You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Kingsley Coman

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Him being on the bench is in my opinion disrespectful towards his potential and gains he’s made so far, hope Kovac gives him the nod throughout the season....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 am

It really is disrespectful.
consider the message it sends to Coman (and any other prospective young player):

-It doesn't matter if you were better last season
-It doesn't matter if you were better in the rest of the preseason
-It doesn't matter if you're more durable/less injury-prone
-It doesn't matter if your per-90 production is better in virtually every significant category

Because at the end of the day we're not going to start you because it'll make Franck mad.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 am

aterford wrote:It really is disrespectful.
consider the message it sends to Coman (and any other prospective young player):

-It doesn't matter if your per-90 production is better in virtually every significant category

Because at the end of the day we're not going to start you because it'll make Franck mad.

Is not right to make this conclusions about Kovac in just playing their first game of the season.

Some of you guys are losing their minds with this obsession of Fired Robbery.

Ribery and Robben get their chance in an important match, they didnt play their best football and is logic that Kovac will take this in consider for next games. If Coman keep fit, is obviously that he will be a common starter of the team. Robben and Ribery will be good substitutes.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:57 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:

Is not right to make this conclusions about Kovac in just playing their first game of the season.

Some of you guys are losing their minds with this obsession of Fired Robbery.

Ribery and Robben get their chance in an important match, they didnt play their best football and is logic that Kovac will take this in consider for next games. If Coman keep fit, is obviously that he will be a common starter of the team. Robben and Ribery will be good substitutes.

Is it not true that when healthy Coman was better last season? (it is)
Is it not true that Coman was better this preseason? (it is)
If it's an "important game" (your words), why not start Coman?

And let's be honest: might be the first time under Kovac, but it's not like this is the first time one of Robben/Ribery has been given the start ahead of a youngster who arguably deserved it more.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:54 am

Ollio wrote:I swear to god, today with Kingsley on the right he reminded me of young ManU Ronaldo on the right, with more efficiency, less useless stepovers and less diving. Great to see him fight through the constant fouling. We have a gem, please stay healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree that I find Coman much better(and more predictable) on the right than on the left.

When he's playing on the left he has these three problems:
1. He is far too predictable and takes too long cutting back and forth to beat his first defender. This allows the defense to pack the box and detail a man to support the fullback(and hence force Coman to cross early, under unfavorable conditions). Thus, even though Coman usually does get past the defender, the defense is fully prepared by the time he crosses.

2. He has an unfortunate tendency chop his crosses back to the head of the box at head height. Predictably, little usually results from this because it is very hard for anyone to score with their head from that range (although Kimmich scored a really nice goal against Celtic off of one of these). He probably does in part because he doesn't look up enough before he crosses but mostly because he is right-footed and not good at crossing with his left foot.

3. Because of #1 and #2, his offensive productivity is not at the level it should be. According to Understat, within the Bundesliga Coman had 0.50 non-penalty expected goals plus expected assists per 90 minutes played(theoretically, this should result in about one goal or assist every other game he plays). For comparison, Muller had 0.74 NPxGP90+xAp90, James had 0.70 NPxGP90+xAp90, and Robben and Ribery, far from their best, had 0.56 NPxGP90+xAp90 and 0.55 NPxGP90+xAp90 respectively.

I won't declare Coman as worthy of the mantle of Robbery until he reaches at least 0.60 NPxGP90+xAp90, but I do think that moving him to right wing would help him reach that goal. Of course, if presume that Robbery are finished, that does leave a hole at LW, especially if Gnabry doesn't prove up to snuff or gets injured at a crucial moment(not saying that he won't, but we have to plan for everything). We could fill it by moving James to LW or by moving Muller there and having him play LW a la Mandzukic.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:12 am

Is the Super Cup that we are talking about...

We had better preserve Coman and Gnabry for the most important games...

Robbery will be used to cover for less important buli games
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Is the Super Cup that we are talking about...

We had better preserve Coman and Gnabry for the most important games...

Robbery will be used to cover for less important buli games

You’ll forgive me for being cynical, but I’ve been hearing “don’t worry, Robbery will just play less important games this season” for three years running now.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 pm

aterford wrote:

And let's be honest: might be the first time under Kovac, but it's not like this is the first time one of Robben/Ribery has been given the start ahead of a youngster who arguably deserved it more.

Besiktas game in champions league? Did you remember who began? COMAN.

Again, it is just the first game of more than 50 Bayern will have. If thats your attitude after just one game, then you will not survive this season. :lol:

No sense to consider disrepectful for Coman starting on bench a particular game, without considering that he is coming back from a long injury, Coman is very talent but physically need to improve. Step by step, Remember that Bayern has open him all the door to become the replacement of Ribery for years by no signing enough competion to him. THAT IS BEING VERY RESPECTFUL.So keep calm, there will be a moment where Kovac will give him the regularity he deserve, hopefully he can stay fit.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Wow Besiktas... What a top team!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aaaaaa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
aterford wrote:

Besiktas game in champions league? Did you remember who began? COMAN.

Again, it is just the first game of more than 50 Bayern will have. If thats your attitude after just one game, then you will not survive this season. :lol:

No sense to consider disrepectful for Coman starting on bench a particular game, without considering that he is coming back from a long injury, Coman is very talent but physically need to improve. Step by step, Remember that Bayern has open him all the door to become the replacement of Ribery for years by no signing enough competion to him. THAT IS BEING VERY RESPECTFUL.So keep calm, there will be a moment where Kovac will give him the regularity he deserve, hopefully he can stay fit.

I dont think respectfull has anything to do with it, its more like being cheap
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
a few mins ago that Jap almost KO him
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion