You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby prasun77 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm

If you think for 2 mins..its not just a stat it signifies something..

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Finished Player
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 am

I thought he was pretty good today...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:47 am

aterford wrote:I thought he was pretty good today...

He looks fat and out of shape. His long balls suck and he passes straight to opponent defenders. Made errand too many times. Sorry but at this point a gamble has to be taken on a hungrier young player like Süle or Rudiger.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

agreed... not that player ratings are the end-all, but Bild has him as one of the "better" players from the match

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 pm

nm462272 wrote:

agreed... not that player ratings are the end-all, but Bild has him as one of the "better" players from the match

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The thing with player ratings is that the final score makes a big difference.

For example, a shot comes in from Kroos. A top corner freekick with power. If Ochoa fails to save, Kroos would get a good match rating, but because Ochoa saved then Ochoa gets a rating of 2 and Kroos gets a 5. Ochoa failing to save or not should play no part in Kroos' rating for such a great shot, I think. Not only that, had Kroos scored and the match ended 1-1, then suddenly everyone's rating would have shot up.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 pm

America USA wrote:

He looks fat and out of shape. His long balls suck and he passes straight to opponent defenders. Made errand too many times. Sorry but at this point a gamble has to be taken on a hungrier young player like Süle or Rudiger.

I have been down on Boateng for a while now, but if we're gonna single out either of our CBs....Hummels should be the first topic of discussion, he was far worse than Boateng yesterday, who was basically covering the whole backline by himself...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 pm

MUTU wrote:The thing with player ratings is that the final score makes a big difference.

For example, a shot comes in from Kroos. A top corner freekick with power. If Ochoa fails to save, Kroos would get a good match rating, but because Ochoa saved then Ochoa gets a rating of 2 and Kroos gets a 5. Ochoa failing to save or not should play no part in Kroos' rating for such a great shot, I think. Not only that, had Kroos scored and the match ended 1-1, then suddenly everyone's rating would have shot up.

well sure, of course that's true... i'm using the ratings for comparative purposes
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

nm462272 wrote:
MUTU wrote:The thing with player ratings is that the final score makes a big difference.

well sure, of course that's true... i'm using the ratings for comparative purposes

Yes yes I went off at a tangent. I found the excuse to voice my rant because this has been annoying me for a while. Goalkeeper saves should not factor in a player's rating IMO.

Team A are playing team B
Player X from team A forces the goalkeeper from team B into several miracle saves but the goalkeeper saves them all.
Player Y from team B does nothing all match but near the end takes a weak shot and the goalkeeper of team A does a De Gea and lets the ball slip into the net. The match finishes 1-0.

Chances are that player Y would get a higher rating than player X. Had the goalkeepers been switched around, player X would have had a much higher rating than player Y.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:28 pm

aterford wrote:
America USA wrote:

I have been down on Boateng for a while now, but if we're gonna single out either of our CBs....Hummels should be the first topic of discussion, he was far worse than Boateng yesterday, who was basically covering the whole backline by himself...

blaming either boateng or hummels for the reason every single midfielder didnt come back to help out defend is silly.
i thought both played great and i dont forget those last second tackle saves that u may forget, no help means, its tricky, and almost any top level forward will beat any top level defender most of the time on 1v1
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Sure, you're not wrong. I'm just saying of the two CBs, if there's one to criticize - Hummels had a worse performance than Boateng, regardless of what the midfield was doing (or wasn't! haha)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm

He is clearly overweight. It looks like he's retaining fluid.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 pm

RB624 wrote:He is clearly overweight. It looks like he's retaining fluid.

Since his last injury he seemed to be in pretty good shape, and back to his old fast himself. I did get this feeling though in the past, between his injuries, that he was simply overweight, and not in a "fat" way, but rather in an "I'm on juice and retaining lots of fluid" way.

Honestly, until his eventual injury against Madrid, he looked like our best defender, certainly on better form than Hummels. The fact though that the board is trying so hard to offload him may indicate that there is something really wrong with him either from health or a mentality point of view.

I somehow got the feeling in the past that all that time he had to spend on the sideline, he may have developed serious interests in other things and his head is just not in the game anymore.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 pm

I knew he had a disaster in him. Been telling the same since a while! And today it finally happened. Luckily for the Germans, Sweden were playing anti football and didn’t try to take advantage of being a man up.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Boateng at this World Cup. I don’t want him to have another Boateng moment in the Knockouts!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:32 pm

America USA wrote:I knew he had a disaster in him. Been telling the same since a while! And today it finally happened. Luckily for the Germans, Sweden were playing anti football and didn’t try to take advantage of being a man up.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Boateng at this World Cup. I don’t want him to have another Boateng moment in the Knockouts!

Oh, come on. Stupid foul(s), yeah, but FFS he was our most dangerous player in attack for half the match. Dude was threatening goal more than half our attackers.
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion