You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Way overhyped. Not Bayern quality. I suggest he considers a change in position because he only seems to be good at scoring.

The question is how long can we afford to sign overrated or just average players just because they are under 22,23 and they are German. The quality of the up and comming youth is far away from the ones in England, Italy, France.

They must stop with the "identity" excuses if they want to put a really strong team in the coming years. I don't see any complains from the Liverpool fans since they won the Champions League last season with only 2 englishman in the starting 11. Or Real with 3 spaniards in the years before that.
If they identify the identity only with your nationality in one football club, i guess they are not what they pretend to be. All players carry one emblem over their hearts. Nothing unites more than that.

The traditionalism that has gripped the team has its good points, but it will drag us down for the foreseeable future.

We see it over and over with German midfielders and are constantly rotating between them. Rode, Rudy, Goretzka... to be fair each one is better than those before but none are or were good enough.

We just need to accept Germany isn’t producing quality CMs at the moment.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:47 pm

He just needs some consistency.. and more self believe.
Surely one cannot say that he is a bad player
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Way overhyped. Not Bayern quality. I suggest he considers a change in position because he only seems to be good at scoring.

The question is how long can we afford to sign overrated or just average players just because they are under 22,23 and they are German. The quality of the up and comming youth is far away from the ones in England, Italy, France.

They must stop with the "identity" excuses if they want to put a really strong team in the coming years. I don't see any complains from the Liverpool fans since they won the Champions League last season with only 2 englishman in the starting 11. Or Real with 3 spaniards in the years before that.
If they identify the identity only with your nationality in one football club, i guess they are not what they pretend to be. All players carry one emblem over their hearts. Nothing unites more than that.

The traditionalism that has gripped the team has its good points, but it will drag us down for the foreseeable future.

We see it over and over with German midfielders and are constantly rotating between them. Rode, Rudy, Goretzka... to be fair each one is better than those before but none are or were good enough.

We just need to accept Germany isn’t producing quality CMs at the moment.

Germany isn’t producing any quality AT ALL at the moment...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:18 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He just needs some consistency.. and more self believe.

I can!

He’s been running his mouth whenever he got the chance and he has shown squat... Nothing player! Should take Perisic, Coutinho, Pavard, Martinez, Coman, Tolisso, Boateng, Müller and just get lost!
And Kimmich on probation...!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 am

ramsej84 wrote:He just needs some consistency.. and more self believe.

Not bad but not good enough.

Even if he were consistent, his best for Bayern has never been good enough. Tolisso is the one who would be great if he were consistent.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Goretzka is a good player but 'good player' does not necessarily make 'good fit'. I don't think Goretzka is a bad player but I'm not sure where his fit is right now or where he needs to be played to get the most out of him.

Like many other players in recent years it feels that this was another transfer that really lacked much planning/philosophy - he didn't really fill an expressed need and I'm not particularly sure what our playing philosophy is trying to be at the moment but I'm not sure Leon really fits it. I am of the opinion that you first need to establish a clear philosophy of play/tactics (which is of course based on your manager) and then buy players to suit. At the moment it's felt like we don't really give a ton of consideration to how a player fits or not, rather just if they're quality and affordable we will try for them. That's an okay thing but feels like more of a "selling club" tactic to me - just buying players because they are good deals. But a player who is a good price but poor fit isn't really that much of a deal, is he?

I guess my general feeling is this: Goretzka is currently valued at 50m on Transfermarkt, 40m at the time of his transfer. Does anybody think that if he wasn't available for free we would have paid 40-50m for him? I seriously doubt it. Getting players for free is obviously nice, but IMO it should be a secondary concern. If you have identified a player who fits your needs/philosophy and is accessible, then you should go out and make the signing. If he is free, even better. BUT, if a player doesn't necessarily fit any need or "fit" and is available for free - I'm not sure there's really a ton of benefit in getting them for free just because. And of course "free" comes with a big signing bonus and wages. I think at the end of the day it's at least fair to ask if those bonuses/wages could've better been applied elsewhere.

Good player, but we are treating him like he is a starting XI-quality player, and I'm not sure that should be the case. But maybe a new manager will get the most out of him, he surely still has plenty of potential. On a quality-basis though right now I feel he 'should' be more of a rotation/role player, rather than starting XI quality...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Very popular kid in school, at least with the teachers... Cause when he returned his books, they were always UNMARKED!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I honestly think goretzka is way to attacking for a cm, he doesn't help built up much and often is positioned as a second striker. Imo he would only work (probally) in a 3 cm setup as the more attacking one.
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Any buyers ?
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Give him away for free
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:57 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Oh boy, he really believes it.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Hardrade » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm

What’s really funny about Goretzka is that for all that time he’s been with us, we have like 5 pages of discussion about him, whereas there are 28 pages in Tolisso topic, who has been out for a whole season
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Hardrade wrote:What’s really funny about Goretzka is that for all that time he’s been with us, we have like 5 pages of discussion about him, whereas there are 28 pages in Tolisso topic, who has been out for a whole season

Average player - average discussion.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Under certain circumstances like building a solid line-up he can perform great, we didn't have a midfielder with his speed and nose for goal for years. He is a good player but lost into this team's mediocrity. Flick will work with him and he will deliver, give him some slack, he came and "worked" under Kovac ffs and had a couple of injuries. I don't believe he is THAT bad, Gerland speaks highly of him, we all know he is a great scout.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion