You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Postby Element » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Heynckes said that he took the decision to leave Bayern at the end of this season in Last Summer

And he told Hoeness that he would only stay for one extra year if Bayern fails to find an adequate replacement

However, Heynckes denied his retirement and said that his only decision was to leave bayern at the end of the season!!!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Hmh, the question is if he'll stay in management or not then. Might still stay in football without being a manager, y'know.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

I think he will retire for good.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he will retire for good.

Yeah me too. Wasn't he going to retire right after his stint with Leverkusen anyway?
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Mazen96 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he will retire for good.

Yeah me too. Wasn't he going to retire right after his stint with Leverkusen anyway?

No but he retired already quite a few years ago. Came back out of retirement to help Bayern after the Klinsmann disaster.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby AdepT » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:00 pm

^ That's what respectable about him. He loves Bayern and is such an admirable person.
I remember reading somewhere that Uli said that firing him in 1991 was a mistake and he still regrets his decision.
Found it!
Wiki excerpt :
Between 1987 and 1991, he managed Bayern Munich. He won the 1989 and 1990 German championships with the club. After the 1990 title Bayern had a major sell-out of star players which led to the team underperforming the following season, which led to Heynckes' contract being prematurely terminated, a decision the then Bayern commercial manager Uli Hoeneß regrets to date, and attributed it to pandering to a hostile press.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I just read that Heynckes wanted to continue in bayern, but he prefered to finish it, for give possibilities to bayern for sign Guardiola.

I feel that our directives really wanted to sign Guardiola, instead of giving Heynckes continuity. Thats for me is disgusting, how Heynckes was rejected again for other coach, as it happen with Van Gaal and now with the new one. Hopes it will not affect the motivations of Heynckes in the rest of this season.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby AdepT » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Heynckes has said it many times that he feels like retiring after this season.
He said that if Bayern wouldn't have been able to find a competent successor, he might have continued. But now that the perfect replacement has been found, he'll take his leave in June.

Do you really believe Uli who hardly makes mistakes regarding club decisions and is a good friend of Heynckes would make the same mistake again? Not a chance in hell or heaven.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

AdepT wrote:Heynckes has said it many times that he feels like retiring after this season.
He said that if Bayern wouldn't have been able to find a competent successor, he might have continued. But now that the perfect replacement has been found, he'll take his leave in June.

Do you really believe Uli who hardly makes mistakes regarding club decisions and is a good friend of Heynckes would make the same mistake again? Not a chance in hell or heaven.

Uli said that if he tried to convince Heynckes to stay, he will obtain his continuity, but he didn´t tried it.

For respect to his good friend and great coach (Heynckes), Uli was waiting his answer,about if he continue or not, but I believe that a NO as an answer was what Uli was waiting.

For me, Heynckes decide to retire because he feels that the directives didn´t try to convince him, also Guardiola was their really first option as the coach for the next season, instead of him.

And I still thinking that Heynckes, at least wanted to stay one year more.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

This story with Heynckes will stay unclear for me. Hoeneß said last year that he doesn't see anything weird to see Heynckes staying at Bayern for a longer period.

Similary, Heynckes said in those days how he feels great at Bayern that he could stay and coaching Bayern for next 5 years.

Last few days I've read that he decided to stay and then Hoeneß talked to him about Guardiola that it's the only chance to get him, but also that we have all agreed and signed with Pepe before Christmas. Not to forget that Jupp has stated that he'll decide in March about his future...

A lot of contradictions, weird stories, explanations(or I don't know what else) at the same time... :?

But now everything is clear, only we have to see how is gonna end it in 2012/13. Hopefully, with at least one title.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm

The simple fact is that with Heynckes, we have to speculate every year whether or not he's staying. After going through Klinsmann, Jupp, van Gaal, Jonker, Jupp again I think we deserve some continuity that Pep's three year contract provides (barring any meddling from high up, of course). That was always my concern with Heynckes and one of the main reasons I'm happy we got Pep of all managers.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 pm

The main obstacle of Heynckes for continue is his age. Very old to have a large process with him, but what the people didnt notice is that we have been in a process with him right now, it is his second year and he can continue for maybe two years more, instead the directive wants to begin a new process with a "young" coach, but that "young" coach, for me, will be only for three years here and then he will go EPL with Manu, where he really wants to be.

So we lost the opportunity to have a process of three or four years with Heynckes, only because Uli wants to begin another three year process with other coach, that for me is stupid.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm

I see it as the board didnt want to pass up a chance on acquiring a world class manager in Guardiola and Jupp didnt really pressure Uli or the board since he was probably contemplating retiring in the next 2 or 3 years. I dont think any side was hurt in this decision.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am

Firefox1234 wrote: I dont think any side was hurt in this decision.

Exactly. But somehow this end it looks ugly, in the first line for neutral football observers. Some friends and colleagues told me today how it was not fair to Heynckes and I could agree with these comments but if you are totally in with FCB, everything will end clear.

Let's just hope that Guardiola won't change too much things and do some unusual moves to our way of functioning.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 am

Personally I choose to believe the official story. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion