You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 pm

aterford wrote:So, I think we have to ask.

When does Neuer's captaincy start coming into question?

Crisis in his first season as Bayern captain.
Crisis in his first major "cycle" (WC 2018) as Germany captain and showing little-to-no signs of improving any time soon.
Crisis in his second season as Bayern captain.

Players against the coach. Mutiny. Not obeying manager's instructions (Neuer just recently straight-up said players weren't following Kovac's instruction). Attitude problems from Robben, Ribery, Wagner, James, etc (I'm usually one to defend James in this situation, think his conduct has mostly been justified but think a 'stronger' captain would've likely stymied that a bit). Reports of players not training well, disobeying other "non-tactical" instruction from the manager. Etc, etc, etc. And on top of that - his form has just not been very good.

I'm not saying Neuer is to blame for all of these things - or necessarily that he is the cause of any of them. But certainly you have to ask if "Neuer the Captain" is really working. I still believe in "Neuer the Player" and think he will get back to top form (probably...hopefully) and I have no problems with "Neuer the Person" but I think that as a captain his leadership has been shown to be lacking time and time again, perhaps....

Well, i love Neuer as a player and person, but i don't think he is the right man for FC Hollywood. We need captain that wants more and more and who is never satisfied. A captain with good leadership abilities will lead his players during game play. Neuer can't do that from the back. Captain who ensures all members participate in the game. When fights occur he should be the one responsible to prevent the fight by holding his teammates (though some captains do actually start a fight).

I think this man is not afraid to tell the truth & has no problems to shout at someone when he is messing big time. Anyway, it's looking like he is always angry.

Kimmich: "I love to take responsibility."

Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:41 am

Kimmich has the right attitude and character but can you imagine the older players listening to the kid? Unfortunately none of the senior players act like leaders, none of them have the character that can take care of the group before themselves. Out of the "senior" players Neuer is the only one who acts responsibly. They're either selfish, can't be taken seriously, or have their heads up in the clouds. I leave it to you to figure out which players fit in which category ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:06 am

No wonders I cried when Lahm left....
I was against Neuer being a captain from day one (although the alternative I was supporting at the time wouldn't have worked either Hummels or Boa)

Lahm left a big void.... not to mention Basti.

Kimmich can and should be the Leader.

I remember young players who took the captain's armband early in their careers.

Totti @22 yo
Gerrard @ 23

We had Chivu at ajax and Rom nt
We have De Ligt
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:Kimmich has the right attitude and character but can you imagine the older players listening to the kid? Unfortunately none of the senior players act like leaders, none of them have the character that can take care of the group before themselves. Out of the "senior" players Neuer is the only one who acts responsibly. They're either selfish, can't be taken seriously, or have their heads up in the clouds. I leave it to you to figure out which players fit in which category ;)

And that's why so many of them must leave Bayern asap. Kimmich is our best choice for a captain and a player who should be used as a key figure around which we should build our future.

ramsej84 wrote:I remember young players who took the captain's armband early in their careers.

Totti @22 yo
Gerrard @ 23

We had Chivu at ajax and Rom nt
We have De Ligt

Fernando Torres? Do you remember his age at Atletico? :D He was barely 19 when he was named a captain of Atletico.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Fabregas was a captain at 21, Patrick Vieira was a 18 yo when he was Cannes' captain..Even Neymar at age of 22 was chosen for captain for the national team..
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:10 pm

It could work but you'd have to cut the senior players who don't buy in anymore.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm

pyrasur wrote:It could work but you'd have to cut the senior players who don't buy in anymore.

We basically need to cut almost everyone over 27 - Boateng,Martinez,Müller,Ribery,Robben,Rafinha,Wagner and Hummels & Lewandowski in 2,3 years.. :cry:
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Fénix wrote:Fernando Torres? Do you remember his age at Atletico? :D He was barely 19 when he was named a captain of Atletico.

At that time El Macho Badass Cholo Simeone was his teammate, El Nino was this guy's captsin as well :lol:

I like Kimmich as well, right attitude, huge potential and can infuence a game unlike Manuel. To me if your name isn't Oliver Kahn as a GK you're mostly a worthless captain on the pitch just because you're a veteran. Love Neuer but truth is to be told.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't know what's wrong with him. I hope he just needs time to regain most of his old form because nowadays it looks very easy to score past him.

In his good days, I felt safe in almost every situation except 1v1's. And he could save many of those too. It seemed that he was a super human bigger than any other GK or that the goal was smaller :lol:

But now I panic with every shot on goal just like with Ulreich or Butt :|
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know what's wrong with him. I hope he just needs time to regain most of his old form because nowadays it looks very easy to score past him.

In his good days, I felt safe in almost every situation except 1v1's. And he could save many of those too. It seemed that he was a super human bigger than any other GK or that the goal was smaller :lol:

This is how I feel too. It's like he's only at 20% of the quality/form he had when he was injured trying to save a shot from Ronaldo who was offside. He hasn't had a really superhuman match since 12th April 2017, the first and last time I watched a match at the Allianz Arena :cry:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know what's wrong with him. I hope he just needs time to regain most of his old form because nowadays it looks very easy to score past him.

This says it well for me. I do hope it's just that it's remnants of a long layoff and he will eventually get back, but with each match I become a little less convinced.
AFAIK by the numbers he has been either the worst or second-worst keeper in the league this season. I hear many blame it on defending, but that's far too much to just be explained by defending. Plenty of teams with MUCH worse defenses and worse (on paper) keepers are still managing to keep out more than Neuer right now. Honestly, it makes me wonder how healthy he has really been this season and if he shouldn't have been rested even longer. I don't know.
As you said - used to feel next to invincible with Neuer in goal. You expected everything would be saved and were surprised when it wasnt. Nowadays, it's almost the opposite, unfortunately. And if I'm being brutally honest: I think Ulreich last season was much better than Neuer is right now (Save for his terrible Madrid gaffe, lol, but Neuer has made plenty of mistakes - obviously not as high profile - this season, too)
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

MUTU wrote:

This is how I feel too. It's like he's only at 20% of the quality/form he had when he was injured trying to save a shot from Ronaldo who was offside. He hasn't had a really superhuman match since 12th April 2017, the first and last time I watched a match at the Allianz Arena :cry:

WRONG!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Yesterday is a good example. I wouldn't say he is to blame for any of the goals, but a peak Neuer (2012 - 2017) would have not conceded 3 last night.

His movements are erratic and his positioning seems to be so off :?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Maybe yes... But MUTU is wrong
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext