You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby tflags » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:A side note: Süddeutsche just published an article saying that even though there was a doctor installed at the Säbener Straße at Guardiola's request, the players still drove to Müller-Wohlfahrt's place in the city when they were injured instead of consulting the doctor right at hand.

Good luck installing that kind of trust with an entirely new and unknown medical team.

All doctors have their offices linked to clinics filled with diagnostic equipment. You can't expect Bayern to have MRI equipment on site for 44 guys give or take. This comment is ridiculous.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:52 pm

tflags wrote:
RedQueen wrote:A side note: Süddeutsche just published an article saying that even though there was a doctor installed at the Säbener Straße at Guardiola's request, the players still drove to Müller-Wohlfahrt's place in the city when they were injured instead of consulting the doctor right at hand.

Good luck installing that kind of trust with an entirely new and unknown medical team.

All doctors have their offices linked to clinics filled with diagnostic equipment. You can't expect Bayern to have MRI equipment on site for 44 guys give or take. This comment is ridiculous.

Agreed. MRI machines are expensive. Also you need to have the staff to administer them. HWMW can look at the result of the MRI but doesn't mean he runs the test.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:54 pm

One of the doctors of his team was installed at the Säbener Street.

An MRI says nothing about treatments, but it clearly isn't a "medieval, scientifically unproven method", as has been claimed.

And if there's something "incohesive" then it's the premise that for every diagnosis you have to use an MRI and have to travel to the city anyway. If that is the case you don't need a doctor at the Säbener Street.

I'm out of this discussion now. The disrespect for Müller-Wohlfahrt and everyone lauding his achievements and employing his services, based on nothing but conjectures and half-baked newspaper articles and quotes taken out of context sickens me.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 pm

The old GE run for around 300k. The new flat table by Siemmens costs 150 give or take. The old GE, however, are a thousand times more reliable than the German sourced Siemmens.

Don't you dare accuse me of going off topic.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Machiavellico » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 pm

RedQueen wrote:
I'm out of this discussion now. The disrespect for Müller-Wohlfahrt and everyone lauding his achievements and employing his services, based on nothing but conjectures and half-baked newspaper articles and quotes taken out of context sickens me.

From all the people I see around here, you are the only one with the blood boilling. Take a breath and calm down a bit. How do you know on what premises someone bases their argument? Can you tell by merely looking at their name or country what they have read before they posted here?
Last edited by Machiavellico on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

RedQueen wrote:And if there's something "incohesive" then it's the premise that for every diagnosis you have to use an MRI and have to travel to the city anyway. If that is the case you don't need a doctor at the Säbener Street.

Because not every injury will require an MRI. Those which do, will require the player to travel. This is normal. The presence of the doctor is there to give treatment that doesn't require MRI. Plus, if someone has only slightly been bruised in training you can pat them on the back and tell them they can continue training rather than having them stop training and travel just to be told it's some superficial cut.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 pm

tflags wrote:Don't you dare accuse me of going off topic.

OK, but it's Siemens not Siemmens :P
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:06 pm

RedQueen wrote:And if there's something "incohesive" then it's the premise that for every diagnosis you have to use an MRI and have to travel to the city anyway. If that is the case you don't need a doctor at the Säbener Street.

Lady, what's wrong with you? Germans are the pioneers of business law requiring buildings and or companies of certain size to keep a first aid center in house along with other care taking facilities. Do you expect a 600 plus center with people kicking at each other for a living not to have one? And how exactly do you propose to diagnose anything from meniscus to torn ligaments; the bread and butter of traumologists? Cut the guy open every time his knee hurts?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:09 pm

MUTU wrote:

I am just paying homage to Element who came back to the forum recently. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:15 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I am just paying homage to Element who came back to the forum recently. :P

Trust him to butt in when we're talking about doctors :)
PS: You went off-topic! :D
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

I've just found some info about him on Wiki... In 2013 he treated Juve duo Chiellini and Pepe for knee injuries !
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

MUTU wrote:Agreed. MRI machines are expensive. Also you need to have the staff to administer them. HWMW can look at the result of the MRI but doesn't mean he runs the test.

100%
1-MRIs are Expensive
2-You need Radiology Technicians to run the Machines
3-You Need 1 Radiologist to read the result (most of the Time , Orthopedic Doctors can Interpret MRIs by themselves , but when the image is not clear or Tricky , you need a Radiologist to read it for you and give his Report)

4-they are very helpful but they are not actually they main regimen for Diagnoses , Fractures are diagnosed via X-Ray , Cruciate Ligament injuries are mainly diagnosed via Physical Examination

tflags wrote:I am just paying homage to Element who came back to the forum recently

Thanks man , Am Overwhelmed :P
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Jorge » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:39 pm

I believe that engaging in the type of discussion whether this medical staff is the best that Bayern can have or not is almost irrelevant, it could be the case that Bayern hires a better medical staff, it could be the case that it won't be the case. This is not the first time in these 40 years that HWMW parts ways with Bayern Munich, after 40 years it might be the case that it is time for a change, it might be the case that the organization could suffer because all the inside knowledge of the club could be irreplaceable. This is the type of things that can't be measured by stats.

The point that many are missing is that there are things happening behind the scenes that don't smell good. It would be different if HWMW had announced that he was leaving at the end of the season, when this happens under these circumstances, after losing convincingly against a team that we thought was manageable and some indications that Pep was particularly unhappy with the medical staff one has to wonder all the friction behind the scenes.

The fact is that Rummenigge did claim that the injuries were the reason for losing against Porto when in reality we fielded a team that in my opinion matched player by player the opponent. It is a fact that Pep acted sarcastically when Benatia got injured. If I have to take a guess there is a lot happening behind the scenes, Pep is a polarizing figure and he has changed a lot of things in the club to have it his way, something that many other coaches never did, probably the last one who wanted to do it was Klinsmann and he was shown the highway. Rummenigge seems to be behind Pep on everything that he does and this can be problematic, a president somehow needs to know how to balance things around to maintain harmony in a cooperative work environment and this is not happening.

Although I fully understand that a coach having support from the higher ups is important we can't lose perspective that Pep took over a winning organization with a proven structure that worked and one thing is enhancing it, another dismantling it to shape it your way.

Maybe I am wrong but all along I have been under the impression that a demolition like Real Madrid's last year was going to repeat again, Wolfsburg had sent the message already. Pep's Bayern can perfectly turn the tie around next week but it can perfectly get demolished by Porto with a historical trashing since this is the type of drama that you do not want right before such an important game.
Last edited by Jorge on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby nm462272 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:42 pm

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Dr. H-W M-W, despite having some "unconventional methods", has been a fixture with FC Bayern for nearly 40 years, and has the utmost trust and respect in the athletic community. He at least deserves OUR respect for the time and effort he's put into the team we love...

Whether or not he's to blame for the injury crisis, we can't say for sure. But what we can agree upon is that this should have all waited until the end of the season... this is the WRONG time for this to happen.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Machiavellico wrote:Wasn't his son the doctor which assisted on MW's behalf at Bayern's daily activities?

Yep. This was announced in January. His son Kilian was supposed to be present in every team training. In Doha he broke his wrist or arm (don't remember which one) and was forced to fly home earlier than the team did.

I don't know, maybe HWMW was planning to step down already back then?
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion