You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Joshua Kimmich [Joshua Walter Kimmich]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Joshua Kimmich

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:29 pm

If we could bring an experienced player like veratti. Then yes. Until now what I can say about him is that he puts a lot of passion in his play,but I ve seen big mistakes at Euro and also on our big games with Juve or Madrid.
Its a 50% . But my feeling is that he wont be next bastian muller or kroos.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Well, he always played out of position in those... Up until LvG came I didn't even think Fußballgott would become the player he then did...
Also he's young, German, and identifies with the club - things I doubt about Verratti (except age...)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 pm

If we rebuild the team then yes lets wait another 2 3 years, but will be nice if we could get other 3 4 young players, 2wings another striker. If we want to battle for UCL next year we must change something on our midfield. I dont think Thiago and Kimmich ( if ribbery and robben will play at least how they played this year) can take us further than semis. I think the board will go for a rebuild considering thiago and coman new contract. Probably they will go for some talents. Dont see them spending 150mils this summer. But if I will be Vidal, Lewy or Hummels I will not be very happy.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby aterford » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:14 pm

For me:
Play Kimmich at RB for the next season or two. Kimmich is young enough and smart enough that he will still be able to 'switch' to CM in a season or two. As a matter of fact, in a roundabout way I think playing RB could be beneficial for him as a midfielder. We all know he has plenty of talent offensively but at times he could use some work on his defending. Perhaps forcing him to work on that would make him a more complete mid in the long run.
Right now RB is for sure the clearest path into the team. He has Thiago, Vidal, Rudy, Sanches, Martinez perhaps, and Müller for 2-3 midfield spots (if we keep in 4-2-3-1 Thiago or Müller will presumably be behind the striker leaving 2 spots for Vidal/Rudy/Sanches/Martinez). Whereas at RB he has only Rafinha to beat - I know Rudy can play RB but everything the team has said has indicated he is coming here as a midfielder.
Right now, being on the pitch as a RB is far more valuable than being on the bench as a midfielder. Give him a season or two. Either he'll develop as a more complete player, or perhaps even we will discover he can very well be a world class RB, in which case he can stay there. If not, in a year or two's time I imagine Vidal or Rudy may be sold and could potentially clear the way for Thiago/Kimmich/Sanches in midfield.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

You know what's even more valuable? Being on the pitch as a midfielder :|

Sometimes I hate that he's versatile, I hate that everyone including Rummenigge and Ancelotti seems to have the illusion that he should just be an RB because he can play there. I don't want a German Sergi Roberto, I want a German Busquets.

Also, **** the other German RB's for being so shit, that Löw had to play him as RB so it seems like it's his position. To me this could be a disastrous waste of talent.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Yes... Also, buying a midfielder just to play the one we have at RB is a shit dumbass move... It's like buying Rafinha to play Lahm on the left (our boards initial budget solution, and we lucked out with Jupp playing Alaba left - and Alaba being able to do that...)
Stop the bullshit, get an RB, two wingers, and close the market...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ThiagoRises » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm

You guys will be disappointed again next season
ThiagoRises
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

ThiagoRises wrote:You guys will be disappointed again next season

OK can you fu##- off now cause you will get disappointed before as Atletico will eliminate your tm in two wks time

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ThiagoRises » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
ThiagoRises wrote:You guys will be disappointed again next season

OK can you fu##- off now cause you will get disappointed before as Atletico will eliminate your tm in two wks time

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Beta.
ThiagoRises
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:02 pm

It still seems likely to me that management is using Kimmich as a negotiating tool for a new RB... he's clearly a better DM than RB, Bayern knows that. His game on Saturday should have sealed his future (granted, against crappy Wolfsburg)...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

I keep reading this "crappy Wolfsburg" thing - which is true and I am usually the first to point this out... But we were shit in Darmstadt, shit in Ingolstadt, pretty much shit in Hamburg and in Leverkusen - so it's not always just to blame on the opponent
Ironically, in basically every goal fest we had (in Bundesliga), there was a certain #25 on the field as well...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Joshua Kimmich prefers to be Xabi Alonso's replacement rather than Philipp Lahm's replacement next season [TZ]

Despite KHR and Ancelotti announcing that Kimmich will replace Lahm, Bayern might be looking for a new right-back for next season [TZ]

Nice, let Sanches be Lahm's replacement...
JANCKER

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:42 pm

oh I definitely agree - I think Kimmich would have been an improvement over Alonso against pretty much any team. I actually think there are three players who should be starting (Kimmich, Thiago, Mueller) and two that shouldn't (Alonso, Vidal)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon May 01, 2017 4:59 pm

I don't like Kimmich to become a MF. We're overcrowded. We need to develop Renato, and start Thiago and Vidal. There's also the Javi option in MF (which I think is very likely now that we got Süle, and I would like us to get a proper CAM (James). Too overcrowded with or without a new midfielder.

Kimmich would best serve the club by becoming a Lahm successor (for which he is very well suited).

Lahm was a winger in his youth and his favorite player was Scholl, when he was changed to fullback he switched his favorite to Maldini. Alaba has always thought himself a MF, but he accepts that he is a FB for Bayern. Kimmich needs to undergo the same transformation.

Also, disregarding the actual quality of available RBs in the market, people are underestimating how complicated getting one this summer will be. Shitty, Juve, Barçand potentially Liverpool, United and others will all be looking for RBs this summer.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Achilles » Mon May 01, 2017 5:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Also, disregarding the actual quality of available RBs in the market, people are underestimating how complicated getting one this summer will be. Shitty, Juve, Barçand potentially Liverpool, United and others will all be looking for RBs this summer.

Juve unlikely to get a top-flight RB neither will Liverpool because they have Clyne who is a decent FB and United believe me they love Valencia especially after this season.

City are already in for K.Walker and Barca definitely will splash for RB. City+Bayern+Barca will be interesting.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion