You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:33 pm

I think people have been expecting the wrong things from Goretzka, even myself. He doesn't seem like he will ever be a "controller" type midfielder like Kroos or Schweinsteiger were. He will most likely be an "attacking" type midfielder who prefers to do his work further up the midfield but not necessarily a AM/#10 like the Coutinho types.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Achilles wrote:Under certain circumstances like building a solid line-up he can perform great, we didn't have a midfielder with his speed and nose for goal for years. He is a good player but lost into this team's mediocrity. Flick will work with him and he will deliver, give him some slack, he came and "worked" under Kovac ffs and had a couple of injuries. I don't believe he is THAT bad, Gerland speaks highly of him, we all know he is a great scout.
Tolisso has as much a nose for goal ad Goretzka. In fact, I'd argue their pretty much the same player. Maybe Tolisso does a little bit better on midfielding.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:19 pm

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... go-kimmich

Michael Ballack sees himself in Leon Goretzka and gives him some advice

Ballack sees a great chance for Goretzka to secure his spot in Bayern’s midfield.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernUS/status/1 ... 98340?s=19

True
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Still think he will only make it here if he reinvents himself as a more offensive player. Something like a second striker.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Still think he will only make it here if he reinvents himself as a more offensive player. Something like a second striker.
I too see a Ballack in him. He is the perfect ingredient complement both Joshua and Thiago in our mdf.
He may also fill in for Mueller when the latter decides to leave or retire
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Ballack sucked, Goretzka sucks even more
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:23 pm

#12 wrote:Ballack sucked, Goretzka sucks even more
Unbelievable." Ballack sucked" this is blasphemy you should be banned for a month for that statement
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Unbelievable." Ballack sucked" this is blasphemy you should be banned for a month for that statement

Yeah I know that's what you want to di with dissidents

What exactly did Ballack win?
He was great at headers and definitely a better organizer in midfield than Goretzka but he was still far from a complete midfielder...
Here’s a list of better midfielders we played since he left:
Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Zé Roberto, Xabi Alonso, Lahm, Kimmich (sorted by how damn good they were to meh...)
Now granted, he was more offensive minded but if I do THAT list, he‘ll be destroyed...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Still think he will only make it here if he reinvents himself as a more offensive player. Something like a second striker.

He doesn't need to reinvent himself, he was born an offensive player. All on the coach.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

He doesn't need to reinvent himself, he was born an offensive player. All on the coach.
The thing is... As an offensive player he is just plain mediocre. Zero point in playing Goretzka as an offensive player when you could have Müller, Gnabry, James, Werner, or pretty much any toppish attacker out there.

Good that you admit that Goretzka as a midfielder is sh!t.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

The thing is... As an offensive player he is just plain mediocre. Zero point in playing Goretzka as an offensive player when you could have Müller, Gnabry, James, Werner, or pretty much any toppish attacker out there.

Zero point? It just put us back on top of the league.

I never admitted anything, never said he was a good midfielder either. Pipe down with the spite.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]Still think he will only make it here if he reinvents himself as a more offensive player. Something like a second striker.

Zero point? It just put us back on top of the league.

I never admitted anything, never said he was a good midfielder either. Pipe down with the spite.[/quote]Goretzka put us on the top of the table?!?!?;?;!;?;!??!!!

PunkCapitalist

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Try reading and don't be an idiot. I used the word "it", it being the act of playing Goretzka in attack. By using some line of reasoning, you could also follow that it allowed Müller to play as the side forward (which have made him effective) and it gave Thiago more space in midfield. We don't know whether it was main reason or not, but we've been playing relatively well compared to the rest of the season and it's also been Goretzka's best run of performances so far.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

True, I agree.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:23 am

Just when I thought you couldn't dig any deeper you've successfully made it to Earth's core and created a damn volcano in your own backyard.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion