You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby prasun77 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Anybody fancy selling him?
If we receive 70 million?
If we get courtois or oblak or donnarumma?
or only if he wants to try something else?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 pm

prasun77 wrote:Anybody fancy selling him?
We have Ulreich

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm assuming he'll get back to his best so no.

Wouldn't mind Donnarumma considering he is so much younger but I believe having pretty much the entire German NT defence (except for LB) helps a lot.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm

I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical....Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Prasun was poking fun of the fact that guys in the Lewy thread were saying "it's fine if we sell him if we buy _____"

Neuer and Lewy both similarly irreplaceable right now for me
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I'm assuming he'll get back to his best so no.

Wouldn't mind Donnarumma considering he is so much younger but I believe having pretty much the entire German NT defence (except for LB) helps a lot.

Donnarumma is an idiot. How can such a spoiled and stupid boy play for Bayern on such an important position as GK?

He reminds me of Neymar.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:00 pm

aterford wrote:I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical....Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Prasun was poking fun of the fact that guys in the Lewy thread were saying "it's fine if we sell him if we buy _____"

Except that I consider Neuer the GOAT in his playing position while Lewandowski is, with a hefty price, replaceable.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical....Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Prasun was poking fun of the fact that guys in the Lewy thread were saying "it's fine if we sell him if we buy _____"

Except that I consider Neuer the GOAT in his playing position while Lewandowski is, with a hefty price, replaceable.

I'd like to agree, but I'm not sure how true that is anymore. Perhaps it is due to lack of a quality backup? But at the moment: if I had to choose between playing an important match with Ulreich in at GK or Wagner/Müller at striker.... Give me Lewandowski at striker and Ulreich at GK.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I'd like to agree, but I'm not sure how true that is anymore. Perhaps it is due to lack of a quality backup? But at the moment: if I had to choose between playing an important match with Ulreich in at GK or Wagner/Müller at striker.... Give me Lewandowski at striker and Ulreich at GK.

But we're talking about replacements.

I'd rather play an important match with Neuer as GK and Suarez as striker than De Gea as GK and Lewandowski as striker. I consider Suarez as equal to or a small upgrade to Lewandowski, and I consider De Gea as a downgrade from Neuer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:52 pm

MUTU wrote:But we're talking about replacements.

I'd rather play an important match with Neuer as GK and Suarez as striker than De Gea as GK and Lewandowski as striker. I consider Suarez as equal to or a small upgrade to Lewandowski, and I consider De Gea as a downgrade from Neuer.

I think for the most part - As Lewy goes, so goes Bayern. I love Neuer but over the past few seasons I think it's become terribly clear that Lewandowski is far and away our best player.
We can talk in actualities rather than hypotheticals.
Under Heynckes, we have coped just fine with Ulreich as replacement - who's a FAR cry away from De Gea. But when Lewandowski plays poorly - we always struggle. This season has made it quite clear that we can perform just fine with a "replacement level" GK....we cannot say the same of center forwards.
Bayern with "replacement level" keeper and Lewandowski is stronger than Bayern with Neuer and "replacement level" CF.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby prasun77 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:01 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:But we're talking about replacements.

I think for the most part - As Lewy goes, so goes Bayern. I love Neuer but over the past few seasons I think it's become terribly clear that Lewandowski is far and away our best player.
We can talk in actualities rather than hypotheticals.
Under Heynckes, we have coped just fine with Ulreich as replacement - who's a FAR cry away from De Gea. But when Lewandowski plays poorly - we always struggle. This season has made it quite clear that we can perform just fine with a "replacement level" GK....we cannot say the same of center forwards.
Bayern with "replacement level" keeper and Lewandowski is stronger than Bayern with Neuer and "replacement level" CF.

Excellent bro..exactly! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Also..please..Suarez better than lewandowski?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm

^ Suarez is on par with Lewandowski. Higuain, Kane and Aguero make the rest of the top five best CFs for me.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:15 pm

America USA wrote:^ Suarez is on par with Lewandowski. Higuain, Kane and Aguero make the rest of the top five best CFs for me.

Perhaps in the past. Suarez isn't even close right now. Higuain even farther away...not even in the same conversation as the rest of that bunch.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

aterford wrote:
America USA wrote:^ Suarez is on par with Lewandowski. Higuain, Kane and Aguero make the rest of the top five best CFs for me.

Perhaps in the past. Suarez isn't even close right now. Higuain even farther away...not even in the same conversation as the rest of that bunch.

Tbh, Robert hasn’t been exactly on fire recently and in the past few games Suarez has been scoring for Barca. Higuain has been below par because Juventus have not been as good as they were last season, but still Higuain has scored vital goals for Juventus this season.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:48 pm

America USA wrote:
aterford wrote:

Tbh, Robert hasn’t been exactly on fire recently and in the past few games Suarez has been scoring for Barca. Higuain has been below par because Juventus have not been as good as they were last season, but still Higuain has scored vital goals for Juventus this season.

Check the numbers, my dude. It's not close. Lewy is a class above Suarez and they're both two classes above Higuain.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion