You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 am

In my opinion, Germany not playing Neuer would be similar to Argentina not playing Messi and Portugal not playing Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a standout, undisputed star.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:29 am

MUTU wrote:In my opinion, Germany not playing Neuer would be similar to Argentina not playing Messi and Portugal not playing Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a standout, undisputed star.

And that’s why they got knocked out in the first round itself, something that never happened to the Mannschaft :coffee:

This “star” and “big name” culture was never a German thing because the focus was always on the team coming first. Once they went against the grain and the results are there to see for all!
Last edited by America USA on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 am

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:In my opinion, Germany not playing Neuer would be similar to Argentina not playing Messi and Portugal not playing Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a standout, undisputed star.

And that’s why they got knocked out in the first round itself :coffee:

This “star” and “big name” culture was never a German thing because the focus was always on the team coming first. Once they went against the grain and the results are there to see for all!
And had Neuer been replaced by De Gea and his 9 percent shot saving ratio, Germany would have conceded 13 to 14 goals.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:In my opinion, Germany not playing Neuer would be similar to Argentina not playing Messi and Portugal not playing Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a standout, undisputed star.

And that’s why they got knocked out in the first round itself :coffee:

This “star” and “big name” culture was never a German thing because the focus was always on the team coming first. Once they went against the grain and the results are there to see for all!
And had Neuer been replaced by De Gea and his 9 percent shot saving ratio, Germany would have conceded 13 to 14 goals.

Whataboutism at play again. Classic diversionary tactic. What does the Spanish goalkeeper have to do with any of this?

Fact remains that Germany were never suckers for big names and always picked guys (even lesser players) to make the team stronger. This time though that entire philosophy was thrown out of the window and Deutschland went full England and lo and behold here we have it! Worst ever performance in a World Cup in decades!
Last edited by America USA on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am

No they didn't always do that. Case in point an injured Lahm in 2002. Or Klose last World Cup (who wasnt in great form), or Podolski since almost always.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:57 am

We keep going round in circles. In conclusion I retain my opinion that Loew made plenty of mistakes in the World Cup, but playing Neuer was the best decision he made, followed by not subbing off Kroos in injury time against Sweden.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:04 pm

MUTU wrote:No they didn't always do that. Case in point an injured Lahm in 2002. Or Klose last World Cup (who wasnt in great form), or Podolski since almost always.

Podolski, later on, was for locker room togetherness basically. Lahm wasn’t in the 2002 team? Anyway I guess you’re referring to the 2006 WC. Lahm had an arm injury and even before that he wasn’t coming off three career threatening fractures in the same foot.

Klose is an example that weakens your point. He mainly illustrates what Germany were about. Klose was never revered as a world conquering striker but he was a player who fit the system and made the sum greater than its parts.

Choosing lesser players if it meant a stronger team was the German formula. Choosing stars on reputation and names was the English mantra.

And we have solid evidence for which of those two approaches always seemed to work! In fact we still do because now England are imitating the German formula and are doing alright but Germany adopted the English way and suffered a very embarrassing typically English result!

Finally, in conclusion I don’t put the blame on Neuer for Germany’s untimely elimination. He was alright. Not his former self but not bad either. I entirely blame Löw for these were all his decisions! We’ll never know if Ter Stegen would’ve been better because Löw never gave him the chance! And finally the biggest impact of the Neuer situation was felt on the team because it sent a clear message to the Ozils, Draxlers, Mullers, Boatengs and Khediras that irrespective of how they played, they would start solely on reputation and on the other hand it sent the totally opposite message to the hungry in form players that no matter what they did they would not start over the manager’s favorites!
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:17 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Neuer pleased about Löw staying

Bayern captain Manuel Neuer welcomed the news that Jogi Löw is to stay on as Germany coach. “I’m pleased that we can continue on our journey with Jogi Löw which has been successful for such a long time, and I’m confident we can regain our strength together,” commented the 32 year-old. Following Germany’s first ever exit at the World Cup group stage in Russia, there was speculation that Löw could step down but on Tuesday afternoon, the 58 year-old confirmed he’ll be continuing in his post.


I’m sure Neuer is happy with this development :roll:

Meanwhile Ozil and Draxler have been guaranteed lifetime contracts by Löw, oh sorry I meant the DFB!
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 pm

America USA wrote:I’m sure Neuer is happy with this development :roll:

What a pathetic argument.

Neuer is the best German goalkeeper, and will likely remain so even when he's in his early 40s (probably even for a few years after his retirement :P ). Only a coach determined in sabotaging Germany would consider not playing Neuer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:I’m sure Neuer is happy with this development :roll:

What a pathetic argument.

Neuer is the best German goalkeeper, and will likely remain so even when he's in his early 40s (probably even for a few years after his retirement :P ). Only a coach determined in sabotaging Germany would consider not playing Neuer.

even if for the past 11 months the only balls that he was able to grab were his (balls) and his wife's breasts?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40538
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28339 times
Been thanked: 5941 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Has this suddenly turned into a Ter Stegen fanclub or something? Because other than Ter Stegen fanboys (old and new), and maybe a couple of Dortmund fans who hate every Bayern player by default, I haven't seen many people complaining about the choice to play Neuer.

You don't need to be a clairvoyant btw to figure out who the pathetic moles were that ran to the FAZ whining over Neuer's "special status" and "arrogant and aloof established players" (don't have to be a clairvoyant to figure out who was meant by that, either; clearly that was directed at Hummels). I wonder does Ter Stegen complain about Messi's special status at Barca, too?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 1280 times
Gender: Female

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:I’m sure Neuer is happy with this development :roll:

What a pathetic argument.

Neuer is the best German goalkeeper, and will likely remain so even when he's in his early 40s (probably even for a few years after his retirement :P ). Only a coach determined in sabotaging Germany would consider not playing Neuer.

even if for the past 11 months the only balls that he was able to grab were his (balls) and his wife's breasts?

Even if he retired 3 years ago, I'd still trust him over Ter Stegen if he was allowed to train for two weeks.

I'm just going to leave this here...



And this...

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Lahmies » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:00 pm

There’s a lot of fair criticism to be made about Jogi in the WC but playing Neuer is not one of them. Ter Stegen’s performances were good but not superior to Neuer’s, people are hyping him up like he could do soooo much better than Neuer and it’s simply not true.
User avatar
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Lahmies wrote:There’s a lot of fair criticism to be made about Jogi in the WC but playing Neuer is not one of them. Ter Stegen’s performances were good but not superior to Neuer’s, people are hyping him up like he could do soooo much better than Neuer and it’s simply not true.

Ter Stegen can't even break his bones as well as Neuer can :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41916
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7581 times
Been thanked: 11722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:40 am

RedQueen wrote:Has this suddenly turned into a Ter Stegen fanclub or something?

I can’t say for everyone else but I’m no Ter Stegen “fan” Only thing I am a fan of is meritocracy! Merit demanded that an in-form player who had a very good season at a Top club in possibly the best league in Europe start over a player (although great) who hadn’t started training with the ball until a few days (weeks?) before the competition!

Once again I don’t blame Manuel for Germany’s catastrophe because he wasn’t bad but he certainly wasn’t his majestic self either! My argument is still about the negative message it sent to the entire roster, that the favorites could get away with anything while the rest were doomed regardless of how well they did or how hard they tried!

Neuer is my second favorite current Bayern player (first being Thomas and third being Hummels) and when in form he’s the best goalkeeper. However, I refuse to believe that he was at his best in this competition after such a long layoff.

RedQueen wrote:I haven't seen many people complaining about the choice to play Neuer.

You need to go outside the online safe spaces and echo chambers and visit other football forums.
Redcafe, Big Soccer, ESPN and plenty of other football forums and websites have raised doubts over the whole Neuer (senior favoritism) situation. The few soccer junkies I know IRL too talked about this whole Goalkeeper thing with me after the defeat against South Korea.

RedQueen wrote:I wonder does Ter Stegen complain about Messi's special status at Barca, too?

What kind of preposterous argument is that?! FFS Messi and Ter Stegen don’t even play in the same position #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 5 guests

cron