You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic player & staff discussion

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 16003
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5428 times
Been thanked: 3487 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:22 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I have no idea how Kimmich ended up in that lineup. He has been amazingly average in midfield against subpar opposition
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 863 times
Been thanked: 1058 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 16003
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5428 times
Been thanked: 3487 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am

Niko Kovač has named a team committee of 6 players that will represent the rest of the team and have the say in the dressing room. In addition to the 3 captains Neuer, Müller and Lewandowski, the representatives are also Thiago, Joshua Kimmich and David Alaba [SportBild]

Thiago will also represent the Spanish speaking players. Kimmich represents the younger generation.
Kovač explains his choice: "Thiago is a leader on and off the pitch. Alaba worked his way up for a long time. Joshua Kimmich also represents the younger generation" [SportBild]
Kovac OUT!!!

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8468
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 3846 times
Been thanked: 4092 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby Machiavellico » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:26 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Niko Kovač has named a team committee of 6 players that will represent the rest of the team and have the say in the dressing room. In addition to the 3 captains Neuer, Müller and Lewandowski, the representatives are also Thiago, Joshua Kimmich and David Alaba [SportBild]

Thiago will also represent the Spanish speaking players. Kimmich represents the younger generation.
Kovač explains his choice: "Thiago is a leader on and off the pitch. Alaba worked his way up for a long time. Joshua Kimmich also represents the younger generation" [SportBild]


In a company with hundreds of employees, sure, this sounds good, but for a squad with merely 18 players???

Shouldn't he be communicative enough to ensure that each and every player can come to him with anything they have in their mind? What is this political party shit he's trying to put on? Is talking with his players so difficult that he requires intermediaries?

This guy...
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 476 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 16003
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5428 times
Been thanked: 3487 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:28 am

Machiavellico wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Niko Kovač has named a team committee of 6 players that will represent the rest of the team and have the say in the dressing room. In addition to the 3 captains Neuer, Müller and Lewandowski, the representatives are also Thiago, Joshua Kimmich and David Alaba [SportBild]

Thiago will also represent the Spanish speaking players. Kimmich represents the younger generation.
Kovač explains his choice: "Thiago is a leader on and off the pitch. Alaba worked his way up for a long time. Joshua Kimmich also represents the younger generation" [SportBild]


In a company with hundreds of employees, sure, this sounds good, but for a squad with merely 18 players???

Shouldn't he be communicative enough to ensure that each and every player can come to him with anything they have in their mind? What is this political party shit he's trying to put on? Is talking with his players so difficult that he requires intermediaries?

This guy...

Let's not be too harsh just because it's Kovac. This system was in place until recently, if I'm not mistaken until around the time Ancelotti left. Pep also had a team council.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36639
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11543 times
Been thanked: 9181 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:43 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Let's not be too harsh just because it's Kovac. This system was in place until recently, if I'm not mistaken until around the time Ancelotti left. Pep also had a team council.

Lahm was the boss who spoke for 7 years in the club and I guess Schweinsteiger along with him. So it's nothing new except we have now 3-4 players appointed to do this.

Nothing weird to see Neuer, Lewandowski, Thiago and Kimmich in these roles. club hierarchy is a normal thing everywhere, in fact - necessary.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8886
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 3666 times
Been thanked: 3394 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:19 am

In Jupp's time...Lahm Basti and Neuer
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41119
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28530 times
Been thanked: 6005 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 pm

No problems with the hierarchy... But with the numbnut deciding what it’s like...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18643
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 919 times
Been thanked: 4380 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Wait... So Thiago is the representative of the Spanish players... Which are... Him and Javi? Thiago is a representative of Thiago and Javi? xD

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6731
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2989 times
Been thanked: 2622 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm

If we leave the discussion about the coach alone,

this year we have more competitive team, not perfect, but more competitive. It's not like have to watch the painfully obvious slow game of Ribery and Robben while Gnabry or Coman can't play or have to rest. Pavard is great, Lucas does not let anyone pass him, and the best thing is that we managed to keep Boateng, because it's obvious that we still need him. Coutinho is doing great so far, Müller is great as a super-sub, while Lewandowski is scoring like machine.

On top of that, we have young guys who can make some impact right away - Davies and Cuisance. Both of them are extremely talanted, and I've got not problems of seeing him against almost any opponent.

What we miss to be a serious Champions League contender ? We all know that - another WC singning for the wings and the "older" version of Cuisance, in which he can control the whole midfield.

How close you guys think that we came to our dream goal ?
Kovac OUT!!!

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8468
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 3846 times
Been thanked: 4092 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:38 am

Not just those two and quite frankly, I think Cuisance is another Rode...

This competition, and I think people should realize that, is way harder to predict than Bundesliga... You can have a run to the SF or even the final if you’re REALLY lucky (because also other games have to be drawn in a way to leave an easy opponent for you in the next round...) - but by squad strength we are nowhere near top 4 so QF... That said if we’re unlucky like last year we could also go out sooner...
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18643
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 919 times
Been thanked: 4380 times
Gender: Male

Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:37 am

IsiahRashad wrote:How close you guys think that we came to our dream goal ?


What concerns me is the possibility that we seem better only because of certain players’ current form.

I think we’re looking significantly better than last season, and if that trend keeps up we should be able to make the QF and maybe (not a very big chance) even the SF. Our team is not yet good enough to win it or beat the real top teams, so it would take a lot of luck to actually win it or make the final. BUT also, the traditional top teams are all struggling at this point in the season. We’ll have to see whether they get their act together too, because truthfully, in current form of each team, we can definitely beat all of them.

If however the current improvement (which is still a far cry from the Bayern of a few years ago btw) is more down to form than Kovac getting his act together slowly (or even Flick), then I don’t really expect better than last season.
Kovac OUT!!!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36639
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 11543 times
Been thanked: 9181 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:How close you guys think that we came to our dream goal ?


What concerns me is the possibility that we seem better only because of certain players’ current form.

I think we’re looking significantly better than last season, and if that trend keeps up we should be able to make the QF and maybe (not a very big chance) even the SF. Our team is not yet good enough to win it or beat the real top teams, so it would take a lot of luck to actually win it or make the final. BUT also, the traditional top teams are all struggling at this point in the season. We’ll have to see whether they get their act together too, because truthfully, in current form of each team, we can definitely beat all of them.

If however the current improvement (which is still a far cry from the Bayern of a few years ago btw) is more down to form than Kovac getting his act together slowly (or even Flick), then I don’t really expect better than last season.
Which teams are doing crazy things?
Juve
Real
Barca
Atl Madrid
Tott H
All struggling.

City , Pool , PSG are ok
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 41119
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 28530 times
Been thanked: 6005 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests