You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gerd Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Gerd Müller

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Yes and also shook his hand as well. He was very accessible, many of the young foreigners around just passed him by without even realising who he was.
That what the greatest highlight of the otherwise disappointing visit in May 2012 ( :-$ for the game that shouldn't be mentioned)
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:12 pm

You really had an honor to met him and talked to him in four eyes. That's something special, though. Too bad I never had a chance to meet any of Bayern, or at least Bundesliga, legends.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Yes and also shook his hand as well. He was very accessible, many of the young foreigners around just passed him by without even realising who he was.
That what the greatest highlight of the otherwise disappointing visit in May 2012 ( :-$ for the game that shouldn't be mentioned)
Do you have a photo?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:42 pm

I still cannot forgive myself to this day that I didn't take a picture with him that day but I shot this video when this group took over from me after they found out who he was.
The thing is that I was alone during that visit when I saw him quietly chatting with a couple of other elderly men (that you see later on in the video) on one of those benches near the shop. I tried to be as brief as possible and let him on his business and stupid me was still so stunned to have met him, that it escaped me to ask to take us a photo after that group took over.

I will not leave the video for too much long

*Update: Video deleted, instead I'm uploading this still from ite

Last edited by Bayernbazi on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I still cannot forgive myself to this day that I didn't take a picture with him that day but I shot this video when this group took over from me after they found out who he was.
The thing is that I was alone during that visit when I saw him quietly chatting with a couple of other elderly men (that you see later on in the video) on one of those benches near the shop. I tried to be as brief as possible and let him on his business and stupid me was still so stunned to have met him, that it escaped me to ask to take us a photo after that group took over.

Jahasra! I really love this man... as someone had said, without him there will not FC Bayern

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Isabella » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:I still cannot forgive myself to this day that I didn't take a picture with him that day but I shot this video when this group took over from me after they found out who he was.

Jahasra! I really love this man... as someone had said, without him there will not FC Bayern

And that someone was likely the Kaiser himself (or was Hoeness?)
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am

Isabella wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jahasra! I really love this man... as someone had said, without him there will not FC Bayern

And that someone was likely the Kaiser himself (or was Hoeness?)

It was Beckenbauer who said that. We should appreciate that it was thanks to the Kaiser and Uli's efforts in the early 90's, that saved him from a downward slide into a lonely and alcoholic life and the same fate as another great of their time - George Best.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion