You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Kingsley Coman [Kingsley Junior Coman]

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:32 pm

I mean that run was superb, but THAT finish? I honestly think I couldn’t have done it worse...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:39 pm

Does everything right except score and assist #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Played many good balls and seems to be growing to be a more intelligent player than just run down the wings and cross, hopefully the goals and assists come soon.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Played many good balls and seems to be growing to be a more intelligent player than just run down the wings and cross, hopefully the goals and assists come soon.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Not long ago I was complaining that he was making stupid decisions and he had no end product. Well, lately I think his decision-making has really improved, but he's just in one of those runs of form where no matter what he does the goals just won't come.

Though I will say: I kind of get the feeling that he just needs to get his confidence back - it seems like his poor finishing/end-product is largely mental, IMO. Feels like if he just gets one ball to fall the right way and he grabs a good goal, they will really start flowing...
Perhaps that's wishful thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me too much...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 am

aterford wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Played many good balls and seems to be growing to be a more intelligent player than just run down the wings and cross, hopefully the goals and assists come soon.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Not long ago I was complaining that he was making stupid decisions and he had no end product. Well, lately I think his decision-making has really improved, but he's just in one of those runs of form where no matter what he does the goals just won't come.

Though I will say: I kind of get the feeling that he just needs to get his confidence back - it seems like his poor finishing/end-product is largely mental, IMO. Feels like if he just gets one ball to fall the right way and he grabs a good goal, they will really start flowing...
Perhaps that's wishful thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me too much...

Lol! To be honest I am probably as delusional or "wishful" as you well put it as you are. Coman is doing the right things in my opinion but the last bit of luck that lets say Gnabry has been getting seems to allude him. Frankly I can't say Gnabry has been more outstanding than Coman outside of him getting the goals which in the end is all that matters for most, however it seems he has the golden boot and goals have been coming easier for him.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby zozon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 pm

America USA wrote:Coman has been underwhelming since he joined us from Juventus on Loan.

You must be blind. Because that Coman and this Coman are two different players.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Right, one of them is benching Mbappé!

Problem is you're the only one who can see him...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Coman: I’m never going to be a killer in front of goal [source]

“I’ve forced to be more present in front of goal and I’m creating more chances,” he told Le Parisien when asked if he felt he was becoming more effective in the penalty box this season.

“I don’t think I’ll ever be someone to score 30, 40 or 50 goals in a season. This instinct to be a killer in front of goal, it’s not natural to me, even if I work for it.

“I love creating goals. But I know that scoring is very important. So I’m strict with myself and I try to be more egotistical.

“I want to break my record of 12 goals in a season – to get more is my objective. I know that stats are very important but I don’t want to totally change my game and be in the box all the time. I’m a winger, my target is first and foremost to create. The team must be homogenous and there has to be different types of players.”

“It was a hard year because I had two operations and two long periods out on crutches that lasted seven or eight weeks,” he said. “And when you’re on crutches and you live because of your feet, there’s nothing you can do. And each time I took to the field, the ankle was sore.

“When I came back for the second time, I said that if I was injured for a third time, I could quit football, but I was emotional. Psychologically, I was very low but happily it did not last too long.”

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Hardrade » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Low confidence despite becoming a starter. Sounds like a guy that had been mismanaged lately. I wonder how that happened.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Hardrade wrote:Low confidence despite becoming a starter. Sounds like a guy that had been mismanaged lately. I wonder how that happened.

The guy suffered some terrible injuries in back to back seasons. Even with “good management” any normal 20 sumthin old young man would face some psychological set back after that, and most do for even less.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby zozon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Deisler rings a bell.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 pm

What's currently most impressive about Coman is that this must be probably the first time in his professional career where he hasn't been injured in so many consecutive matches.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:55 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:36 am

MaCk0y wrote:What's currently most impressive about Coman is that this must be probably the first time in his professional career where he hasn't been injured in so many consecutive matches.

Yikes. :|
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion