You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
60%
Rotated in midfield
19%
Very regularly in defence
7%
Rotated in defence
7%
Backup player wherever needed
7%
He should not play
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby icewizard » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 pm

aterford wrote:Great bit from Javi in the Players' Tribune today.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/javi- ... he-bandit/

Beautiful piece to read... Really nice from Javi to tell about his own life and feelings!
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:49 pm

really beautiful... hope we can have more of this from time to time .
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Anyone knows why he hasn't been called up to the national team since 28th March 2017? Why does Lopetegui not value him?

Because he missed him, by a year, I think. Javi was gone before Lopetegui climbed the ranks with Spain's under age national teams and Thiago took over the captancy from him. Lopetegui has been extremely successful by building upon the olympic teams he coached up until that U21 team that ran riot at the UEFA championship in Israel in 2013. That squad, which included De Gea, Isco, Morata and Carvajal among others, unfortunatelly, had just missed Javi a year before.

Lopetegui has kept the same substance and added (and drop) players like Iniesta, Fabregas, Koke and that skinny kid from Madrid over the years.

You might say, where Martinez became an integral part and later even a lab rat of Del Bosque's latter days as coach, he might be a surplus to Lopetegui's young but extremely cohese team that just might make it to Moscow this year.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

Javi Martinez on Sandro Wagner: "Whenever I came up against Sandro, I always knew: 'man, it's going to be uncomfortable today'. He reminds me of Mario Mandzukic.It's great that Sandro's now playing for us. He's definitely one of those players you'd rather be playing with than against" [SportBild]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tflags » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Javi Martinez on Sandro Wagner: "Whenever I came up against Sandro, I always knew: 'man, it's going to be uncomfortable today'. He reminds me of Mario Mandzukic.It's great that Sandro's now playing for us. He's definitely one of those players you'd rather be playing with than against" [SportBild]

I'm not sure Mandzukic's elbows can be compared to anyone's.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 pm

tflags wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Javi Martinez on Sandro Wagner: "Whenever I came up against Sandro, I always knew: 'man, it's going to be uncomfortable today'. He reminds me of Mario Mandzukic.It's great that Sandro's now playing for us. He's definitely one of those players you'd rather be playing with than against" [SportBild]

I'm not sure Mandzukic's elbows can be compared to anyone's.

Uhh... Chiellini's?

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 am

Javi Martinez confirms that he will be father for the second time: "I had two reasons to be happy tonight. At some point, I would like to have a whole football team" [SportBild]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Warum Javi Martinez für Bayern so wichtig ist

Ich glaube, ich bin verliebt [source]
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:05 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Javi Martinez: 'My dream is to backpack in Australia'
In this exclusive interview with DW, Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez talks about his upbringing, his relationship with head coach Jupp Heynckes and his potential basketball career.DW: In football, you need big stars and star players, but you also need players in the background. How is life in the shadows?

Javi Martinez: I don't mind it when other people are on the front page of the newspapers and are making the headlines. I'm happy with that. I know that I have to do the hard work, the work that maybe people don't look at so much, but I don't care. That's my job. I just want to help the team, to give the opportunity to my teammates to play the way they need to. I'm happy doing that.

Would you consider yourself a humble professional then?

Yes, of course. I think being humble is one of the most important things in a sporting life. I know where I've come from. I've worked a lot, and my parents have worked a lot for me, so I have to keep humble.

You have given a lot of credit to your brother Alvaro for helping make you the player you are today. Could you elaborate on that?

Some people have idols like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, but my brother was my idol. When I was eight or nine, my brother played for Athletic Bilbao in the reserve side, and to play for Bilbao was my dream. I used to watch his games and travel around the north of Spain, and I would say to myself: 'I want to be like him, and play like him.' He was my mirror, my example for everything. There were some funny moments. When I was younger I wanted to be a goalkeeper and Alvaro told me that if I could save one penalty out of 10 against him, then I could be a goalkeeper. I had no chance. I had to be an outfield player.

He also helped you move to Bilbao. Tell us about that.When I moved to Bilbao, it was a big change for me. Before, I was living with my parents and my family in my hometown and I knew everything around me. But when I moved, it was a new life, a new city. I only asked for one thing when I signed the contract; that my brother could come with me. At the time, he was playing for a team in Barcelona, but he left it all to come with me, along with his girlfriend. That wasn't easy for him and I appreciate and thank him for that, as it was very helpful for me.

But isn't it true that you almost didn't become a footballer? We've read that you were a very promising basketball player, and also thought of becoming a travel writer!

You're right! I was pretty good at basketball when I was young, and I had to choose between basketball and football… maybe you could have been talking with an NBA player now! With regards to the travel writing, I love traveling around the world and taking pictures. I would love to go to Australia and travel with a backpack for three months. I have heard it can sometimes be dangerous, but I don't think so. That is my dream.

Back to football: Since Jupp Heynckes' return, you have moved back in to the midfield. How has he helped you in your career?

I have to thank Jupp, because he was the one who brought me here six years ago. A transfer fee of €40 million ($49.2 million) was a lot of money for a 23-year-old, and he gave me a lot of confidence. I needed some time at first to adapt myself to the team, but in the first game I was available to play and I was already on the pitch. I only played 20 minutes, but it was good for me to get into good shape and it helped. Not just for me, but for the whole side, he is like a father. He tries to protect us all the time and I think that is good for us.

That is something that is encapsulated by "Mia San Mia." What does that phenomenon mean to you? Is it easy for players coming in to accept and adopt that mentality?

Some players accept it and some players don't but it was easy for me because it is similar to Athletic. It's like a big family here. We have a great feeling together. We have great relationships, not just between the players, but also the board and directors. When we need something, we can call them and they will do everything to help us. We feel like we are at home, and that is the most important aspect of "Mia San Mia."This is a big year, with the World Cup coming up. There is a lot of depth in the Spanish squad. What do you think your chances are of being on the plane to Russia?

I know it is difficult. There are many good players in Spain and the competition is tough. But I trust my conditioning and I will try and do everything to be there. Hopefully I can help my team. It's a dream to play at a World Cup, and this would be my third, so hopefully I will be there.
DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 am

I simply love the guy! Great destroyer, athletic, hustling on the pitch for every ball, great technique, looks for the right pass, very good anticipation and plays his heart for Bayern whenever he is called in every position while as personality he strikes me as a great humble guy that I could have a beer and have a nice friendly conversation.

His performance against BVB at the CL final is truly a DM masterclass, he literally single handedly kept us in the game in the first quarter.
Javi amigo, turn it up a notch from now on and let's kick some @ss once again if you catch your peak I don't fear any midfield!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am

If he weren't hit so badly with injuries he would be the one hailed as the premier modern destroyer, not Casemiro.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 am

6pack @Javi
https://twitter.com/Javi8martinez/statu ... 58720?s=19

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Obligatory "unlucky" moment in a big game.
But hey, that Rückrunde 5 years ago surely was **** awesome.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 pm

bastos80 wrote:Obligatory "unlucky" moment in a big game.
But hey, that Rückrunde 5 years ago surely was **** awesome.

Don't forget that last minute goal vs Chelsea....woo!
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion