You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby The Black Cleaver » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Pep was right!
And I don't understand why Volker Braun left Bayern????! Younger doctor with different methods. And the most funny thing is, that Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt came back... lol. :shock:
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:18 am

The club doctor has to have a look into the injury crisis that seems to be happening every year after year and at the exact same time as well!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:32 am

Same sh*t, different toilet. The witch doctor's methods continue to let us down time after time after time after time, but he's Uli's friend and Usain Bolt says he's a good doctor and he's been with the club a long time, so, he's untouchable.
Mark it down. Things won't get any better for us on the injury front as long as we keep providing steady employment for this guy.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:38 am

Want to take a bet that Carvajal will play in the return leg but Robben and Boateng will be out for the season?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Want to take a bet that Carvajal will play in the return leg but Robben and Boateng will be out for the season?

I'd do you one better and wager that Carvajal will play and somehow Boateng and Robben will still be "close to a return" in late August
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 4:37 am

So, anyone feel like revisiting this one?
Is the good doctor still a living legend? Best doctor in the world?

Or perhaps more simply stated:

Do you believe our medical staff is as competent as other top teams'?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby endrity » Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 am

It's difficult to say given the limited amount of information we as fans have regarding what happens in the training rooms. But we have had too many injuries at this exact point for the last 4-5 years.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 am

aterford wrote:So, anyone feel like revisiting this one?
Is the good doctor still a living legend? Best doctor in the world?

Or perhaps more simply stated:

Do you believe our medical staff is as competent as other top teams'?
Too soon?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 8:21 am

I don't know if it's due to his methods but someone needs to take responsibility when after a few months of regular football players consistently start going down, and when comebacks keep getting delayed all the time for every single injury.

I don't know if getting a new medical team will change anything but the current one is not delivering and we have to try something else.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:23 am

MUTU wrote:Image

All these years :shock: :shock:
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Isabella » Wed May 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Well changing doctor will not change anything in the infirmary... MW was not the Bayern doctor in the last two seasons (15-16 and 16-17) and came back only in November. After he left the medical situation of Bayern changed?
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Isabella wrote:Well changing doctor will not change anything in the infirmary... MW was not the Bayern doctor in the last two seasons (15-16 and 16-17) and came back only in November. After he left the medical situation of Bayern changed?

Well, that's the thing. If you look at the time he was gone, our medical situation didn't get worse at all, and in some regards it actually improved and got worse again when he returned.

Still: if the best we can say is "nothing changed while he was gone", is that really much of a strong argument for keeping him?

I would ask it like this. Open question for anybody, not just you specifically.

1. What do we stand to gain by keeping HWMW and our current staff? What do we stand to lose if we keep HWMW and our current medical staff?
or, conversely,
2. What do we stand to lose by hiring a new medical staff and head doctor? What do we stand to gain?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am

I really doubt we can get any worse. Probably we would be better off not having a medical team and sending players to private doctors.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I really doubt we can get any worse. Probably we would be better off not having a medical team and sending players to private doctors.

My thinking is that, as they say, "if you keep doing what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

Whether it's fair or not - if HWMW didn't have the 'clout' or 'name recognition' we all know he'd have been canned long ago. Does anybody honestly believe a less famous doctor (and one who isn't buddies with the club bigwigs) would be able to keep a job in light of what we've been through? I seriously doubt it. That's some impressive job security, if so.

So.....I agree. I doubt things can get much worse.
I would ask others:
If we can our current medical staff (and perhaps training staff too!) and get a new "cutting edge" "new school" medical staff in here, what is there to lose? Do people really think our medical situation will get worse by introducing more modern and advanced medical techniques to the mix? I look at clubs like RBL and Hoffenheim who are doing blood tests on players after every match and training. Look at risk/reward. We stand to lose nothing by implementing such a technique. But we stand to gain a lot. or consider Mario Götze. I'm not a doctor (yet :wink: ) but it's my understanding that myopathy doesn't just appear overnight. Götze's fitness late in his tenure at Bayern was abysmal and "Fat Mario Götze" was basically a meme. Yet we thought nothing was wrong. He gets to Dortmund after three years at Bayern and within months they realize he's got a career-threatening condition. Why didn't our staff ever notice?
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion