You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leroy Sané [Leroy Aziz Sané]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Leroy Sané [Leroy Aziz Sané]

Postby Kanapcio » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:CONSISTENCY is what he needs , and I believe it will come

Exactly. I truly believe that he will be our starter for years and one of the best wingers in the world. He just needs to be consistent. Let's not forget that he lost almost a year of play.
Kanapcio
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I didn't really like the way he played vs Frankfurt as he kept losing possession every time

But then he goes on and does this

=P~

Note how Rode and N'Dicka fall down like a sack of potatoes due to the horrible pitch conditions #-o
But not just in that game, right? Been his problem all along...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Kanapcio wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:CONSISTENCY is what he needs , and I believe it will come

Exactly. I truly believe that he will be our starter for years and one of the best wingers in the world. He just needs to be consistent. Let's not forget that he lost almost a year of play.
Well... Are we still gonna use this excuse when he‘s 30?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:48 pm

I don’t mind him being selfish, Robben was too, but there were moments when it was very obvious he wasn’t about to get past 6 defenders in tight space. Those need to be cut down.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don’t mind him being selfish, Robben was too, but there were moments when it was very obvious he wasn’t about to get past 6 defenders in tight space. Those need to be cut down.

Can we do a head transplant and put Thomas Mueller's head onto Sané's body? Ballon d'Or winning material.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don’t mind him being selfish, Robben was too, but there were moments when it was very obvious he wasn’t about to get past 6 defenders in tight space. Those need to be cut down.

Can we do a head transplant and put Thomas Mueller's head onto Sané's body? Ballon d'Or winning material.

It's easier to ask De Bruyne to join us. :mrgreen:

Even think of Hazard, maybe his injury misfortune would change in Munich. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Achilles » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:57 pm

Mentality was Sane's problem since he first start shining for City and suddenly Jogi Low cut him out of the NT in the World Cup.
I remember many of us here(including me) were stating that he was cut out rightfully because he doesn't blend well with the others in terms of companionship and lazy attitude. Plus that at those times he sucked on decision making. He developed that enormously since then but not his lack off attitude. Low,Pep and now Flick. Obviously he is a slacker and kind of diva which is OK to an extent but he should improve.

Talent-wise he is on Mbappe level, he lacks his fire and winning-mentality though.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Achilles wrote:Mentality was Sane's problem since he first start shining for City and suddenly Jogi Low cut him out of the NT in the World Cup.
I remember many of us here(including me) were stating that he was cut out rightfully because he doesn't blend well with the others in terms of companionship and lazy attitude. Plus that at those times he sucked on decision making. He developed that enormously since then but not his lack off attitude. Low,Pep and now Flick. Obviously he is a slacker and kind of diva which is OK to an extent but he should improve.

Talent-wise he is on Mbappe level, he lacks his fire and winning-mentality though.
Re Mbappe yest he was completely out of the game... Gospodin Kovac 's tactics killed him off
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Sané still has a lot of work to do to surpass Arjen Robben's legacy. Talent alone is not enough and once the career is over, many shall say: "he could have done/achieved way more than he did".
He still has 6 years to perform great and within that period become an outstanding winger, but only with the proper attitude and work ethics, something that Robben had and hundreds of injuries couldn't discourage the Dutchman.

I'm not sure that he is Mbappé and Haaland level of talent, I doubt that... but in any case both the Frenchman and the Norwegian are living football 24/7 and working their asses off as it can be seen.
Many guys were/are more talented than Haaland, but the Norwegian is a football fanatic and an absolute professional, just like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sané is not that kind of personality, though. At least he hasn't convinced us, yet. Not just us, but I think even Guardiola when he placed him on the bench at Manchester, bought Mahrez and used few more guys rather than him.

This is his first season and I said 7-8 months ago that I'm not going to judge him after one year break just like some already retired Neuer because of 2017/2018 injury absence. Sané needs to stay healthy and far away from injuries, catch the rhythm and from summer 2021 become real serious because then it won't be like it's right now.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby T4L10N » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Achilles wrote:Mentality was Sane's problem since he first start shining for City and suddenly Jogi Low cut him out of the NT in the World Cup.

Right, but Low also cut Muller, Hummels and Boateng year or 2 later :D. I am not arguing, just stating fact of Low's poor decision making. Its 100% on him that Germany faced greatest failure in its World Cup history.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:20 pm

T4L10N wrote:Right, but Low also cut Muller, Hummels and Boateng year or 2 later :D. I am not arguing, just stating fact of Low's poor decision making. Its 100% on him that Germany faced greatest failure in its World Cup history.

Not defending Low here, I believe he is overrated to Scolari-level but you have to distinguish those two decisions.
The old guard trio was on a huge decline back then(we even called Thomas finished!) and Boa-Hummels were playing terribly nonetheless they served their purpose and they were sacrificed for the next generation which Sane is part of too. Wise or wrong decision for this trio to be left out from NT for the next generation is understandable to an extent but Sane who was performing superbly and at the beginning of his career was uncalled.

Anyway, I don't know how to rate Sane, I'm just waiting and give him 1 or 2 seasons because of his talent. He is a game-changer player therefore I'll wait for him but not for much longer. If by end of 2022 he hasn't reached his world-class level of consistency then we should part ways.

Flick has his way with players but I see in Hansi that the players should obey to team rules and nobody gets a free pass, I think that he is very strict with his "team rules" such as team intense pressing, tracking back, passing etc so you can do your thing offensively freely.
If not then you go to bench forever. He highlighted many times after the games that Sane did great and he liked that he tracked back to defend, help and so on... Flick specifically highlighted the "work-rate part" about tracking back because that's what he wants to see. Sane's talent is a given but it's not enough for Flick.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Achilles wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Right, but Low also cut Muller, Hummels and Boateng year or 2 later :D. I am not arguing, just stating fact of Low's poor decision making. Its 100% on him that Germany faced greatest failure in its World Cup history.

Not defending Low here, I believe he is overrated to Scolari-level but you have to distinguish those two decisions.
The old guard trio was on a huge decline back then(we even called Thomas finished!) and Boa-Hummels were playing terribly nonetheless they served their purpose and they were sacrificed for the next generation which Sane is part of too. Wise or wrong decision for this trio to be left out from NT for the next generation is understandable to an extent but Sane who was performing superbly and at the beginning of his career was uncalled.

Anyway, I don't know how to rate Sane, I'm just waiting and give him 1 or 2 seasons because of his talent. He is a game-changer player therefore I'll wait for him but not for much longer. If by end of 2022 he hasn't reached his world-class level of consistency then we should part ways.

Flick has his way with players but I see in Hansi that the players should obey to team rules and nobody gets a free pass, I think that he is very strict with his "team rules" such as team intense pressing, tracking back, passing etc so you can do your thing offensively freely.
If not then you go to bench forever. He highlighted many times after the games that Sane did great and he liked that he tracked back to defend, help and so on... Flick specifically highlighted the "work-rate part" about tracking back because that's what he wants to see. Sane's talent is a given but it's not enough for Flick.

Finished Boateng/Hummels still much better then Tah or any other CB Low chose over them.

On Sane's part I agree, He is game-changer but still shows kind of lazy attitude, which I personally hate to see (he remains one of my favorite players still). I do really hope he catches his game and ups his game when it matters.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 pm

No love for Leroy after yesterday ? he was just incredible,the potential is still there for ballon d orr, someday
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 pm

aaaaaa wrote:No love for Leroy after yesterday ? he was just incredible,the potential is still there for ballon d orr, someday

I truly believe he gets us at least 1 CL by himself :coffee:
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion