You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Carlo Ancelotti

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Carlo Ancelotti

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Poor Arsenal... the English media is reporting that Ancelotti will be replacing Wenger on a 4-year deal.

Arsenal have dismissed it though.

EDIT: Actually the source is the Corriere dello Sport

I guess it's true...
Imo he will be of great help for Arsenal

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Even Croatian media are writing about Ancelotti's move to Arsenal after the end of this season, but I think they also quoted the same source as the English media.
I'm not sure Ancelotti can reshape Arsenal from top to bottom, he didn't manage to change anything at Bayern despite the fact he stressed once that his bosses weren't some sugar daddies, very demanding personalities who often interfere in coach's work and don't understand football game, etc. yet he managed to fail big time.

But it's just Arsenal, once a great club who played the best football in England and around Europe and today just a mediocre team whose season target is to reach the CL spot(4th place at all costs. :mrgreen: ).
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I guess it's true...
Imo he will be of great help for Arsenal

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

After wanting to get rid of Wenger for so long, I would be very sad (as an Arsenal fan) if he were to he replaced by Ancelotti of all people.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Tbf, it's only Bayern fans that think Ancelotti sucks. Fans of other teams probably just think our squad plainly turned their backs on him and decided to play sh!t, but Carlo remains a good coach.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:01 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Tbf, it's only Bayern fans that think Ancelotti sucks. Fans of other teams probably just think our squad plainly turned their backs on him and decided to play sh!t, but Carlo remains a good coach.

That's not surprising at all, that's how things stand from a Bayern fan point of view. Ancelotti's reputation isn't any worse than before, on the contrary... some media even mentioned how Zidane's successor could be his predecessor, ie Ancelotti once again or one of the candidates for Italy and Milan manager. Now he's in combinations to take Arsenal's spot if Wenger decides to step down one year earlier.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm

FCB general wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Tbf, it's only Bayern fans that think Ancelotti sucks. Fans of other teams probably just think our squad plainly turned their backs on him and decided to play sh!t, but Carlo remains a good coach.

That's not surprising at all, that's how things stand from a Bayern fan point of view. Ancelotti's reputation isn't any worse than before, on the contrary... some media even mentioned how Zidane's successor could be his predecessor, ie Ancelotti once again or one of the candidates for Italy and Milan manager. Now he's in combinations to take Arsenal's spot if Wenger decides to step down one year earlier.
Yeah. I'm just guessing about other fans views, though. But yeah, I think it's only us that feel this way about Carlo.

PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm

True... doesn't mean we're wrong :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

May be we are may be we are not..
Ancelotti is a very successful coach..no doubt..

Why he failed at bayern..there are many reasons obviously you can't clap with 1 hand so both parties are responsible to certain extent..
Ancelotti didn't fit our philosophy (He is one of the biggest spenders in the last 10 years he has spent around 1.3 billion..only behind pep and mou)
he was not allowed that here at bayern
Here both parties are at fault.

Secondly, the language..no need to say more..but also consider he is almost 60 and german is a difficult language.

Thirdly, Why the hell would a manager leave out his best players before the most important game of the season?
You got the answer.

In case of jupp..he was already a fan favorite and had the board's backing as well..so the players knew that this time they have no choice but to take responsibility for their own actions.
It also helps that Jupp was also a "player's" favorite.

There's no need to vilify ancelotti..he won the league title here and we were 2-1 up at the bernabeu..had vidal not been sent off..
Ancelotti would have become a bayern legend..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Isabella » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Honestly the only real strange choice in that formation was Süle instead of Hummels considering Ancelotti’s usual thinking: evidently he felt Robbery was not fit enough for the PSG clash, Coman was never a first choice for him (and with the formation Ancelotti wanted play the place was for either Tolisso or Rudy) and Javi was clearly before Boateng in Ancelotti’s cb ranking. Ancelotti had a plan but sometimes things simply do not want as you wish...
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm

prasun77 wrote:May be we are may be we are not..

That is debatable, as I (and others) brought up several times when Pep was our coach and people wanted him. His record simply isn't that great. However, he's definitely had some great moments, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't confident when he took over.

Still, even if you do consider him to have been a very good coach at some point - which I'm not convinced of - his time here suggests he's past it and unable to adapt to changes in football.

I agree to a certain extent with what you say about not vilifying him. I appreciate the good things he gave us and unlike some others here, I think we were unlucky not to get past Real Madrid and we did well that night. I just don't think he's a great coach though. I can't see him improving Arsenal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:13 am

prasun77 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

May be we are may be we are not..

Why he failed at bayern..there are many reasons obviously you can't clap with 1 hand so both parties are responsible to certain extent..
Ancelotti didn't fit our philosophy (He is one of the biggest spenders in the last 10 years he has spent around 1.3 billion..only behind pep and mou)
he was not allowed that here at bayern
Here both parties are at fault.

Secondly, the language..no need to say more..but also consider he is almost 60 and german is a difficult language.

Thirdly, Why the hell would a manager leave out his best players before the most important game of the season?
You got the answer.

In case of jupp..he was already a fan favorite and had the board's backing as well..so the players knew that this time they have no choice but to take responsibility for their own actions.
It also helps that Jupp was also a "player's" favorite.

There's no need to vilify ancelotti..he won the league title here and we were 2-1 up at the bernabeu..had vidal not been sent off..
Ancelotti would have become a bayern legend..
I think Carlo had some bad choices, but I have to blame the players for the most part. It just seems to me quite obvious that they turned their backs on him pretty quickly. No explanation other than that for the MASSIVE change in form after Jupp arrived. I mean, Jupp is a superb coach, but it goes beyond the tactical improvement. Some players just "magically" upped their individual performances. By the time we played PSG and he left half of our theoretical starters on the bench, it was just OBVIOUS that there was a huge rift between players and coach.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Exactly..stop blaming carlo for droughts,floods and earthquakes..there were valid reasons on both sides because of which it didn't work out.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 pm

prasun77 wrote:Exactly..stop blaming carlo for droughts,floods and earthquakes..there were valid reasons on both sides because of which it didn't work out.

No matter what the "thousand reasons" were, one thing stands out that's all but fact: Ancelotti failed to give his 100% (poor training, not granting players permission to train overtime, questionable team selections in his last match etc), therefore he has to assume partial blame at least.

And, while he has partial blame, I will assume that the part is an absolute majority: I give the benefit of the doubt to the squad that won a treble through great teamwork and looked united before and after Ancelotti, that somehow they didn't want to work together. The players turning against Ancelotti is being used as an excuse to point fingers at Bayern players, but nobody is looking at the 'why' it happened. Surely, there were reasons, perhaps a good bulk of the "thousand" mentioned by Thomas Mueller. And I bet that many of these reasons were valid too. Viva la revolución!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 pm

A coach whose team turns on him is still to blame... Why don’t they turn on Heynckes? Why didn’t they turn on the philosopher?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion