You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Postby tracylynn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:33 am

I'm with you, FanofBayern. At that time, I wanted Poldi to win the award because I was irritated with C. Ronaldo's antics. But, looking back on it now I think it was clear that Ronaldo was the better 21 and under player.

I also agree with FCB 4Eva on that Poldi knew it would be difficult at Bayern. Bayern is a big time club with a lot of pressure, more pressure than the German NT (I think). I wonder if winning that award and everyone making such a fuss over him that he ended up getting a big head and didn't think that he really needed to work for his place at the team? I wonder if he felt that Bayern would adjust to him and not the other way around. Unfortunately, if that was his attitude than that attitude bit him in the a**. Now, he has to work even harder to prove his worth.

I remember last year I used to defend him for his lackluster play. I said I do believe some of the fault was with Magath, and I still believe that, but I think the other problem was himself. I was hoping Klose would've knocked some sense in him but recently Klose made a comment directed towards him and Bastian so I don't know what is going on there.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:23 am

tracylynn wrote:I'm with you, FanofBayern. At that time, I wanted Poldi to win the award because I was irritated with C. Ronaldo's antics. But, looking back on it now I think it was clear that Ronaldo was the better 21 and under player.

I also agree with FCB 4Eva on that Poldi knew it would be difficult at Bayern. Bayern is a big time club with a lot of pressure, more pressure than the German NT (I think). I wonder if winning that award and everyone making such a fuss over him that he ended up getting a big head and didn't think that he really needed to work for his place at the team? I wonder if he felt that Bayern would adjust to him and not the other way around. Unfortunately, if that was his attitude than that attitude bit him in the a**. Now, he has to work even harder to prove his worth.

I remember last year I used to defend him for his lackluster play. I said I do believe some of the fault was with Magath, and I still believe that, but I think the other problem was himself. I was hoping Klose would've knocked some sense in him but recently Klose made a comment directed towards him and Bastian so I don't know what is going on there.


Explain why christiano was the best young player in the worldcup? because his satistics in the world cup dont back it up??
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 pm

First of all, this thread is about Poldi not C. Ronaldo. Secondly, there's more to the game than statistics. If you just look at statisitcs then you might as well not even look at the rest of the team. If it was gone by statistics then the award should be called the Golden Boot for the 21 and Under Award, but that award is not supposed to be based on just goals. It's supposed to be based on everything. Poldi might have gotten more scores due to Klose, but Rondalo has the footwork, the speed, Heck, you can include Messi in that also. Unfortunately for Messi, he got screwd by his coach. LOL!!

The interesting thing is look at these players' success since the WC. Ronaldo and even Messi have been very successful at their teams. Poldi on the other hand has not. Granted, he got benched by Magath but when he was finally given an opportunity to start under Hitzfeld last season he still didn't do much. Perhaps that "award" was a curse?

Anyway, I am done talking about this because we simply disagree and I do not plan on changing my perspective on this.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:59 pm

tracylynn wrote:First of all, this thread is about Poldi not C. Ronaldo. Secondly, there's more to the game than statistics. If you just look at statisitcs then you might as well not even look at the rest of the team. If it was gone by statistics then the award should be called the Golden Boot for the 21 and Under Award, but that award is not supposed to be based on just goals. It's supposed to be based on everything. Poldi might have gotten more scores due to Klose, but Rondalo has the footwork, the speed, Heck, you can include Messi in that also. Unfortunately for Messi, he got screwd by his coach. LOL!!

The interesting thing is look at these players' success since the WC. Ronaldo and even Messi have been very successful at their teams. Poldi on the other hand has not. Granted, he got benched by Magath but when he was finally given an opportunity to start under Hitzfeld last season he still didn't do much. Perhaps that "award" was a curse?

Anyway, I am done talking about this because we simply disagree and I do not plan on changing my perspective on this.


ahahahha good call

trust me if you ask me whos the best player in the world right now i would say either Kaka or C Ronaldo but as far as who was the best young player in the world cup, i would not disagree with fifa and would say podi earned the award
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:45 am

It's being reported in The Bild that Poldi is now number 4 on the list. He ranks behind Jan Schlaudraff. Hitzfeld said that Schlaudraff is in better condition compare to Poldi. What is going on with Lukas? If this is true and he is now 4th on the order than he really has to work his behind off to even get into the starting position. Then again, maybe he just figure he can wait it out until Klinsi's arrival. Whatever the reason, he's creating more doubts about his ability.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Jorge » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:09 am

tracylynn wrote:It's being reported in The Bild that Poldi is now number 4 on the list. He ranks behind Jan Schlaudraff. Hitzfeld said that Schlaudraff is in better condition compare to Poldi. What is going on with Lukas? If this is true and he is now 4th on the order than he really has to work his behind off to even get into the starting position. Then again, maybe he just figure he can wait it out until Klinsi's arrival. Whatever the reason, he's creating more doubts about his ability.


Soon he might be 5th, as Sandro Wagner is getting games under his belt every week playing for the reserve team.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 1241 times
Gender: Male

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:37 pm

I don't think Wagner will ever reach Podolski's level. I just don't see that much promise in him. Hopefully I'm wrong.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41575
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7515 times
Been thanked: 11601 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Swellu » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Unless there is a drastic improvement in Wagner's abilities I think we will never see him as a Bayern's first team player, but you can never know.....
Swellu
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Podolski loan an option

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness says the German giants are open to letting Lucas Podolski leave on loan in this transfer window, news that could alert Manchester City.

City were keen on signing Podolski in a permanent deal but were warned off by Bayern as Jurgen Klinsmann, who is set to succeed Ottmar Hitzfeld in the summer, wants him as part of his squad next season.

However, with the Germany international struggling to get a game behind Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose in the pecking order, Bayern are willing to let him go somewhere that will give him playing time ahead of the summer's European Championship, so long as they have striking cover.

"We have got to talk about what we are going to do," Hoeness said. "I am torn. A club like Bayern Munich needs four top strikers.
Click Here!

"I want to help him to make it to the Europeans Championships. And if we loan him out and everything goes well, we have done everything right.

"Then we have got him games and he comes back on July 1."

With Valeri Bojinov, Emile Mpenza and on-loan Nery Castillo injured, Georgios Samaras out of favour and Rolando Bianchi and Darius Vassell hardly prolific, Sven Goran Eriksson is desperate to add firepower to his squad so Podolski - even if just for the short-term - could fit the bill.

setanta sports
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6566
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 2123 times
Been thanked: 1663 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Loan move until the end of the year will be a good thing for both Lukas and Germany. He will get some match practise. Also, Man C will need a good striker as they seriously mount for the 4th champions league place. They have been playing really good this year and can indeed dislodge Liverpool out of the top 4.

So, poldi will get practise, Man C will get a good striker and Bayern will get back a better poldi in June..All in all, a good move!!
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby fcb 4eva » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Loan move until the end of the year will be a good thing for both Lukas and Germany. He will get some match practise. Also, Man C will need a good striker as they seriously mount for the 4th champions league place. They have been playing really good this year and can indeed dislodge Liverpool out of the top 4.

So, poldi will get practise, Man C will get a good striker and Bayern will get back a better poldi in June..All in all, a good move!!


just as long as we dont sell him before the new manager has given him a chance
Image
User avatar
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:11 am
Location: England
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:43 pm

We need 4 strikers. This isn´t about Germany nor Poldi. Top club needs 4 strikers in case of injuries, bad form etc. The club has to be selfish.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Image
User avatar
Paddy
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Postby walter » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:57 pm

I agree with fcb 4eva...

We have Schlaudraff and Wagner for emergency cases given that Hitzfeld is not really doing much rotation with our strikers anyway...worst case scenario we play with just one striker in the "christmas tree formation (4-3-2-1)" that Hitzfeld used during pre-season, which actually worked very well and I am actually surprised it has not been used more (I guess having Klose or Toni in the bench is considered a big waste of striking power)....
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Image
User avatar
Paddy
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 pm

Paddy wrote:Looks like Hitzfeld agrees with me.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=556472


No question about it, 4 strikers is better than 3; Hitzfeld is right on that one; but he is dead wrong on using the 3rd striker occasionally as 80th minute sub, this strategy will backfire on him! If Klose or Toni go down injured one day he will find a rusty 3rd striker. IMO a 3rd striker needs to start games at times, even if they are benched after the first half, then come at 2nd half sub at other times, this keeps that player inserted in the dinamics of the team, on the the regular schemes and not modified strategies that usually happen in the last 10-15 min of a match. It is not benching Klose or Toni, it is lining that 3rd striker up with one or the other, with the rest, from the start, at halftime; this will make that player valuable and in better shape to take over for an injured regular.

The 4th striker is the one that should be that 80th minute player, who bring extra pace to break down a tired defense. Whether Podolski is the 3rd or the 4th that's another question.

One might say that he is given a starting spot at Cup matches more often, but that is a whole different competition that it is approached with a different mindset.

The way I see it, if Podolski does not go on loan elsewhere he will become the next Roque Santa Cruz at Bayern, he will spend all this precious time on the bench and he will go shopping for another club later on after wasting his developement years. He needs to get out of Bayern the rest of this season, so he can come in a better position in the summer to work the final year of his contract under Klinsmann who I am sure will create a better environment for him, even when Podolski might be still behind Klose and Toni.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 1241 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SemrushBot [Bot] and 8 guests