You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby ander_ct » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Well as you can see, I joined the forum on 2012 but I am fan since 2006. When James arrived at Munich I was sure fans was gonna increase a lot, but obviously they are fans of James not Bayern (like the "fans" of Monaco or Juventus for Falcao or Cuadrado), I guess some of them still supporting the club after James leave, but Colombia and Latin America people are normally Barcelona and Madrid kind of fans.

One of the most beautiful things, it's the appreciation of Bundesliga now, that's make me happy
IN BAYERN WE TRUST
ander_ct
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Columbia

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm

many spanish and portugiese players prefer to play in spain, yoo hoo, same as it ever was
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Larhm » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:17 pm

prasun77 wrote:
aterford wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Has the bayern fanbase increased in colombia after signing james?

I think we could safely assume so...I can't say for Colombia specifically but if you at least look at social media following (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc), Bayern's numbers went THROUGH THE ROOF immediately after signing James

I'm very concerned regarding our declining fanbase..I mean in numbers we are increasing but in % we are decreasing..and that too in alarming rates..
That is one reason I want us to sign more and more non-german players..
Let's be honest the only german players who did something for our fanbase was Neuer,Schweinsteiger and Muller. Even Hummels,Lahm,Boateng had negligible impact outside germany. In fact what annoys me is so many people go gaga over maldini and don't think much of Lahm..I haven't met a single "Lahm fan" as yet and thats very annoying and frustrating..That being said we are very established in germany and practically rule germany single handedly..we need to do an awful lot outside Germany though..
Like lewy got us a huge settled fanbase from poland, alaba had a huge impact in austria..vidal's effect is still cascading but it was also a huge plus..
There were a few misses like robben didn't increase our dutch fanbase at all..ribery was a dud..thiago and martinez..nothing ..neither were expected..
James had an impact in social media..I also observed but at ground level I am expecting huge things from him..He has a huge following in China as well so that could be a plus..

Lahm has no fans, are you serious? Ribery was a dud, what dud? Where did you get all those info from? Your bum? :lol:
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

prasun77 wrote:That's the thing..these bandwagon fans if james stays long enough..minimum 5 years ..most of them become permanent fans..that's how the fan following grows..
That is also a reason I insist on signing dybala and griezmann..they will do much more for us than draxler in his lifetime can..

As MUTU said those bandwagon plastic fans can fu¢k off! I know many people who started supporting Man City only after 2012 and I also know many people who started supporting Bayern in 2013. :roll:

I could care less if those Chinese/Indian/African/American fans stopped rooting for Bayern and found a new team to cheer for.

Finally, You’re from India, aren’t you? If my knowledge serves me right Football fans in that country are already a serious minority and in that minority 95% of Indian football “fans” support either Real, Barca or one of the PL top six clubs. So I’m guessing that you hang around a lot of those plastics in India (provided that you know any Football fans in that nation obsessed with one sport only)

EDIT: I just read that part you typed about German players (Lahm, Hummels, etc.) and non-German players. Sorry bro, but winning trophies gets you fans. If Bayern again do the treble this season I bet some of those PL fanboys in India would suddenly become Bayern fans. I don’t care if Bayern field a starting 11 of all Germans so long as they keep winning. Also, Bayern have never and possibly will never rely on signing flashy players just for the sake of it. James is a great talent and that’s why he’s at Bayern. The fact that he is getting new fans for the club is an added bonus.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Larhm wrote:
Lahm has no fans, are you serious? Ribery was a dud, what dud? Where did you get all those info from? Your bum? :lol:

You either don't want to understand or simply don't have the capacity to understand things which are pretty simple..In either case there is no point arguing..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm

America USA wrote:As MUTU said those bandwagon plastic fans can fu¢k off! I know many people who started supporting Man City only after 2012 and I also know many people who started supporting Bayern in 2013. :roll:

I could care less if those Chinese/Indian/African/American fans stopped rooting for Bayern and found a new team to cheer for.

Finally, You’re from India, aren’t you? If my knowledge serves me right Football fans in that country are already a serious minority and in that minority 95% of Indian football “fans” support either Real, Barca or one of the PL top six clubs. So I’m guessing that you hang around a lot of those plastics in India (provided that you know any Football fans in that nation obsessed with one sport only)

EDIT: I just read that part you typed about German players (Lahm, Hummels, etc.) and non-German players. Sorry bro, but winning trophies gets you fans. If Bayern again do the treble this season I bet some of those PL fanboys in India would suddenly become Bayern fans. I don’t care if Bayern field a starting 11 of all Germans so long as they keep winning. Also, Bayern have never and possibly will never rely on signing flashy players just for the sake of it. James is a great talent and that’s why he’s at Bayern. The fact that he is getting new fans for the club is an added bonus.

I think you are seeing the financial side of it when you are talking about fans..I am very concerned about that..the more people who cheer for us our income would be proportional..you are smart enough to know "how" so I wouldn't explain "how".
Not everybody in India is a plastic certainly not..in the USA maybe but in India ..NO.. there are but not as many as you would imagine..Indian fans are indeed diehard fans..well most of them..
If winning trophies would get us fans then Liverpool and Arsenal would have been wiped out from asia and usa by now..not contradicting it but trying to make you see that there's more to it.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm

You assume a fan of a player provides Bayern with as much income as a fan of the club. Don't have anything to back my claims but my guesstimate is a fat no.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:14 pm

I am looking at it in a different way..
My assumption here is that fan of a player becomes a naturalized fan of a club if the player stays long term..say 5 years..
Secondly, fan of a plyer will buy jerseys of a player all the limited merchandises of a player..watch the games of that player and as a result generate more interest in the team and the league ..also person who sees james will also see neuer or lewandowski or muller and maybe start liking them..while previously he didn't watch bayern at all or didn't know a thing about how good they actually are as he didn't watch them and all these factors have a cascading effect..
Admit it..except the germans or people whose fathers/relatives have been fans rest all became fan of bayern starting with a certain player..ballackfcb comes to mind..then that effenberg user comes to mind..you may have come through one player too..I personally got to know about bayern from kahn and becaming a fan due to muller in the 2010 world cup..but if before that time an Indian player would have been purchased by united or city then who knows..do you understand now?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Larhm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 pm

prasun77 wrote:
Larhm wrote:

You either don't want to understand or simply don't have the capacity to understand things which are pretty simple..In either case there is no point arguing..

Yes, thats right. Threw a bunch of sweeping statements and called others stupid for not agreeing with you. =D>
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 pm

MUTU wrote:You assume a fan of a player provides Bayern with as much income as a fan of the club. Don't have anything to back my claims but my guesstimate is a fat no.

I think short term you are wrong. Probably fans of a player buy more merchandise of a player than most fans buy of a club. Obviously in the long run the real fans are more beneficial.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:You assume a fan of a player provides Bayern with as much income as a fan of the club. Don't have anything to back my claims but my guesstimate is a fat no.

I think short term you are wrong. Probably fans of a player buy more merchandise of a player than most fans buy of a club. Obviously in the long run the real fans are more beneficial.

Fans of a player like James Rodriguez are likely to be Colombian and are more likely to buy the Colombian NT shirt with James on the back than FC Bayern's kit.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Fans of a player like James Rodriguez are likely to be Colombian and are more likely to buy the Colombian NT shirt with James on the back than FC Bayern's kit.

Not necessarily. If they are willing to start following a club just because he plays for them (and maybe even stop following his previous club), they might get a shirt of the new club with his name, not to mention other player-related merchandise.

I know someone who used to be like that with Beckham. He'd get club shirts, and more than one too. Eventually he remained a Real fan so prasun may be on to something.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria