You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Corentin Tolisso

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:31 pm

i think he does fine in a 433 or a 4231[/quote]He does decently enough. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that those formations don't have a role for him *because we have better players for the roles he can fulfill in those formations*. As a midfielder, Thiago, Vidal, Javi are all unarguably better, while Goretzka is also likely better. As a 10 James is King. As a SS Müller is King. No way Tolisso can start big games in any of those 3 roles.

In whatever case (4231 or 433), Javi and James should be automatic starters for the 3 midfield positions (including the CAM in 4231), then Tolisso has to dispute the last position with Thiago, Vidal and Göretzka. He is not starting ahead of those 3.*

He has a great capacity in the box though, so we might want to convert to a formation that can accommodate him as a starter, which IMO means a wingerless system (which is desirable anyway because we don't have pure WC wingers anyway).

* All of this asumes Müller plays as a RW. If you also want Müller to play centrally (which I disagree with on a 4231/433/4141 because it produces unbalancing or means benching James), then Tolisso DEFINITELY can't start.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk[/quote]
i dont think we bought him to be an instant starter for us. i think we bought him to develop him, as vidal and javi are getting older. he has showed that he works hard and already shows improvement. i think tolisso has a bright future in our midfield. as for game time now, we are rotating alot anyway so im not scared of him getting no game time, but i do hope he gets a little more now we won the league cause he show so much dedication and the right mindset.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:i dont think we bought him to be an instant starter for us. i think we bought him to develop him, as vidal and javi are getting older. he has showed that he works hard and already shows improvement. i think tolisso has a bright future in our midfield. as for game time now, we are rotating alot anyway so im not scared of him getting no game time, but i do hope he gets a little more now we won the league cause he show so much dedication and the right mindset.

Still, my point stands, that we are not making an optimal use of our squad. Tolisso could be key NOW if accommodated under the kind of system I'm proposing, and that system would also help fix our problem of lacking wingers.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Or maybe we don't just play with 11 players and it's helpful to have someone of Tolisso's profile even if we play 4231 or 433 anyway.

Asensio, Kovacic, Isco, Paulinho, don't start all the time but are brought on/started as the game or opponent requires. Tolisso is our best midfield goalscorer and that already makes him important, even though he might not start in our strongest possible XI (not mentioning that such a thing shouldn't exist, as it should be based on the opponent).
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:08 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:i dont think we bought him to be an instant starter for us. i think we bought him to develop him, as vidal and javi are getting older. he has showed that he works hard and already shows improvement. i think tolisso has a bright future in our midfield. as for game time now, we are rotating alot anyway so im not scared of him getting no game time, but i do hope he gets a little more now we won the league cause he show so much dedication and the right mindset.

Still, my point stands, that we are not making an optimal use of our squad. Tolisso could be key NOW if accommodated under the kind of system I'm proposing, and that system would also help fix our problem of lacking wingers.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

dont see a formation without wingers work for us tho, then i would go for a 3 at the back or 5 at the back when not in possesion with alaba and kimmich as wing backs.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby America USA » Thu May 03, 2018 6:05 am

IMO he was excellent against Real Madrid. Made Kovacic and Modric largely anonymous. He looks like a good player for the future :)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 am

Love this guy.

Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby endrity » Thu May 03, 2018 11:24 am

Him and Sule are the biggest winners from the Real matches. Kimmich and James had, by and large, already proven themselves.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Corentin Tolisso in his first season at Bayern:

- Goals scored (9)
- Assists provided (6)
- Has a hand in goals (15)

(2 games before the season end);

Better ratings after almost every month.

I'm supporting you from 6 years, I hope to support you for many more in the red jersey !
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Hardrade » Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Corentin Tolisso in his first season at Bayern:

- Goals scored (9)
- Assists provided (6)
- Has a hand in goals (15)

(2 games before the season end);

Better ratings after almost every month.

I'm supporting you from 6 years, I hope to support you for many more in the red jersey !

Isiah supported Tolisso before it was cool

Hipster :coffee:
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:- Has a hand in goals (15)

Please reword that or Real Madrid might come knocking (or whichever team Maradona starts coaching)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Hardrade wrote: Isiah supported Tolisso before it was cool

Hipster :coffee:

I talked about this before but.. thanks to my dad who was a big Juninho Pernambucano fan (now he is a Cristino fan... [-X ) back in the beggining of this century (you feel old yet ? :P ), i started watching a lot of Lyon games (i'm watching a lot of football overall..) and when in 2013 he made his debut and scored his first goal for Lyon, after seeing him celebrating like crazy, he has since become my favorite player outside Bayern.

It's a dream to see him playing in Мünich, but that does not prevent me from being objective to him. I criticize him when he does not play well.
But there is no room for that lately. :P 8)

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:- Has a hand in goals (15)

Please reword that or Real Madrid might come knocking (or whichever team Maradona starts coaching)

I don't think he is going to leave anytime soon. In 2 or 3 weeks we should listen to his first interview in german ! That says a lot of him, and as far as i know, he told his agent to refuse the offer from Chelsea hours after learning the interest from Bayern. He is not chasing the big money. He wants to win. :P
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 05, 2018 9:18 pm

America USA wrote:IMO he was excellent against Real Madrid. Made Kovacic and Modric largely anonymous. He looks like a good player for the future :)

Modric was helping Lucas on the right for most of the time. If he was largely anonymous it was mainly because of Ribery and Alaba
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Larhm » Sun May 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Attitude a world different from Bobby.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 06, 2018 5:43 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I don't think he is going to leave anytime soon. In 2 or 3 weeks we should listen to his first interview in german ! That says a lot of him, and as far as i know, he told his agent to refuse the offer from Chelsea hours after learning the interest from Bayern. He is not chasing the big money. He wants to win.

Not sure if you got it (I tried to make it more obvious with the Maradona thing) but it was a jibe at Real with a literal interpretation of "hand". :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 12, 2018 9:46 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext