You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:34 am

Oh but don’t you know that DaRealFan said he would bench Mbappé?

And you know he’s always right
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:43 pm

America USA wrote:Can’t score/Can’t assist.. does everything else right though :roll:

On a serious note though, how long will this guy remain a work in progress? When is that end product gonna improve?

When guys like Mbappe, Sané, Sterling, B. Silva, Dembele, Mane, Caudrado, Bernardeschi, Bale, Hazard and Messi have the ball at their feet on the wings and they are 1 v 1 with the fullback they all look so much more threatening. Even Gnabry looks more lethal at the moment. Hell even the young kids at Real Madrid and Dortmund look more threatening than Coman at the wings.

He has the same tricks: step over, fake/cut back and taking it to the byline and trying to find a cross, that he had when he joined us. His pace is also useless when he can’t finish chances or find the right pass in the final third.

Currently he’s the most frustrating player at Bayern Munich.

I like Coman and am still mostly optimistic on him but part of me feels like he's going to turn into our Jesse Lingard....four years from now he'll be 27 and we'll still be here talking about his potential and how he's still got time and is about to make his breakthrough...young talent, just give him time, be patient...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:42 pm

I was one of the biggest believers in him but this season he has declined massively. It’s almost unbelievable.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby wholagun » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:05 am

I'm at the point now where I think it's time to sell Coman. Coman seemed to be perpetually injured, so I quickly looked at transfer market injury history for Coman to see the stats and it isn't pretty. Since 2018 he has missed 40 games - and counting with the current injury sustained today.

While I have never been a big fan of Coman, I always respected his speed on LW. But given his tendency to be out with injury and a lack lustre season it is time to sell him.
wholagun
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Larhm » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:55 am

All he does is run faster than the full backs, nothing else comes afterward.
Larhm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 am

That’s not true, he can send crosses to a throw in and shots to hit opposing fans...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pips » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 am

Atleast he is not addicted to miss everything in important games.
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 am

Never believed in him actually, he is so many years here but he hasn't established himself as an important player offensively. It's time to move on and either sell him and signing an actual world class player like Sane or keep him as a sub.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Early to think about it, but he'll turn to a bench player with Sané and Gnabry on the left and right ? Before the season, I was thinking that he was so ahead of Gnabry, but now I'm wondering how the hell he declined so much in so short period of time.

His speed was and it's going to remain as his only great asset in his game. Neither his crossing has improved significantly, not to mention his shots - yes, there were some good times during the season, but still, in 7 of his 10 shots are high above the target.

Personally, if I were in the position of our bosses, I would seriously consider renewing his contract beyond 2023.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:39 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Early to think about it, but he'll turn to a bench player with Sané and Gnabry on the left and right ? Before the season, I was thinking that he was so ahead of Gnabry, but now I'm wondering how the hell he declined so much in so short period of time.

His speed was and it's going to remain as his only great asset in his game. Neither his crossing has improved significantly, not to mention his shots - yes, there were some good times during the season, but still, in 7 of his 10 shots are high above the target.

Personally, if I were in the position of our bosses, I would seriously consider renewing his contract beyond 2023.
Maybe we can turn him into RWB
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Seriously though, he isn't going to be anything more than a bench player. He has never been nearly to Ribéry and Robben in any possible football aspect and if he isn't the same thing or an upgrade to them, being a downgrade or 1-2 levels below them means we should turn to new solutions and look for new players who are going to improve us significantly.
I have nothing against him, sentiments aside, but this is not how Bayern's future should be planned. Either you play regularly, stay healthy and improve or you simply say thanks for everything and give a player something else, ie to look for a new environment where his luck might change.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby rthebest » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:13 am

I think his biggest problem is his fitness. He never stays fit enough to be able to improve his other aspects of his game. He had a decent first season under Pep and some good period of game under Jupp but Ancelotti and Kovac didn't help him.
Off topic: As good as Gnabry has been he still has long way to go to be a main attacking player for Bayern. His decision making is poor. it seems his head is always down and he doesn't know what is going on around him.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby aterford » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Depends on what happens with the manager position next season but I can take it or leave it right now. Perhaps more than any other player I've seen in recent memory he HAS to have just excellent management to get his best out of him. And I don't know if Flick is that guy for Coman (no disrespet to Flick, just not sure). So next season may be make or break for him....
Of course he still has all the physical gifts but it's quite worrisome to think back....remember when Jupp was here and there was a report that he wanted Coman to focus on something as basic as lifting his head when crossing the ball? And Coman's crosses immediately improved. It's kind of frightening then that a couple years later we have a 23 year old winger who still can't remember to look up to cross. Hahaha. And that doesn't even speak anything to his fitness problems...

Coman is still a good player but he just can't be relied on for fitness any more. I am sure I've said it (multiple times) before but it's stupid to approach squad planning under the assumption that he'll be fit and able to play. It's like taking a cross-country road trip with a tire that's been patched a dozen times and no spares. In addition to getting Sane, I have long held that we need one additional winger and Coman can fight for the 3/4 spot if he so desires. Still can be a useful player (we all know he is excellent against tired legs) but still has too many flaws and fitness concerns to be a reliable 90mins player.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:52 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion