You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Bit he also said that he didn’t have a choice at the time, didn’t he?

Don't know but still irrelevant. The point is that he has said he made a mistake on at least one occasion. Pretty sure he also said it in relation to his tax evasion ;)

Yeah where he also claims to be a poor fella who has been victim of with hunt... I know you like your statements to be 100% precise, but it does well matter...
Because you can either take responsibility, or start to qualify and relativize the statement you just made - which is what he did in both cases (didn’t think about Heynckes when writing my comment, but about the tax case I did...)
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm

René Weiler: "I remember I met Ancelotti before a CL match when I was at Anderlecht. He told me that he wanted to push the young players but the older ones didn't like it. Then he was sacked. Maybe Carlo was right when he said he wanted to establish the youngsters" [Doppelpass]
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 pm

I fully believe that he was also forced to play the likes of Mueller and Ribery, but be that as it may, he couldn't figure out a tactic to make them work when his predecessor did.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I fully believe that he was also forced to play the likes of Mueller and Ribery, but be that as it may, he couldn't figure out a tactic to make them work when his predecessor did.

Imagine working with the likes of Robben, Ribery, Müller and probably Boateng,Hummels then..

He worked perfectly with players like Pirlo,Beckam,Maldini,Dida,Kaka,Seedorf,Ronaldinho,Gatusso,Nesta,Conte,Zidane,Bale,Ronaldo,Pepe, etc.., but "failed" to put our old "starts" on their places. Not saying that Carlo was perfect, but you cannot work right in place like Bayern nowadays.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:He worked perfectly with players like Pirlo,Beckam,Maldini,Dida,Kaka,Seedorf,Ronaldinho,Gatusso,Nesta,Conte,Zidane,Bale,Ronaldo,Pepe, etc.., but "failed" to put our old "starts" on their places. Not saying that Carlo was perfect, but you cannot work right in place like Bayern nowadays.

Yes, except one extremely and the only important thing - football got way faster than in 2002-2009 period.

Classic 10's are destroyed, classic 6's and 9's are also clinically dead nowadays in big clubs. Back then, you could play with a nursing home and beat the shít out of everyone. 9-10 years ago, wingers took over absolutely everything, otherwise 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 would suit us perfectly.
Just remember that Mourinho won his last CL title with 4-3-1-2 formation in 2010. Just 1-2 years later you couldn't do anything like that in football anymore.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:He worked perfectly with players like Pirlo,Beckam,Maldini,Dida,Kaka,Seedorf,Ronaldinho,Gatusso,Nesta,Conte,Zidane,Bale,Ronaldo,Pepe, etc.., but "failed" to put our old "starts" on their places. Not saying that Carlo was perfect, but you cannot work right in place like Bayern nowadays.

Yes, except one extremely and the only important thing - football got way faster than in 2002-2009 period.

Classic 10's are destroyed, classic 6's and 9's are also clinically dead nowadays in big clubs. Back then, you could play with a nursing home and beat the shít out of everyone. 9-10 years ago, wingers took over absolutely everything, otherwise 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 would suit us perfectly.
Just remember that Mourinho won his last CL title with 4-3-1-2 formation in 2010. Just 1-2 years later you couldn't do anything like that in football anymore.
While I agree with you on the tactics I should put aside them. He still knows how to play the game. He still knows who and when to use. That's why Napoli are currently behind Juventus. He was known for his leadership and because of the prevention of injuries. He failed because he wanted to cut the old players from the rotation. The players complained to Uli and he was sacked.

And I should believe that coach with legendary status and well known for his leadership failed because of his human leadership? The best at preventing injuries "trained wrongly"?

I'm not buying that.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Well tactics can't be put aside. If he got them right, the player wouldn't have complained. The last two footballing geniuses to coach Bayern were never forced out. Jupp garnered respect based on merit while Pep was clearly someone the players were grateful for because he taught them new things. Not once was there ever an unrest in Jupp's 2012 failure (you would think that's unforgivable) or Pep's recurring semi final exits in 3 years.

The only way to make top people respect you is by being even smarter than them. Even though everything was against Ancelotti, clearly something about him, or his footballing ideas, didn't impress players with elite record.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well tactics can't be put aside. If he got them right, the player wouldn't have complained. The last two footballing geniuses to coach Bayern were never forced out. Jupp garnered respect based on merit while Pep was clearly someone the players were grateful for because he taught them new things. Not once was there ever an unrest in Jupp's 2012 failure (you would think that's unforgivable) or Pep's recurring semi final exits in 3 years.

The only way to make top people respect you is by being even smarter than them. Even though everything was against Ancelotti, clearly something about him, or his footballing ideas, didn't impress players with elite record.

Yeah, I reckon the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think there's probably some truth that he didn't get to do the things he wanted perhaps, pressured into playing players he didn't wanna play, things of that nature...but at the same time regardless of who on the pitch we were tactically so stale. It felt like Ancelotti was expecting a 'turn-key' team who he could step in and give minimal instruction to and they'd just get the job done. And i'm not sure that's what he got.

I still think in a perfect world we get Ancelotti after Jupp and THEN Guardiola after that. IMO, Ancelotti is a great manager when it comes to taking a top-level team and keeping them at a top level. But I don't think he's suited to 'rebuilding' or teams in transition. For me that's where Pep shines. Get Ancelotti from 13/14 to 15/16, maybe even 16/17 and then hand it over to Pep, give him the reins and let him implement his style/system as we transition the old guys out and new guys in. In a perfect world for me, anyways. Such is life...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Fénix wrote:

While I agree on the general idea, Chelsea say no...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Ancelotti did it again...

After transforming Pirlo into one of the best registas of his time now he did the same with Hamsik.

The Slovak is playing super in his new role
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am

Bayern have not changed because I think the problems they had a year ago are still there from what I hear. My state of mind has changed a lot because last season I felt I only had the confidence of four or five players. Today, I feel the confidence of the players, but confidence also comes from the context and I think that changes a lot of things.
[ToI]

Hard to argue with this.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 pm

He is shit.... sure.... who knows why he failed in Munich... who knows?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He is shit.... sure.... who knows why he failed in Munich... who knows?

You better ask Ribery, Robben, Müller and one of Boateng/Hummels. I'm sure they can answer you better than we can.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 pm

He knew what was going after his back and in the end he was not giving a shit...

With him we could have one another ucl...

He showed it in his one full season
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 pm

That he’s shit?yes...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion