You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:10 pm

To be honest with you guys I have lost my faith in Coman becoming one of the great wingers of this era. Gnabry in two years looks way more improved and solidified in the squad than the #5SeasonsHereComan. He has the talent but his development doesn't look good enough after all these seasons in Bayern neither his injury history. I'd stick with Gnabry plus a world-class transfer on the wings and keep Coman as rotational player to assemble a great explosive trio of wingers with similar skills but not investing anymore on his shoulders. Ideally Sane & Gnabry starters, Coman bench.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:07 pm

I don't know man. I should be in the threads of the guys who won us the match today, but I'm honestly starting to get sick of this guy.
Barely able to play 10 games in a row and when he does, he's usually useless.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am

On one hand I understand that you often don't want to come right out and say "yeah it's not working and we'll look to sell" but on the other it does worry me a bit when I see the club talking about how he is still a big part of our future and this and that. I just can't see it. Never fit long enough to make any significant development.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:22 am

aterford wrote:On one hand I understand that you often don't want to come right out and say "yeah it's not working and we'll look to sell" but on the other it does worry me a bit when I see the club talking about how he is still a big part of our future and this and that. I just can't see it. Never fit long enough to make any significant development.
Yeah. If we could field

Lewy
Gnabry-Müller-Sané

With Perisic and Coman as backups, we would be well.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:29 am

Coman didn't make a big impact today but when he left the pitch it was obvious. Without his pace on the wings Bayern don't stretch opponents as well. Perisic isn't much of a long term solution and hopefully Sane or someone of similar quality is on the horizon.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am

For me though that doesn't really speak to the quality of Coman as much as it does to simply the difference between playing with two wingers and playing with one winger and some other hodgepodge.

I would keep Coman for one more year, basically a "prove it" type thing. If Sane comes, he and Gnabry are #1 and #2 wingers; Coman is fighting with Perisic or whoever for #3. Perhaps time as a non-starter will allow him to get his fitness back, and hopefully show some development. If he continues to get hurt or doesn't develop further, you sell in 2021 with two years left on his contract.

In the even he does play well, stay fit, etc - great! Then you still have at least one more "prove it" year to see if he can earn himself a new contract. If he doesn't, then he can leave with a year left.

I'm of the opinion that we need two wingers this coming summer, but realistically that's not happening. But keeping signing Sane, keeping Coman as a backup, and perhaps adding a young 'project' or 'talent' would not be bad at all IMO.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:07 am

aterford wrote:For me though that doesn't really speak to the quality of Coman as much as it does to simply the difference between playing with two wingers and playing with one winger and some other hodgepodge.

I would keep Coman for one more year, basically a "prove it" type thing. If Sane comes, he and Gnabry are #1 and #2 wingers; Coman is fighting with Perisic or whoever for #3. Perhaps time as a non-starter will allow him to get his fitness back, and hopefully show some development. If he continues to get hurt or doesn't develop further, you sell in 2021 with two years left on his contract.

In the even he does play well, stay fit, etc - great! Then you still have at least one more "prove it" year to see if he can earn himself a new contract. If he doesn't, then he can leave with a year left.

I'm of the opinion that we need two wingers this coming summer, but realistically that's not happening. But keeping signing Sane, keeping Coman as a backup, and perhaps adding a young 'project' or 'talent' would not be bad at all IMO.
It's a shame what happened to Coman really. IMO he has much more potential than Gnabry as a winger (who I view as more of a second striker), but hasn't been able to develope since he arrive due to injuries. There were definitely some glimpses of a WC player in there, but he is just stuck in the talent phase.

PunkCapitalist

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:29 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
aterford wrote:On one hand I understand that you often don't want to come right out and say "yeah it's not working and we'll look to sell" but on the other it does worry me a bit when I see the club talking about how he is still a big part of our future and this and that. I just can't see it. Never fit long enough to make any significant development.
Yeah. If we could field

Lewy
Gnabry-Müller-Sané

With Perisic and Coman as backups, we would be well.

This, I never got why Sane was playing on LW
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Evan van Essen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 pm

There is just noway we sell him this summer. If we did we'd have to buy a new back-up and we'd rather spend elsewhere. As a back-up coman is fine. Then in 2021 u can look at replacing him. Even though i love the guy, it might be best for bayern.

Only problem i see with him as back-up is him getting injured in the few minutes he plays or training so we dont have a back-up anymore. Guess its muller on the wing time if it happens.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

This sounds like - Whatever, I'm going to be injured for the whole season anyway. :lol:
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Haha, what paradox to extend a contract with a player with an improved wages who is stagnating.

Good night common sense. :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:40 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

This sounds like - Whatever, I'm going to be injured for the whole season anyway. :lol:
... so please pay me more
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Kingsley Coman on who's faster between him and Davies: It's him. We've already done some testing at Bayern, it's him. If it's speed in slaloms or turning I think I'm a little faster, but in a straight line, it's him.

Coman on Hansi Flick: He had already developed a friendship with the players that normally does not exist with a coach. It helped to get the team back on track in a difficult time. He didn’t change that much, but he did manage to re-motivate us. I feel the confidence of the club. They were always behind me. I don't know what I want in 5 years, so anything is possible. But to stay at the top level and to win the most titles, Bayern is one of the clubs where you can do that.

Coman names Pep Guardiola as the best coach he worked with:

[Eurosport]
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 pm

First world problems....
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion