You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 pm

MUTU wrote:Can you point out what you believe Ter Stegen would have done better than Neuer? Maybe only conceding one against SK? I still believe Germany would have last all three matches if Neuer didn't play.

I can't understand this Neuer criticism at all.
The team atmosphere...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40593
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28367 times
Been thanked: 5948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:05 am

I’m not criticizing Neuer. He’s the best when in form and I am positive that if he plays a full season with Bayern he will be back to being his previous self.

It’s his manner of selection purely on reputation and the message it sent to the other seniors that pisses me off. And also the message it sent to youngsters like Ter Stegen, etc.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 am

What message was sent to the players when Lahm had to have his arm (in a cast) checked before each game and referees had to give permission for him to be able to play?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41977
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7590 times
Been thanked: 11744 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm

You can come up with all the whataboutism you want to but the fact is this:

Neuer suffered a career threatening injury on his foot and played only 3(?) matches in the entire season and had not played a single competitive game in months going into the biggest competition in the World. Neuer is a human and no way was he the same player after such a lengthy setback!

Ter Stegen meanwhile, according to all the pundits and fans of all teams, has improved tremendously and developed into a very good goalkeeper at a top class club. Ter Stegen was first choice in the bulk of qualifying games and the Confederations Cup where he had many good games. Also, it should be remembered that Ter Stegen was fantastic in that 1-1 Draw against Spain.

So it ignore an in form youngster sent the wrong message to many up and coming players that no matter how good they played they were doomed under a coach who was blindly loyal to his favorites.

Meanwhile the selection of Neuer on past reputation and Löw’s faith alone sent an even worst message to senior like Khedira, Muller, Ozil, Kroos, etc. that they could play anyway they wanted to but still retain their place in the starting eleven and never worry about missing out.

In no way do I hold Neuer responsibile for the elimination but the entire way of his selection did on reflect well on the Mannschaft’s team above superstar ideology and after this debacle everyone (please visit other websites on the web) looks at the whole Neuer situation as one of the many reasons of why this disaster happened.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 891 times

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:02 pm

America USA wrote:You can come up with all the whataboutism you want to but the fact is this:

Neuer suffered a career threatening injury on his foot and played only 3(?) matches in the entire season and had not played a single competitive game in months going into the biggest competition in the World. Neuer is a human and no way was he the same player after such a lengthy setback!

Ter Stegen meanwhile, according to all the pundits and fans of all teams, has improved tremendously and developed into a very good goalkeeper at a top class club. Ter Stegen was first choice in the bulk of qualifying games and the Confederations Cup where he had many good games. Also, it should be remembered that Ter Stegen was fantastic in that 1-1 Draw against Spain.

So it ignore an in form youngster sent the wrong message to many up and coming players that no matter how good they played they were doomed under a coach who was blindly loyal to his favorites.

Meanwhile the selection of Neuer on past reputation and Löw’s faith alone sent an even worst message to senior like Khedira, Muller, Ozil, Kroos, etc. that they could play anyway they wanted to but still retain their place in the starting eleven and never worry about missing out.

In no way do I hold Neuer responsibile for the elimination but the entire way of his selection did on reflect well on the Mannschaft’s team above superstar ideology and after this debacle everyone (please visit other websites on the web) looks at the whole Neuer situation as one of the many reasons of why this disaster happened.
I was against Neuer being #1 since the day that Loew said that if he is fit he wil be selected with the squad...
It was April or March

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40593
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28367 times
Been thanked: 5948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby gumboduncan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Don't forget that Neuer is the captain of the team. It's not like he's just another star player. And a coach trusts certain players more then other. Neuer is the first name on the team sheet for Löw since he became a starter for Germany. When fit and healthy, he plays. To me he was very fit and very healthy. I have no problem with Löw's selection in regards to Neuer. I have problems with some of the other names he selected like Khedira (past his prime) and Özil(because of the whole Erdogan fiasco).
In Kalle I trust
User avatar
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Iceland
National Flag:
Iceland
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 392 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Don't forget that Neuer is the captain of the team. It's not like he's just another star player. And a coach trusts certain players more then other. Neuer is the first name on the team sheet for Löw since he became a starter for Germany. When fit and healthy, he plays. To me he was very fit and very healthy. I have no problem with Löw's selection in regards to Neuer. I have problems with some of the other names he selected like Khedira (past his prime) and Özil(because of the whole Erdogan fiasco).
I would not have added ozil even if was photographed French kissing Merkel...

He is finished since he left for Arsenal

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40593
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28367 times
Been thanked: 5948 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Can we stop the Erdogan shit? Özil didn't belong because he is shit, not because of a stupid picture...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 4322 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:10 am

#12 wrote:Can we stop the Erdogan shit? Özil didn't belong because he is shit, not because of a stupid picture...


I'm not a Mesut Özil fan and I've been, but calling him a shit player is pretty stupid. He's been the chosen the Player of the Year in Germany 5 of the last 7 seasons. After all he has played well for the national team for several years.

The Erdogan picture shows a lack of judgement from him and Gundogan. I at least lost a lot of respect for both of them because of it.
In Kalle I trust
User avatar
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Iceland
National Flag:
Iceland
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 392 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 am

gumboduncan wrote:
#12 wrote:Can we stop the Erdogan shit? Özil didn't belong because he is shit, not because of a stupid picture...


I'm not a Mesut Özil fan and I've been, but calling him a shit player is pretty stupid. He's been the chosen the Player of the Year in Germany 5 of the last 7 seasons. After all he has played well for the national team for several years.

The Erdogan picture shows a lack of judgement from him and Gundogan. I at least lost a lot of respect for both of them because of it.


Erm? That would be news to me... He was never player of the year??

He is not shot in general but he has been for years... I think his last really good game at a big tournament must’ve been in 2010...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 4322 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:51 am

Sorry, I forgot to write that he has been named player of the year 5 out of the last 7 years with the German national team. Kimmich was selected player of the year for the year 2017. So I guess he's played plenty of good games since 2010.
In Kalle I trust
User avatar
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Iceland
National Flag:
Iceland
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 392 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Really not trying to shit on him... Never struck me as a quality player... I'd take Reus over him any day...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 4322 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Neuer played a decent world cup, but he was far from his Superhero Mode. I hope he can recover and be back to his old self.
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11601
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3188 times
Been thanked: 3361 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:34 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
America USA wrote:I just rewatched this humiliating defeat and WTF was Neuer doing? He’s a goalkeeper and not a midfielder or forward! In these situations someone has to stay back it should’ve been the goal keeper (Neuer) and a CB (Sule).

I know he’s supposed to act as a sweeper but that’s supposed to be done in your own half #-o


Yes, he was taking the piss as I said in the match thread. He was not accomplishing anything by being up there. Very disappointed in his actions.

I only just read this. You may remember me praising him after the Mexico game but after the Korea game I wondered if he's just showing off, even in the Mexico game. Neuer made a name for himself doing this sort of thing 4 years ago (maybe even 6 years ago, vs Italy). How often has he pulled it off with Bayern? Very rarely... but the moment the world was watching again, he did so again.

That said, Ter Stegen was NOT a better choice.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36447
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11439 times
Been thanked: 9121 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

America USA wrote:I’m not criticizing Neuer. He’s the best when in form and I am positive that if he plays a full season with Bayern he will be back to being his previous self.

It’s his manner of selection purely on reputation and the message it sent to the other seniors that pisses me off. And also the message it sent to youngsters like Ter Stegen, etc.

I disagree. Players should not be selected ONLY on reputation, but reputation plays an important part. Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that.

Take Ozil. He's been bad for ages. There was no reason to pick him, and his performances did not justify the coach's decision.

On the other hand, Neuer was never bad, he just wasn't playing. We all knew he's the best in the world before his injury. The question was always whether he'd get back to that level. The coach saw him in training, and decided he was indeed at that level. The 3 WC games did not prove him wrong.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36447
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11439 times
Been thanked: 9121 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 4 guests