You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Fri May 25, 2018 1:52 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Thomas Müller is already captain Manuel Neuer’s deputy at FC Bayern, but Germany coach Joachim Löw has stated that the 2010 Golden Boot winner will also fulfil the role at the summer’s World Cup should Neuer not be fit to play. “Thomas can do an amazing stand-in job because he’s a player with a good relationship to everyone in the team,” Löw said in a newspaper interview. “Even in the most serious of moments, he never forgets to have fun.” When asked of Neuer’s current fitness, which has been cast into doubt by the broken foot that has seen him out since September, the Germany coach responded: “I’m optimistic and am assuming Manuel Neuer will make it.”

#-o ](*,) :evil:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:01 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Let's all go join him :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Ok, see you in Venice
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 am

I just rewatched this humiliating defeat and WTF was Neuer doing? He’s a goalkeeper and not a midfielder or forward! In these situations someone has to stay back it should’ve been the goal keeper (Neuer) and a CB (Sule).

I know he’s supposed to act as a sweeper but that’s supposed to be done in your own half #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:53 am

America USA wrote:I just rewatched this humiliating defeat and WTF was Neuer doing? He’s a goalkeeper and not a midfielder or forward! In these situations someone has to stay back it should’ve been the goal keeper (Neuer) and a CB (Sule).

I know he’s supposed to act as a sweeper but that’s supposed to be done in your own half #-o

Yes, he was taking the piss as I said in the match thread. He was not accomplishing anything by being up there. Very disappointed in his actions.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

He should have stayed in Germany. This Korea embarrassment, and World Cup overall, only made things much worse for him.

If only ter Stegen played instead of him in all 3 matches...
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Fénix wrote:He should have stayed in Germany. This Korea embarrassment, and World Cup overall, only made things much worse for him.

I probably never disagreed with an opinion post as much as this on this forum.

He made some spectacular saves, especially against Sweden, which consolidated his place as the #1 goalkeeper in the world. Had he not played, the opinion about him would be "who knows if he'll ever be back to a top level?"

Now the world saw that he did get back to a top level.

Regarding the last goal conceded, I'm happy it happened. Of course, it'd have been better if Neuer had scored 2 goals instead :lol: However, conceding a goal because he was the only one on the pitch with balls is preferable to him having stayed behind. It also shows he's confident about his body again. He's a hero, by far the best goalkeeper the world has ever seen.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:He should have stayed in Germany. This Korea embarrassment, and World Cup overall, only made things much worse for him.

I probably never disagreed with an opinion post as much as this on this forum.

He made some spectacular saves, especially against Sweden, which consolidated his place as the #1 goalkeeper in the world. Had he not played, the opinion about him would be "who knows if he'll ever be back to a top level?"

Now the world saw that he did get back to a top level.

Regarding the last goal conceded, I'm happy it happened. Of course, it'd have been better if Neuer had scored 2 goals instead :lol: However, conceding a goal because he was the only one on the pitch with balls is preferable to him having stayed behind. It also shows he's confident about his body again. He's a hero, by far the best goalkeeper the world has ever seen.

Once again reputationi worship :coffee:

The deference to big names players is what cost Germany. Neuer had not played a competitive game in ages before the Mexico disaster and merit demanded that Ter Stegen play.

If Neuer plays more games this season with Bayern and finds his groove then he must absolutely start but in this World Cup favoring Neuer over a hardworking and in form player like Ter Stegen sent the wrong message in the squad that certain players were almost guaranteed a spot regardless of how poor or out of form or injured (Ozil as well) they were!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:29 pm

It was a big mistake...
By putting him as #1 Loew told the rest of the team that no matter what they do and show they won't play cause there are the senators who are guaranteed a starting spot

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:It was a big mistake...
By putting him as #1 Loew told the rest of the team that no matter what they do and show they won't play cause there are the senators who are guaranteed a starting spot

Exactly. This time the senators cost him a catastrophe and his decisions such as Neuer no. 1 with 3 games in the 17/18 season instead of healthy ter Stegen, Sané who performed very good at City and who couldn't be placed as a bench player because his contribution/stats hasn't been great, Gomez instead of Wagner, useless Müller who actually play the role of Lukas Podolski, etc.

Now Germans can demand his head as much as they want to because of all these decisions and vision that didn't make any sense that eventually produced the worst result ever.

All I said is that I feel bad for Neuer because it's not his fault. He played 3 matches for Bayern and 2 friendlies and that's it. In this disaster, whether someone likes it or not, he also have to take a part of blame, if nothing else, for Löw's decision to name him no. 1.

Lehmann wasn't nearly close to be as good GK as Oliver Kahn, but nobody created a tragedy of Kahn's no. 2 status in 2006, not even Titan. Neuer wouldn't do that, either, even in a scenario where Löw would left him out of the World Cup squad.

The future is in front of Neuer at Bayern, no doubt in that.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:46 pm

America USA wrote:Neuer had not played a competitive game in ages before the Mexico disaster and merit demanded that Ter Stegen play.

No, it doesn't. Neymar was also injured, but recovered in time for the World Cup. Brazil didn't bench their best player in order to play the in-form Douglas Costa, did they?

Neuer proved that, despite being out for months, he's still way better than an in-form Ter Stegen.

If Ter Stegen played against Sweden, Germany would have lost also against Sweden.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Neuer had not played a competitive game in ages before the Mexico disaster and merit demanded that Ter Stegen play.

No, it doesn't. Neymar was also injured, but recovered in time for the World Cup. Brazil didn't bench their best player in order to play the in-form Douglas Costa, did they?

Neuer proved that, despite being out for months, he's still way better than an in-form Ter Stegen.

If Ter Stegen played against Sweden, Germany would have lost also against Sweden.

Apples to oranges

Those teams; Brazil (w/Neymar), Argentina (w/Messi), Uruguay (w/Suarez), England (w/Kane), Poland (w/Lewandowski), France (w/Griezmann), etc. rely upon a Star player for charisma and inspiration.

Germany have always been about the team being better than the sum of its parts and team spirit and togetherness.

Neuer’s selection on reputation alone sent a negative message to the roster that the big names had Löw’s backing and could get away with anything whereas the hard working in form youngsters were doomed regardless.

Löw took three recently injured players (Boateng and Ozil being the other two) because he “had a good relationship” with them. He dumped an inform Wagner for another favorite Gomez whom he hardly used and was ineffective anyway (as was demonstrated in the Brazil friendly)

Löw’s favoritism to stick with his “experienced” guys is a big reason for what has happened now!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Can you point out what you believe Ter Stegen would have done better than Neuer? Maybe only conceding one against SK? I still believe Germany would have last all three matches if Neuer didn't play.

I can't understand this Neuer criticism at all.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm

I can understand the criticism from a "sending a message" perspective, I suppose, but I don't think it's an entirely correct way of viewing things.
We can guess that MAYBE other senior players saw Neuer get the starting spot and felt they would be guaranteed their spot too, but it's speculative at best, no real substance to it. And IMO...seeing younger players like Werner start over Löw's trusted veteran favorites like Gomez makes it hard for me to believe that's what actually happened here.

On the other hand: Germany are not out on account of Neuer. Far from it. You'd be hard-pressed to put him chiefly to blame for any of the goals Germany conceded. If ter Stegen starts all three matches, none of the results change. MAYBE South Korea only scores one, but that doesn't really matter, does it? When they go up 1-0 (which was not Neuer's fault whatsoever), Germany HAS to score 2. Neuer presses up to help in the attack and concedes, true...but Neuer pressing up and allowing South Korea to make it 2-0 is really not worse than a different keeper staying home and keeping it at 1-0. Both results send you home.

No, you should not pick players based on favoritism, you should not pick players based on who you like more, who you trust more...but at the same time, you don't play *worse* players just to avoid this. Löw could've started ter Stegen over Neuer to not show favoritism, but that's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

In whatever case, each player selection should be evaluated on its own merits, on a case-by-case basis.
For example, we can say that Löw started Khedira due to trusting him more and him being one of his favorites. And we can say that was the wrong decision (we saw Rudy as an immediate improvement vs Sweden over Khedira).
On the other hand, we can *also* say that Löw started Neuer due to favoritism and trust. Maybe that's true. But bad reasoning does not a bad decision make. You can make a good decision for the wrong reasons. Perhaps that's what happened here.

On the whole, I think it's a MASSIVE stretch to suggest that other veterans would've played better or felt they needed to work harder or whatever if Löw had "sent the right message" by starting MatS instead of Neuer. I just don't think there's really any evidence to suggest that's the case.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion