You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks for everything Schweinsteiger!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:15 pm

15 years have passed since I was boasting with my friends that we have a new young Bavarian jewel.... and they were all laughing at me when I said his name!!!

The rest is history....

Hopefully he will come back home
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Wow... 17 years long career... I was young back then, but I remember his first appearance in Bayern's pro team in 2002/2003 when Hitzfeld gave him a chance against Lens as a late substitute in Bayern's worst CL season in the 21st century.

Thank you for everything Basti, I've really missed you in the last 4 years, ehhh... :|

Now it's time to say goodbye and look forward and eventually come back home and start a new adventure at Bayern.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:55 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:52 pm

He was a right back in his younger years, then moved up on the field to play as a winger but we were lucky enough to have no room for him on the wings at Bayern so he was moved to the central midfield. I remember one time an English commentator saying Bastian looked a lot like a quaterback and showed a few clips when he was protected by other players while holding the ball to send long diagonal passes to the wings when the time was right.
Certainly, his elegance commanding midfield was unmatched.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Jorge wrote:He was a right back in his younger years, then moved up on the field to play as a winger but we were lucky enough to have no room for him on the wings at Bayern so he was moved to the central midfield. I remember one time an English commentator saying Bastian looked a lot like a quaterback and showed a few clips when he was protected by other players while holding the ball to send long diagonal passes to the wings when the time was right.
Certainly, his elegance commanding midfield was unmatched.

To this day I do not think there is a better definition of a box to box midfielder than Schweinsteiger.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
I am not going to watch it ... at least for now.
It is too much ...heartbreaking
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:To this day I do not think there is a better definition of a box to box midfielder than Schweinsteiger.

Also, I remember the game vs Argentina at WC 2010. I was watching the game with Spanish commentary by Jorge Valdano and he said after Bastian's unreal dribbling to serve Arne Friedrich a ball in gift wrap: "did we made an alley of glory (callejon del honor) for him or he just taught Argentina how to play Football?"
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:27 pm

I am not one of those folks who thinks every German player is criminally underrated, but Schweinsteiger? Yeah. For me, one of the most underrated and underappreciated players of all-time. I have no doubt if he were a Spanish-born La Masia graduate playing in La Liga or an Englishman who spent his career in the EPL he'd be largely considered one of the greatest of all-time.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 am

So that means he has already retired?

I think Chicago Fire didn't make it to the play offs. Is there any other fixture for them?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 am

YlonenXabi wrote:So that means he has already retired?

I think Chicago Fire didn't make it to the play offs. Is there any other fixture for them?

https://www.facebook.com/BastianSchweinsteiger/
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:58 pm

aterford wrote:I am not one of those folks who thinks every German player is criminally underrated, but Schweinsteiger? Yeah. For me, one of the most underrated and underappreciated players of all-time. I have no doubt if he were a Spanish-born La Masia graduate playing in La Liga or an Englishman who spent his career in the EPL he'd be largely considered one of the greatest of all-time.

I think he was considered so for most of this decade until he left Bayern. He seems to have been a bit forgotten since, probably due to joining a terrible United and not even playing then moving to a league no one watches.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he was considered so for most of this decade until he left Bayern. He seems to have been a bit forgotten since, probably due to joining a terrible United and not even playing then moving to a league no one watches.

I still feel sorry that he didn't move to La Liga and joined Atlético de Madrid. There he would have been really interesting to watch in a strong team that plays physical football. :) If I recall correctly, the media linked him with the Simeone's team, but he joined Van Gaal's Man United.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion