigger numbers of goals and assists from a Jahrhunderttalent such as him if he had his spot and role at Bayern and played regularly.

Damn, I want him back and I don't know why, but I just that we bring him back. =P~ I want to see him under Herr Flick's guidance what he can do because Favre didn't do what he did with Reus in M'gladbach.

And this time he won't wear that stupid number #19 that Davies is going to rebrand and convert into a great number after Jancker. :mrgreen:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby archymen » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:43 pm

How is Goetze doing with PSV?
archymen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Quite good I think. He's scoring goals.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Yeah, he is doing good, plays at RW/RM in 4-4-2 under Schmidt, scores goals and makes assists. So far so good.

Somehow Götze fits in PSV and looks good in PSV shirt, though.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby archymen » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Fénix wrote:Yeah, he is doing good, plays at RW/RM in 4-4-2 under Schmidt, scores goals and makes assists. So far so good.

Somehow Götze fits in PSV and looks good in PSV shirt, though.

Super happy to hear that =D>

I always liked the guy and felt incredibly sad for his unlucky illness. Would've been amazing if he had succeed with Bayern.

Hope he can keep this up and play at pro level for many years [-o<
archymen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion