You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Corentin Tolisso

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Corentin Tolisso

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:22 pm

The problem with Tolisso is that for the thing he does well (final third work), we have way better players (James, Müller, Thiago), and the rest of the actual midfield work he does poorly. Basically inexistent in defense and his distribution is nothing to write home about.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 am

He has significantly improved his midfield play but defensively and distribution wise after the winter break..
Now I believe he can come good next year..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Hardrade » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:59 pm

DerKaiser wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Only Man City would do such a thing..and why sell him when he is progressing?

not a super sub, not yet great 2nd string player, i dont see him progressing at munich unless someone pulls him aside and says grab ur nutsack, be bold and try to make some highlight worthy dribbles
heck even bernat did it today

What a load of bs, you obviously expect all midfielders to be the same type of player. Not gonna happen, and obviously we are not after that kind of influence on the pitch (Goretzka is the polar opposite of that for example). We don’t need three Thiagos or three Jameses, we need role diversity, and Corentin’s role is not yet fully established, due to his young age and him still integrating in the team.

Statistics prove you wrong too. Tolisso contributed to 10 goals since his arrival. That’s very solid for a midfielder.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Yes..contributing to goals is the hardest part..something which cannot be taught...rest everything a good coach can work upon.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby DiegoForlan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Corentin showed us a glimpse of his talent, he has it, and he will intergrate to the squad and make you doubters eat your words. Last game he was sharp, but with Lyon he was mostly amazing, I watched him when he played there, cus i like Lyon a lot, and it takes some time to replicate that for Bayern. He is a Bayern childhood fan, and that's something rare for a foreign player, he knows the importance of this club, and acts the same way. Let's have patiance, you people are so easy on judging "failure" it' frustrating, some players take a while to adapt and show their quality's, while some ( Bernat, DC ) do the oposite . I'm glad Coco is humble enough to be the former.
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Tolisso_fan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 am

Be patient with coco, is a very talented player, look at his perf on Lyon.
The two games against Juventus last season was just amazing, he is a really Top middelfied !
Tolisso_fan
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 am

I strongly believe that tolisso will make it. He just needs to learn a few things. He mainly needs to improve his off the ball positioning. If he learns to fill gaps better in defense, positions himself better so the defense can play to him when the enemy high presses and learns to play out of any situation(being pressed by 4 players) like thiago he will surely be an amazing midfielders for us.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Yes, He does the hard part right.that is goals..the rest can be taught..schweinsteiger was also similar as far his play was concerned in the beginning wasn't he? even modric..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Jupp: "Coco Tolisso will certainly become an important player for FC Bayern in the future. I'm satisfied with his performances - Kingsley Coman has huge potential and extraordinary qualities. Talent and skills are no longer enough these days. You must have passion and work hard"

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Oggy121 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 pm

French players always play well at Bayern
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Oggy121 wrote:French players always play well at Bayern

In general yes, but Ismaël was only decent. In fact he was never capped for France.
Papin was a big flop at Bayern, scoring just 3 goals in 27 Bundesliga matches.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm

MUTU wrote:

In general yes, but Ismaël was only decent. In fact he was never capped for France.

both JP and VI were broken by injuries.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:00 pm

For me he's a very confusing player.
So far with Bayern: GREAT player, average midfielder...if that makes sense.
He knows how to get into threatening positions and score. Which is hard to understate.
But....whenever he plays, I find myself asking what formation we're playing and what role he's supposed to be in. Even when he's deployed as a midfielder, he ends up looking more like a second striker. He tends to drift out of position A LOT and the concept of holding your shape seems totally foreign to him....as though he's basically just playing schoolyard ball, not holding to any "formal" position or formation and just running about as he sees fit. And to his credit it's working okay, he's been scoring at a good rate....but as a "true" midfielder I feel that he still needs to develop a lot.
I don't know if that all makes sense. He plays well and generally has a decent impact, but at the same time seems to fail to do the basic duties of a midfielder.
Hopefully he can settle in and see that get better, as IMO when he was playing in France he seemed a lot more complete/well-rounded as a player.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

both JP and VI were broken by injuries.

Still, 3 goals in 27 Bundesliga matches is really poor for a striker signed at the age of 30, had broken the world transfer record only 2 years earlier and won the Ballon d'Or 3 years before. It's equivalent to signing Messi in Summer (Messi is also 30 and won the Ballon d'Or 3 years ago), playing him as striker and he'd only score 3 goals in 27 Bundesliga matches.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm

aterford wrote:For me he's a very confusing player.
So far with Bayern: GREAT player, average midfielder...if that makes sense.
He knows how to get into threatening positions and score. Which is hard to understate.
But....whenever he plays, I find myself asking what formation we're playing and what role he's supposed to be in. Even when he's deployed as a midfielder, he ends up looking more like a second striker. He tends to drift out of position A LOT and the concept of holding your shape seems totally foreign to him....as though he's basically just playing schoolyard ball, not holding to any "formal" position or formation and just running about as he sees fit. And to his credit it's working okay, he's been scoring at a good rate....but as a "true" midfielder I feel that he still needs to develop a lot.
I don't know if that all makes sense. He plays well and generally has a decent impact, but at the same time seems to fail to do the basic duties of a midfielder.
Hopefully he can settle in and see that get better, as IMO when he was playing in France he seemed a lot more complete/well-rounded as a player.
What you're saying is not confusing at all. I would say it's exactly right. Tolisso has been great in the box, but his contribution in midfield duties is very poor. He needs to improve that aspect significantly, cause we just can't start a midfielder who can't midfield, and we have better attackers in Müller and James.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion