You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby draconaut » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 am

i like the idea too. :D Why dun u suggest it in the official forum(if no one has done this yet,sorry if i m saying something stupid :oops: )
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EndoFCB » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:05 am

I hope when Klinsi come Poldi will be play better, if not he can go..
EndoFCB

Postby draconaut » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:49 am

EndoFCB wrote:I hope when Klinsi come Poldi will be play better, if not he can go..

Agree.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 am

01-16-2008
Eriksson courting Bayern striker Podolski

Bayern Munich's unsettled Germany international Lukas Podolski could be on his way to English Premier League club Manchester City, according to Sport Bild.

Podolski signed a four-year deal with Bayern in July 2006 in the wake of being voted the best young player at the World Cup, but has since failed to cement a regular starting place in the Bundesliga side.

According to the magazine Podolski and his agent have already held talks with City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, and Bayern chiefs have already held talks with a representative of the English club.

City are reportedly willing to pay the Bundesliga giants 16 million pounds (32 million dollars) although Bayern do not want Podolski to leave before the end of the season.

Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has even said that the club's imminent new coach, Juergen Klinsmann, was interested in keeping Podolski.

'It's true that there have been enquiries about Lukas. But Lukas will finish the second half of the season with us. And our new coach Juergen Klinsmann has expressed his interest in keeping Lukas,' said Rummenigge.

Klinsmann, manager of Germany at the 2006 World Cup where they made the semi-finals, was instrumental in selecting Podolski for the national team.

Podolski had recently said he wanted to stay with Bayern until the end of the season to see if he could seal a regular slot in the first team, and will have been boosted by the pending arrival of Klinsmann.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Poldi worth 16 million pounds? That is a little high IMO.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Huggseybear31 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 am

Listen PODI IS NOT LEAVING

klinsi loves podi and knows what he can do and where podi performs best

i cant see klins letting podi go considering they really bonded during the world cup

Also in that matter i bealive that klins wants to still see the chemistry between klose and podi
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernRtheBest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:00 am

I agree with huggsey , now that klinsman will coach at Bayern ,podolski will want to stay and knows it is most likely that he will have a starting place in the squad next season. We will see podolski at his full potential if he stays for another season, but the main question i have is what will happen with Toni then?
BayernRtheBest

Postby Huggseybear31 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 am

BayernRtheBest wrote:I agree with huggsey , now that klinsman will coach at Bayern ,podolski will want to stay and knows it is most likely that he will have a starting place in the squad next season. We will see podolski at his full potential if he stays for another season, but the main question i have is what will happen with Toni then?

Yea bro EXACTLY

what i really bealive they should do and what i have done on my fifa 08
is put three attackers up in the box because i bealive it is better because since there is more men in the box more passes and a bigger chance of the oppositions defense making a mistake

Podi ---------- Toni ----------Klose

Schweni-------Ze ------------Ribery

Lahm--Decmillies----Lucio----Sagnol

pluse i bealive that ze can sometimes be replaced with MvB in the center
but probely as of next season we would see borowski in the center and hopefully in 3 years we will see TONI KROOS 39 baby
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Huggseybear31 wrote:
BayernRtheBest wrote:I agree with huggsey , now that klinsman will coach at Bayern ,podolski will want to stay and knows it is most likely that he will have a starting place in the squad next season. We will see podolski at his full potential if he stays for another season, but the main question i have is what will happen with Toni then?

Yea bro EXACTLY

what i really bealive they should do and what i have done on my fifa 08
is put three attackers up in the box because i bealive it is better because since there is more men in the box more passes and a bigger chance of the oppositions defense making a mistake

Podi ---------- Toni ----------Klose

Schweni-------Ze ------------Ribery

Lahm--Decmillies----Lucio----Sagnol

pluse i bealive that ze can sometimes be replaced with MvB in the center
but probely as of next season we would see borowski in the center and hopefully in 3 years we will see TONI KROOS 39 baby

this isnt fifa 08 dude, we shouldnt be playing 4-3-3

we need to stick to:

-----------Toni-----Klose----------

Schweini---MVB---Ze-----Ribery

Lahm----Demechelis---Lucio---Sagnol

this is the best team and formation for the team with the possible exception of ribery pushing up behind the two stikers mid match.

--------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53 am

First of all, I know Poldi is not leaving Bayern. :roll: I was asking whether the amount of money that Man. City was willing to pay for him a little high? I think so. Plus, I was posting an article that confirm the rumor of Man. City's interested in Poldi, which has been going around a a week or a little more.

Secondly, Poldi does not deserve a starting place because of how he played under Klinsmann a few years ago and just because Klinsi likes him. To give a player a position for those stupid reasons would cause some internal discord within the team and this team does not need that. Poldi will have to earn a starting position just like everyone else. So far, he has not really deserve the starting position.

I do think Poldi would start to improve under Klinsmann. However, I have to agree with the management on this one...Poldi had to adjust to them and not the other way around. Now, that Klinsmann is coming he won't have to do a lot of adjustment.

I agree with you FCB 4Eva...I would keep it as Klose and Toni, at least for now. Perhaps Klinsmann will do some rotation with the strickers when he gets here but that is just as long they deserve to start.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Huggseybear31 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 am

First off i never said podi was going to be givin a starting role on this team, Never said it. what i said is that klinsi will look foward to having klose and podi show the same excitiment on the pitch as they showed in the world cup, i never said anyone was going to be getting a starting role withought earning it, i mention what formation i would do

Second thing you can't say that the best formation for bayern is the 2-4-4- thats really the only formation we have seen that way pluse if u look at the championship teams hitzfield has coached thats the way he runs his club

If you watch bayern munich play you will often see ribery or schweni go along the side and cross the ball there is two things that can happen in that situation, ! they score off a header or 2 the attackers give up the ball.

I play for the hota bavarians in the cosmopoliton league and weve won the league 3 times out of the last 4 years and our club was also invited to participate in the Manchester United premier cup and for thoses of you who dont know what that is it's basically the biggest youth tournement in the world with around 5,000 from many countries and our edge over many teams in that tournement was that we had three men in the box and now listin when you have three men in the box thoses two corner men are great for keeping the ball in the box when the ball is crossed!!!!!!

Not to mention it would work great ofr our team thing about it???

Klose? Hes an amazing header he would benefit

Toni? hes good all around he would score when the ball is being scrubed around in the box

Podi? podis greatest move is where his back is towards the net and he turns quickly and fires with a defender on him he did it so many times in the world cup and it was very succesful and if you watched podi's days in cologne you would see that podi did that move many times

so back to my point with the three attackers the more bodies we have in the box the higer chance we have of scoring its jsut that simple

pluse you might say HI our defense is weekend with one less middi i dont think that is correct considering i bealive lucio is world class and so is sagnol
and lahm and demechelis??? there preatty much up there
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 am

LOL!! First of all, when I said that Poldi should not be given a starting because of his history with Klinsmann it was address to the other poster, hence that is why I said secondly and did not include in the first part of my statement. I respended to yours first because all capital letters means you are yelling.

Now, I do watch Bayern and that is why I am a fan. I didn't know I became a fan because I liked the colors but never seen the team played. :lol: But I agreed with FCBEva because, at the moment, we do not know what Klinsmann is going to do or even if he'll use Poldi a little differently, so let's keep Toni and Klose for now. We'll find out soon as to how Klinsmann is going to run this team. Heck, we can not even be sure who will be with the team next season. Klinsmann has already given Uli a list of players that he definitely wants to keep (I like to see that list personally).

Off topic but here is my posting manner... if I want to respond directly to one post I will use the quote button more often than not, but sometimes not if I post right after the poster. However, if I am addressing more than one post then I won't use the quote button.

BTW...don't get me wrong, I like Poldi but I don't think he was all that great in the WC. He won that award by default. If C. Ronaldo hadn't done any of his antics then he would have won. Plus, I think Klose made Poldi look good at times. It wasn't like Poldi looked good on his own all the time but more because of Klose. (And no, I am not talking about looks here).
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Huggseybear31 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:52 am

Klinsi has only coached one team and although he was highly critized he was succesful when it mattered most. i would actually agree i would like to see the list of players

But i cant bealvie you just said that podi was givin the best young player award by default??? podi was exciting to watch he scored 3 goals throughout the whole tournement, CRonaldo? sure portuagal played very good and were really impressive but you cannont say cronaldo had a better tournement then podi. Ronaldo only scored 1 goal throught out the tournemnt. On the portugal team you couldnt say there was really one player on the team that carried them at least satiisticlly because nobody really scored many goals. Figo was the leader on that team

But you have to remember as for germany klose was the main goal scorer on the team and in the tournement hence why he was the winner of the golden boot. Klose didnt just make podi good he made the whole national team look good. And podi was his own player he steped up when it was needed forinstance in the game agianst sweeden in round of 16. Klose made the whole team look good and podi added to that! the number dont lie
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Goals??? You have to be joking?? Poldi deserved it because he scored 3 goals, which if I remember correctly two were set up by Klose who made him look good in the end, to C. Roanldo's one. I'm not a big fan of C. Roanldo but I will give him credit because he was more involved in the attack of the team and overall play, not just goals. if it was based on goals then Klose should get that award too. He deserved it more than anyone else. IMO, Klose was more exciting than Poldi. Poldi was only exciting when he scored but, overall, not that exciting. With Klose on the Bayern team then Poldi should start looking better. But, that is if he has forgiven Klose for that negative comment last month.

Don't get me wrong, I like Poldi but I'm not afraid to call it like I see. If I'm not impressed then I am going to say and stand by it. I may be a blond but I am not a dumb cookie. Of course, Mark might say otherwise...LOL!!

BTW....that award was a joke anyway, IMO. Why do always created awrds that in many ways are so unnecessary?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 pm

tracylynn wrote:Goals??? You have to be joking?? Poldi deserved it because he scored 3 goals, which if I remember correctly two were set up by Klose who made him look good in the end, to C. Roanldo's one. I'm not a big fan of C. Roanldo but I will give him credit because he was more involved in the attack of the team and overall play, not just goals. if it was based on goals then Klose should get that award too. He deserved it more than anyone else. IMO, Klose was more exciting than Poldi. Poldi was only exciting when he scored but, overall, not that exciting. With Klose on the Bayern team then Poldi should start looking better. But, that is if he has forgiven Klose for that negative comment last month.

Don't get me wrong, I like Poldi but I'm not afraid to call it like I see. If I'm not impressed then I am going to say and stand by it. I may be a blond but I am not a dumb cookie. Of course, Mark might say otherwise...LOL!!

BTW....that award was a joke anyway, IMO. Why do always created awrds that in many ways are so unnecessary?

Agree totally. I don't like Ronaldo but, he was much more useful to Portugal than Poldi was to Deutschland. Ronaldo was more exciting to watch than Poldi. Heck, even Luis Valencia(Equador?) deserved the award more than Poldi.
Poldi got it only because of his goals. I must, however, admit that I badly wanted him to win the award at that time.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:54 pm

1st of all, Poldi shouldnt be starting any games atm and even when Klinsmann comes in, it shouldnt matter that Klismann was manager of the national side and there for just automatically put him in the starting 11.

Secondly, he has to earn his place in the team and so far he has not done that, now I dont know if next year we will see a difference in Poldis play or approach (sincerly hope we do) becuase of his relationship with the new man in charge but he simply has to pull his finger out and start performing.

He knew it would be difficult coming to a club of Bayerns size, he surely didnt expect to walk straight into the 1st team and he needs to wait his turn, he has been very unlucky this year with the form of Toni an Klose, but as he showed against Bolton in Uefa cup he is cappable of some great displays, and he needs to buckle down and try hard in training whoevers at the helm.

------------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion