You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

Though a little bit off topic but I don't think Schlaudraff will be a sub forever. You have to remember that he had surgery on his back, which is something that one should not take likely. I believe both Hitzfeld and Schlaudraff said that he probably won't be totally 100% ready until after the break. Even when he is totally ready to play a full 90 minutes he won't be a starter because of Toni and Klose.

With Podolski, well, he won't be a starter either. However, when he gets to play whether it's a start for an injured starter or for 10 to 20 minutes, all eyes are on him to show that he's worth the investment. People gave him a break last year, I know I did, but this year won't be the case. When he comes out onto the field he has to shown something. Whether he shows great ball movement, being actively involved, or even scoring, he has to show something. Many folsk believed that he would have been better off at a team more suited to his style. That could be his problem. Bayern's style is not suited to him, which the top management have made comment that they were not going to switch their style of play for him.

I like Podolski a lot but I would like to see him to show more than what he has shown. Perhaps part of his problem is that award he got at the WC? Maybe it went to his head? Either way, he needs to show improvement in some areas of his play. Simple as that. I know some of the problems are not his fault but he needs to take advantage of any situation that he can. Does Bayern need to sell him? No. Do they need to loan him out. Maybe. Time will tell.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm

The honeymoon is well and truely over !!

Watching him walk off at half time yesterday I got the strongest impression he knew he was not walking back on in half time two.

Much as I like him and want him to make the grade I fear time is no longer on his side - two strikes against Bolton is not enough for me to change my mind right now.
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Poldi

Postby corleoneikl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Poldi is a too big potential to sell.Bayern can loan him that would be good but not sell
corleoneikl
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes, he definitely needs to pick up where he left off against Bolton, and then he'd be a serious threat to Toni and Klose.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:30 pm

So I didn't see the game, and I realise it was against Cyprus, but could there be hope for Podolski as a winger? All I keep hearing about was how great he was this past weekend, playing on the wing and hooking it up for everyone else. Playing in midfield would definately force him to be involved, which I think we're all agreed on is usually his problem. What do you guys think? Did anyone see the game? If he actually can be effective on the wing (as opposed to it being a one-off good performance), then we could have some serious firepower, not to mention that it could help break our "Ribery dependence." Though it would be too bad for Schweini...thoughts?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:10 pm

I think it's too early to start talking about a new position for Podolski. He's had one good game in that position, and by no means does that mean that he's going to cut it there. His prime position remains as a striker, and that's where he'll play against Wales.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Milan Interested In Podolski

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 pm

His impressive performance in Germany’s 4-0 win over Cyprus on Saturday showed that the real Lukas Podolski is back. That performance has reportedly aroused the interest of AC Milan.

The Champions League holders have allegedly been alerted to the Bayern striker after his recent top form. The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ has reported than the Milan giants are lining up a potential move for the youngster.

Fiorentina are also reported to be monitoring the situation with regards the former Cologne striker.

Podolski is currently sitting in the shadows of both Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni who lead the Bundesliga scoring charts with nine and eight goals respectively. Poldi currently has a single Bundesliga goal to his name.

However it seems likely that nothing will happen before the summer.

Werder Bremen will also be monitoring the situation, as Klaus Allofs recently revealed Bremen’s interest was ongoing.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:09 pm

I believe that no matter how Podolski played well, as long as Toni and Klose are in their best form.. he won`t have a place in the starting line-up

So sad for him but it`s the truth :? and since the team comes first. we all hope that Toni and Klose will stay great like this till the end of the season. Podolski is a very good subtitute for us. but I don`t think that he`d like to stay on the bench. so, his future with us is still in doubt.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby draconaut » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:28 am

i think he should be an attacking midefielder instead.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

World's best young footballer set to be a father

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 pm

MUNICH, Germany (AFP) — Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski, voted the best young player at last year's World Cup, is set to become a father for the first time.

The 22-year-old, who has scored 24 international goals in 44 appearances for Germany, is expecting a child with long-time girlfriend Monika Puchalski, 21.

The pair met in Poland when they were 17 and Puchalski's twin brother told German on-line magazine Bunte he is looking forward to next year's birth.

"I am really looking forward to being an uncle," said Lukas Puchalski.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 pm

I will be glad to see Podolski going on loan in January to a team out of Germany for the rest of the season, it will be good a mid-table team in Italy or Spain, that will boost his confidence back and maybe he can have a chance at Bayern next season when the Luca Toni-Klose partnership proves everyone wrong. If Podolski stays on the bench playing as a sub for 10 min a game he will never make it as he is not that kind of 80th min player who usually is driven by pace.

For me there is a psychological disconnection between Klose and Toni that will increase over time, maybe ego is getting in between them. The chemistry shown in the first games is not there anymore. I do not see anyone at Bayern with enough pants (except Kahn) to call it like it is, specially after spending so much money on Toni, Klose and Ribbery.

Some might bring the argument that Bayern needs a striker sub in case of injuries or to rest the starters when there are too many back to back games, for me a team like Bayern needs to buy a world class striker that has passed his prime but still has speed to close out games, somebody without gas for an hour but able to sprint 6 or 8 times in the last 10 to 15 minutes of a match. I wouldn't even put Sandro Wagner on the bench to back up Klose-Toni, he will develop faster on the reserve team or on loan to another team as well.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum, Jorge!
Up to now, Klose and Toni have only suffered minor injuries. It would be highly problematic for Bayern should they loan out Podolski and then suffer a season-ending injury to either Klose or Toni. At the moment, Podolski and Schlaudraff could back up, but having just Schlaudraff as backup is a bit too risk in my opinion, because him and the other uninjured striker are also liable to injury/suspension.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:03 pm

I partly agree, because Podolski could do better than 10 minutes every game or what so ever. He should go on load, or the other fella Shau ( sorry cant spell his name) should leave the club..go play football ...gain back his form and return.

Sorry but we did not pay so many freaking millions for Toni and Klose to see one of them on the bench. For me Toni wants more balls so he can do his magic, Klose ..is a fighter and for me those two are hell of a striking force !

Maybe if we get Pirlo or De rossi...;)
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:26 pm

Poldi should definately stay, he wants to stay and prove himself and the chances will come. Like Mutu said if Klose or Toni get injured I think we could be in trouble with just Schlaudraff and Sandro Wagner to back them up. Toni is out tomorrow for sure, so there's another shot for Poldi right away. Hopefully he'll do well.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Thank you for welcoming me Mutu, I see your point although if a big injury hits Klose or Toni you don't know if Podolski will be the right back up as long as you have him week in and week out on the bench, it might take weeks for him to find his rhythm, he might not get it at all. So far the few times he was given a chance he failed, at the same time the same Podolski in the NT put up outstanding performances one after the other.

I would like to see Bayern taking a different approach, rotating players and changing systems per match conditions, like fielding a 4-3-3 at certain games or/and certain portions of the games, or even on the traditional 4-4-2 rotating players, finding the right chemistry on different line-ups, encouraging team work and rewarding those who endorse it with more minutes. As I said before there are alarming signs on this Bayern team that individualism is getting on each others way and the team does not look as solid as it was in the first games of the season.

I also prefer Podolski to remain at Bayern but if he is going to be on the bench for the next two years he better go now. His situation reminds me of Morientes a key component of Spain’s NT but benched at Madrid behind the shadows of Raul, Ronaldo and Owen; then he went on loan to Monaco and scored the goal that eventually knocked Real Madrid out of the 2003-04 Champions League to finish top scorer of the competition above Raul and Ronaldo.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion