You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Corentin Tolisso

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:08 pm

One thing that I like from him is that, like Bernat, he is happy to fight and train hard for his starting spot. And I love the passion he shows when he celebrates =D> :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9872
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2231 times
Been thanked: 2338 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:35 am

How happy are you at Bayern? Tolisso: Can I ask for more? If you succeed here, your career will be a success. Players like Ribery, Robben, Müller and Lewandowski have had success here and have not left the club, because Bayern is a big club that compete every year for the title in the Champions League.

The three biggest clubs are for Tolisso anyway Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern and he was glad to have signed with the club, which is for him the biggest in the world.

There are many great players here, many who won the Champions League in 2013, others who became world champions in 2014. If you land in such a team, you know you can only improve in training.

Communication with Heynckes is more complicated than with Ancelotti. Sometimes Jupp speaks German with me, without a translator being there. I don't understand everything, but the most important thing is the aspects. Either way, I have to go on to learn the language.

Anyway, he is going to give his first interview in German at the end of the season. I don't know any other player who learned the language at his first season with Bayern..?

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4670
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2018 times
Been thanked: 2129 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Machiavellico » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 pm

He did show since he signed more excitement than others. That picture with him wearing the Bayern kit as a kid. Plus he said this was his dream club.
I'm not surprised by the way he puts in the work, both on and off the pitch. I really hope he'll have success here. Having a 24 yo hinting that he wants to end his career at his current club is something quite rare in our days.
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 240 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Isabella » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Machiavellico wrote:He did show since he signed more excitement than others. That picture with him wearing the Bayern kit as a kid. Plus he said this was his dream club.
I'm not surprised by the way he puts in the work, both on and off the pitch. I really hope he'll have success here. Having a 24 yo hinting that he wants to end his career at his current club is something quite rare in our days.

And we have two who hinted that in the latest months
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm
National Flag:
Italy
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 62 times
Gender: Female

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:11 pm

I really love his work ethic.
He shows that he wants to learn more and more.
Whoever noticed him should be given a nice bonus to his wage.



Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24782 times
Been thanked: 4818 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I really love his work ethic.
He shows that he wants to learn more and more.
Whoever noticed him should be given a nice bonus to his wage.



Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


It was me.. :roll: :oops: :P
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4670
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2018 times
Been thanked: 2129 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm

He has ben quite good..very good after the winter break..
Now his midfield play has improved and he is a goal threat from the beginning..
Now he seems like a justified signing..
Considering what Bakayoko was sold for Tolisso is a bargain.
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3624
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 1200 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Paphlagonian » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Let's give him time. Midfield position gets perfected by experience. Tolisso will get much better I'm sure. At least we can see the talent he has. That's enough for me to give him years.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 145 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby bastos80 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 pm

We should try him as a striker.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6236
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 403 times
Been thanked: 2247 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 pm

bastos80 wrote:We should try him as a striker.

lol for sure xD
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 pm

prasun77 wrote:He has ben quite good..very good after the winter break..
Now his midfield play has improved and he is a goal threat from the beginning..
Now he seems like a justified signing..
Considering what Bakayoko was sold for Tolisso is a bargain.

he played so well today in my opinion. he was calm and collected looked to be a good passing option and his goal was possible cause he kept calm and played a ball wide instead of just shooting he is improving alot. hopes he gets more playing time.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Actually he can play very well as a secondary striker..lewy will keep all the attention and marking..then he can run unmarked into the box and BANG!

Also he can drop deep when needed..It should be tried. Not many teams have such a big goal threat from deep midfield I can only think of 2-3 ..Gundogan,Vidal,to an extent Ramsey,maybe Saul..any more? I don't think so..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3624
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 1200 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:06 pm

prasun77 wrote:Actually he can play very well as a secondary striker..lewy will keep all the attention and marking..then he can run unmarked into the box and BANG!

Also he can drop deep when needed..It should be tried. Not many teams have such a big goal threat from deep midfield I can only think of 2-3 ..Gundogan,Vidal,to an extent Ramsey,maybe Saul..any more? I don't think so..
1) he isn't great at midfielding (keeping tempo and defending)

2) He can't play as a 10 because he doesn't have that great of an eye for a killer pass.

3) He can't play as a SS because we have Müller who does that better, and we would miss the creativity anyway if we don't play James as a 10.

Tolisso is a problem because of this. 4231 and 433 don't really have a role for him. I think he can be very usufull in a wingerless system as a wide midfielder (something like a diamond 442). Either

James---------------Tolisso
----------Thiago-Javi

Or

-------------James
Thiago-------------Tolisso
------------Javi

In both cases behind Lewy and Müller.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2675 times
Been thanked: 2382 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Actually he can play very well as a secondary striker..lewy will keep all the attention and marking..then he can run unmarked into the box and BANG!

Also he can drop deep when needed..It should be tried. Not many teams have such a big goal threat from deep midfield I can only think of 2-3 ..Gundogan,Vidal,to an extent Ramsey,maybe Saul..any more? I don't think so..
1) he isn't great at midfielding (keeping tempo and defending)

2) He can't play as a 10 because he doesn't have that great of an eye for a killer pass.

3) He can't play as a SS because we have Müller who does that better, and we would miss the creativity anyway if we don't play James as a 10.

Tolisso is a problem because of this. 4231 and 433 don't really have a role for him. I think he can be very usufull in a wingerless system as a wide midfielder (something like a diamond 442). Either

James---------------Tolisso
----------Thiago-Javi

Or

-------------James
Thiago-------------Tolisso
------------Javi

In both cases behind Lewy and Müller.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

i think he does fine in a 433 or a 4231
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:14 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Actually he can play very well as a secondary striker..lewy will keep all the attention and marking..then he can run unmarked into the box and BANG!

Also he can drop deep when needed..It should be tried. Not many teams have such a big goal threat from deep midfield I can only think of 2-3 ..Gundogan,Vidal,to an extent Ramsey,maybe Saul..any more? I don't think so..
1) he isn't great at midfielding (keeping tempo and defending)

2) He can't play as a 10 because he doesn't have that great of an eye for a killer pass.

3) He can't play as a SS because we have Müller who does that better, and we would miss the creativity anyway if we don't play James as a 10.

Tolisso is a problem because of this. 4231 and 433 don't really have a role for him. I think he can be very usufull in a wingerless system as a wide midfielder (something like a diamond 442). Either

James---------------Tolisso
----------Thiago-Javi

Or

-------------James
Thiago-------------Tolisso
------------Javi

In both cases behind Lewy and Müller.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

i think he does fine in a 433 or a 4231
He does decently enough. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that those formations don't have a role for him *because we have better players for the roles he can fulfill in those formations*. As a midfielder, Thiago, Vidal, Javi are all unarguably better, while Goretzka is also likely better. As a 10 James is King. As a SS Müller is King. No way Tolisso can start big games in any of those 3 roles.

In whatever case (4231 or 433), Javi and James should be automatic starters for the 3 midfield positions (including the CAM in 4231), then Tolisso has to dispute the last position with Thiago, Vidal and Göretzka. He is not starting ahead of those 3.*

He has a great capacity in the box though, so we might want to convert to a formation that can accommodate him as a starter, which IMO means a wingerless system (which is desirable anyway because we don't have pure WC wingers anyway).

* All of this asumes Müller plays as a RW. If you also want Müller to play centrally (which I disagree with on a 4231/433/4141 because it produces unbalancing or means benching James), then Tolisso DEFINITELY can't start.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2675 times
Been thanked: 2382 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests