You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lucas Hernández [Lucas François Bernard Hernández]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Lucas Hernández [Lucas François Bernard Hernández]

Postby rthebest » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:46 pm

It depends on how comfortable they are with their weaker foot. Bayern played with 3 or some times 4 right footed defenders past few years.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Play him at DM then. Our line up already looks like a playlist on shuffle anyway.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

3.4.3 & that's it

Neuer

Pavard. Alaba Lucas

Kimm/ Alvaro Tolisso/Kimmich Thiago #19

Serge. Lewa. Coman
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thomasmann » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:26 am

I am a but puzzled when I read the posts.....

Please, someone remind me, when did you see a SINGLE scene that suggested he is a 80.000.000 € Player????

He is neither fast nor technically very good, is too slow, is outplayed, makes far too many stupid fouls around the penalty box....
Look at Virgil from Liverpool, THAT is a defensive player worth his money.

Let him play for Boateng and when Suele comes back, you have the choice between Alaba and Hernandez.... not a diffcult decision...
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:10 pm

thomasmann wrote:I am a but puzzled when I read the posts.....

Please, someone remind me, when did you see a SINGLE scene that suggested he is a 80.000.000 € Player????

He is neither fast nor technically very good, is too slow, is outplayed, makes far too many stupid fouls around the penalty box....

Let him play for Boateng and when Suele comes back, you have the choice between Alaba and Hernandez.... not a diffcult decision...
Sule is bad, though.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thomasmann » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:15 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
thomasmann wrote:I am a but puzzled when I read the posts.....

Sule is bad, though.

Sule is overrated, but still he has best %ages of all central defenders in the BuLi. And he is young, he can still develop.
But that still does not make Hernandez an alternative, and an enormous waste of money.... Who makes such decisions.... incredible.
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:42 am

The problem with Sule is that he is too big and bulky. That won't improve with experience, might get worse, in fact. The modern game just doesn't call for that kinda of centrer backs. Who, besides Lewandowski, Is a fearsome big and tall attacker? No one. The biggest treats from other teams are rather lower, faster and more agile attackers. We need quicker CBs. IMO on the basis of that, Lucas has greater potential.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:The problem with Sule is that he is too big and bulky. That won't improve with experience, might get worse, in fact. The modern game just doesn't call for that kinda of centrer backs. Who, besides Lewandowski, Is a fearsome big and tall attacker? No one. The biggest treats from other teams are rather lower, faster and more agile attackers. We need quicker CBs. IMO on the basis of that, Lucas has greater potential.

Ever heard of that Haaland dude?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:59 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:The problem with Sule is that he is too big and bulky. That won't improve with experience, might get worse, in fact. The modern game just doesn't call for that kinda of centrer backs. Who, besides Lewandowski, Is a fearsome big and tall attacker? No one. The biggest treats from other teams are rather lower, faster and more agile attackers. We need quicker CBs. IMO on the basis of that, Lucas has greater potential.

Sule is build like a NFL player but he is quite fast for his height & weight but not explosive enough to catch up the opponents, that's true however that doesn't mean fast = better. Sule's problems are mostly tactical, being a big guy is not that bad, Hummels is a big guy and super-slow but he managed a great career, Bonucci is literally a turtle but his anticipation and tactical knowledge are very high(and the 3-5-2 helps) Van Dijk also is built like a bull but OK he has everything needed. Sule can loose some weight in 1 season but being injury prone is what it is... Lucas is half of his size but still is injury prone the only thing that he excels from Sule is that he lighting-fast(much needed indeed) and goes hard on the ball.

In fact Lucas Hernandez could become "the new Vidal" and help on the DMF position since we're on the shuffle thing already 8)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:43 am

#12 wrote:

Or Lukaku :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:31 pm

aterford wrote:I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the idea of two left-footed CBs being a problem is kind of manufactured. I guess in a perfect world you have one of each 'footing' but it's not like Alaba or Lucas or etc has a stump or peg leg on his non-dominant foot. I can't imagine we paid 80m for a player who can't play off of his right foot when needed. Hahah.

Basically, you'd have a hard time convincing me that Davies-Alaba-Pavard-Odriozola is better than Davies-Alaba-Lucas-Pavard just because the former has one left- and one right-footed CB while the latter has two left-footed ones.

I guess my feeling is just that we have approximately one thousand issues that are higher priority than this. It's kind of like having a town with lots of drugs and violence and gang problems but you are instructing your police force to make handing out parking tickets their first priority. :lol:

Only just seeing this... wasn’t it Van Gaal who introduced that idea here? I seem to remember him talking about it. It was one of his quirks, not really something universal that’s been passed-on knowledge in football.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
aterford wrote:I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the idea of two left-footed CBs being a problem is kind of manufactured. I guess in a perfect world you have one of each 'footing' but it's not like Alaba or Lucas or etc has a stump or peg leg on his non-dominant foot. I can't imagine we paid 80m for a player who can't play off of his right foot when needed. Hahah.

Basically, you'd have a hard time convincing me that Davies-Alaba-Pavard-Odriozola is better than Davies-Alaba-Lucas-Pavard just because the former has one left- and one right-footed CB while the latter has two left-footed ones.

I guess my feeling is just that we have approximately one thousand issues that are higher priority than this. It's kind of like having a town with lots of drugs and violence and gang problems but you are instructing your police force to make handing out parking tickets their first priority. :lol:

Only just seeing this... wasn’t it Van Gaal who introduced that idea here? I seem to remember him talking about it. It was one of his quirks, not really something universal that’s been passed-on knowledge in football.

It is, no notable squad field two left-footed CB’s. There must be some logic to it, something to do with the fact that left-footed and right footed players (and attackers) aren’t split 50:50, the way players open up their bodies, and the average heatmap of most games. Can’t quite put my finger on it exactly, but there must be a scientific/statistical reason. Football games aren’t symmetrical, so tendencies of player to open to the right or left must be factored in.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby thomasmann » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 pm

#12 wrote:

What about that Haaland dude?
In the Bundesliga there is a handful of teams that belong there, the other dozen fight relegation. Scoring against them is not a miracle. What about the Haaland dude against Leverkusen.
BVB ALWAYS finds these dudes who are great againt second and third class teams. What about that Sancho dude, when they play against Bayern? The couch takes him out pretty fast... right? What about that american, they had?I am looking forward to Haaland against Sule...
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:29 pm

thomasmann wrote:
#12 wrote:

What about that Haaland dude?
In the Bundesliga there is a handful of teams that belong there, the other dozen fight relegation. Scoring against them is not a miracle. What about the Haaland dude against Leverkusen.
BVB ALWAYS finds these dudes who are great againt second and third class teams. What about that Sancho dude, when they play against Bayern? The couch takes him out pretty fast... right? What about that american, they had?I am looking forward to Haaland against Sule...

Süle?

Are you even following Bundesliga or just reading up on scores?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion